PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel?

Diana Bain
07-06-2011, 10:13 PM
psychology and psychiatry aside. After I'm dressed I physically feel better...the aches and pains of my age (58) seem to disappear (maybe not 100%)...I just feel good. Am I nuts(probably, but that's another post)? How do you feel?

Cherry Lynn
07-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I can relate to the way you feel Diana. I am 58 also but feel much younger when I dress. I am not nuts, everybody else is, LOL.

wendy68
07-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I always feel better mentally and physically when i dress

Cynthia Anne
07-06-2011, 10:47 PM
OK! Is there an echo here 'cause I'm 58 and I feel the same as you!

Diane Elizabeth
07-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I am 58 also girls. At least for 7 more weeks. I feel younger. I think I look younger too.

Cari
07-06-2011, 11:08 PM
I feel better as well
Im not sure if its the act of dressing or knowing that I can still afford to do it once in awhile but I do feel better

Its like a mini vacation for me;
I do find it ironic that the thing most people can't understand or would call crazy actually helps me keep me sane.
Just the way Im wired I guess :-)

Nancie64
07-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Hey I'm far past that and I must say that when dressed i feel like about 40 and my SO says I dress like that too. Like the shorter skirts and the high heels. Must be in our head.

debbeelee1
07-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Wow, I'm 58 as well! Yep, my cares and worries and aches and pains seem to melt away when I'm dressed!

Intertwined
07-07-2011, 12:24 AM
As you put it "psychology and psychiatry aside", just the physical sensation. I feel GREAT...

Hopefully I am not going into too much detail, first and most importantly is the Heels, I have a nearly constant low back pain, that goes away while I am in high heels. Second is the male equipment gets to breath because I always wear mid length skirts or dresses with only a slip under it. Which brings up the last point, anything soft and lacy feels nice.

Starr
07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Well 58 is the next number up for me and like you when I dress I do feel better. I think it is because to me I feel and look younger then my male self when I dress.

docrobbysherry
07-07-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm generally in MORE pain or discomfort dressed! Corsets, girdles, tite clothes and shoes, etc. None of which I mind, by the way!
All parts of dressing distract my mind from my normal daily brain noise made up of all the things I need to remember and do! That singular concentration is usually a HUGE RELIEF!

Polly R
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Evening ladies

Well I was 58 two years ago... Yes, I don't know what it is but when you don't dress for a while, stresses build up and when you do finally have a session, it's like a huge weight being lifted off you. I too feel calmer and younger. It's an odd thing that has been commented on a lot in past posts here on the forum.

For instance, I haven't been dressed up fully, including war paint, for a couple of months. I've been feeling a bit deprived over the last few days and the safety valves really have lifted tonight when I got home from work and created a pink fog. Fully dressed (tastefully) as I write this and feeling a LOT better... My wife is due back on the train soon from babysitting our granddaughter. Now don't know what to do as I've got to go and fetch her from the station. She is reasonably accepting and helps me with clothes and makeup but it's more me who hasn't been out in full daylight in such a public place. Guess I'll have to take off the top layers...

xx Polly

Karren H
07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Really depends on how tight I have my corset laced! Seriously. I don't feel any different. They are clothes. I look prettier... But still feel old. Especially with all you yound 58 year olds!! Being a few click from 6 decades... Now I do feel so much more alive after playing a tough hockey game and scoring the wining goal... Tired and pain free. Till the morning when I can't walk. Lol.

Eryn
07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
This is an interesting conversation. I'm in the same age range and also feel better and look (I think) younger dressed, but I'm usually more physically uncomfortable.

The "feel better" part is easy to explain. I'm in a special place where I'm allowed to express myself as I wish. What's not to like!

The "look better" part is easy too. Makeup can help anyone look better and younger regardless of gender and I think the older (and more flawed) we get, the more effect it has. That's why GGs use it! One of the "gee whiz" things about CDing is watching my face improve as I apply makeup.

Physical discomfort is determined by what I wear. Viewed logically, strapping a couple of pounds of silicone to my chest with an elastic band has to be uncomfortable, and it is. Nice dresses and shoes demand more attention to wear properly, which also reduces physical comfort. Wearing makeup requires maintenance and discipline. I think a lot of us revel in this discomfort as it emphasizes that we are exploring a different reality.

Still, I put up with the discomfort for the pleasure the overall activity brings. This isn't any different than other avocations.

suzy1
07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I noticed that when dressed I feel much younger and more alive somehow.
And the time flies by!
I know exactly what you mean Diana.
The benefits of crossdressing are meny.

SUZY

BillieJoEllen
07-07-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm 58 also (ok____add a few years). I feel much younger when dressing because I dress younger. I suppose if I think about it I could feel all the aches and pains of one my age.

Meredy
07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I've had 24 hours that I could really go as far as my wordrobe and accessories could take me, the day flew by, but it felt like a weeks vacation.
When I sleep in nightie, I don't have back pain.
When dressed I don't find housework disagreeable, maybe because I love walking in heels and I want to move around and feel the swish from a skirt.

I feel like a different person, like taking a vacation from myself.

Michaela42
07-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I really do not have too many physical aches or pains to speak of, yet. But when I am dressed I do feel better emotionally. I am sort on the fence about living as a female (probably around 70/30 towards fem), so I think that is part of the relief that I feel. Sort of not having to keep my defenses and/or male act up I guess.

Melody Phillips
07-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm 46 and still young looking. no aches or pains (yet). When I dress I feel free and relaxed. I wish I could feel this way all the time.

Kate Simmons
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
:)It's due to the release of endorphins Hon.

satin n lace
07-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm going to be 38 in a couple months but when i dress i feel so alive now. I have just started to wear makeup also. It releases all the strain of the day and in the morning getting ready for work i just don't want to get in my male clothes anymore.:(

Fab Karen
07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Cue the music: I feel mighty real:)

suchacutie
07-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Ok, so my body just turned 61, but I have no idea how old Tina is, really. We've only known about her for not quite 6 years, so just transforming to her is exciting, and it's fresh and new every time. Learning about who she is...well that's a real kick! Let's face it, learning about a part of yourself that was submerged for decades just has to be exciting!!!!

tina

carhill2mn
07-13-2011, 12:06 AM
No matter how badly I am feelingm, I always feel better once I am en femme. Sometimes my back would be so sore that I could hardly get my pantyhose on but I would do it somehow. Mentally, I always feel better.

Jocelyn Quivers
07-13-2011, 08:44 AM
When dressed the pain, stiffness, and pour posture that plagues me in male mode is gone. It might have to do with the fact that I look younger and not quite as broken down as my male side, so in my mind I feel great.

sometimes_miss
07-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm a few years from 58; but in general, I still feel pretty much the same whenever I'm dressed, and often when I'm in drab. Stuck at 14; I still read Seventeen and Glamour, 'young adult' female oriented books, and wear the clothes. It's amazing to me how much has never changed. Physically, the only hints I get are the pains of worn out joints, but that's transient.