PDA

View Full Version : Who else in the family is a crossdresser?

Alison-Mary
07-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Hi

I guess there's the possibility of a "tranny" gene.

So was was wondering if anyone thinks that their children may be the same way inclined; even shown signs (the same applies to your parents)

And what do the mothers out there think? - especially the ones who are yet to accept their husbands.

Thks
Alison xxx

Paula_56
07-07-2011, 06:01 AM
I believe my brother is but never brought it up, I know a TS who's father was. I have heard tons of anedotal evidence to support your thought

Karren H
07-07-2011, 06:12 AM
I introduced crossdressing to my younger brother when he was 8. I know he tried it a few times and got caught by mom... He was not the more careful brother. Lol. I know he never pursued it to the extent I have.

VioletJourney
07-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I dunno... I think my dad is gay, but I don't think he's a CD. And my brother is extremely insecure with his own sexuality. My personal hypothesis is that the gene that causes gay men and crossdressers is probably the same gene, and depending on environmental factors it changes into different things.

Cynthia Anne
07-07-2011, 07:17 AM
I have a grandson of eight years that may be! His mother does not discourage him!

Sweet Sabrina
07-07-2011, 07:32 AM
I know my father is. I actually saw pictures that came up in a virus scan while fixing his computer. We haven't talked about it at all. After most of the advice I got from here I decided it wasn't something a father and son needed to discuss. But I definitely think it could be a hereditary thing

Sheila11
07-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I think my son might be CD, but there is no way I am bring it up. I would be blamed for everything.

Cathypb
07-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Yup! Have a younger sibling who is.

ilana
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
No one else in my family that I know of, but I happened to notice this:

My personal hypothesis is that the gene that causes gay men and crossdressers is probably the same gene, and depending on environmental factors it changes into different things.

I'd have to disagree. I think being gay or ts is completely independent of society and thus those traits are only due to nature. If you're born gay or ts, you're gay or ts and that's it. But it makes no sense to be born with a genetic desire to wear the clothes of the opposite sex. So, as I mentioned in a related thread, I think a cd is born with a feminine side and then expresses that feminine side by wearing women's clothing after interacting with society for at least a few years.

Sorry for going off topic.

ilana
07-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Going back on topic a little bit, it looks like cding (although maybe more like transexualism) seems to run in this indigenous people of mexico.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/07/weekinreview/07lacey.html

Eryn
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Going back on topic a little bit, it looks like cding (although maybe more like transexualism) seems to run in this indigenous people of mexico.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/07/weekinreview/07lacey.html

Interesting article. One thing kind of stood out. If this community accepted the third gender back to pre-Columbian times and has many members who speak ancient Zapotec, then why is their word "muxe" for the third gender derived from Spanish? If the practice predates Columbus I'd think that the word that describes it wouldn't have a Spanish origin.

Back on the original question, I know of no other crossdressers in my family, but my family is very small.

BillieJoEllen
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Years ago I saw a study of Trans brains as compared to 'men's brains'. The tranny brains showed the same similarities to a woman's brain. The men's brains were totally different. I don't know if that has anything to do with genes but I thought it was a revealing study.

MattiQ
07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I know both my father and my son are crossdressers. That makes 3 generations. I don;t know much about my father since we don't talk about it, but my mother has known for 35 years. My son started around age 6. It has to be genetic since I did not know about my father until a cople of months ago.

RADER
07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
My Brother is now my Sister, Does that count???
Rader

Eryn
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
It has to be genetic since I did not know about my father until a cople of months ago.

It may run in families, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is genetic. Many doctor's sons become doctors, but it isn't in their genes.

MattiQ
07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
It may run in families, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is genetic. Many doctor's sons become doctors, but it isn't in their genes.

I would buy that if the cross dressing was out in the open, but everyone in my family was in the closet when it started.... And to be clear, there is nothing wrong be it genetic or not, just out of the mainstream norm. The genetic argument does help my mother sleep at night.