PDA

View Full Version : Just don't care anymore

satin n lace
07-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Yesterday i needed to go in the yard to water the garden and some plants. I was dressed in a nice long summer dress with small straps makeup done and hair somewhat. I open the sliding door and heard the guy next door bbq so then i closed the door.

Then i was like i don't care so i went out if he seen me i don't care.Don't care if he seen me or not but i should'nt have to hide in my house this is who i am and my wife supports me 100% .

Cynthia Anne
07-07-2011, 07:33 AM
It took a long time for me to reach that decision! But When I did I enjoy life so much better! I'm not ashame of who I am! Hugs!

Stephanie Miller
07-07-2011, 07:37 AM
I have this quote by a great doctor. This person really did a lot to form who I am today that said something I will always remember....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss"

You go girl!

Diane Elizabeth
07-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Yea! for you stephanie. It depends on my mental frame at the time to say "I don't care who sees me". But I have them more and more often.

Claire Cook
07-07-2011, 07:48 AM
I have this quote by a great doctor. This person really ,did a lot to form who I am today that said something I will always remember....
s
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss"

You go girl!

What a great quote! We should all take this to heart,

SamaraS
07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
I have to say that I applaud your courage. We have lived in the same house now for 20 years and had 3 gay male couples on one side of us, and a gay man that has had 4 male SOs on the other side of us, so me stepping into the yard in a dress is only an issue for my wife.

I keep wondering if there is some kind of magnet around our house... ;-P

sue1965
07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I moved into this apartment complex shortly after my divorce. With a 6 foot sliding glass door in my living room. IT didn't take long for a lot of people to see me dressed up. Within 3 months of being here, I was going down to the basement once a week to do laundry. There are 9 apartments in my building alone and i think 8 of the occupants have seen me and have excepted me for who I am and compliment me and enjoy seeing my different outfits. The lady across the hall has even given some clothes to me that she no longer wears :)

sissystephanie
07-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Yesterday i needed to go in the yard to water the garden and some plants. I was dressed in a nice long summer dress with small straps makeup done and hair somewhat. I open the sliding door and heard the guy next door bbq so then i closed the door.

Then i was like i don't care so i went out if he seen me i don't care.Don't care if he seen me or not but i should'nt have to hide in my house this is who i am and my wife supports me 100% .

Way to go, Satin!! You are right, you are you and should not have to hide at all. I have felt that way for a long time and did have a supportive wife also. She has passed on, but I still go out dressed the way that I feel comfortable. Most of the time that is enfemme!! We, crossdressers, are people just like all the others and have all the rights that they do. One of those rights is to dress the way we like to!! Of course that means that we are decently covered!! Be your self and enjoy life!!

5150 Girl
07-07-2011, 12:33 PM
That's the way to be. I wish we all could muster such courage. I've said it a millon times, the more common place we make ourselves the more common place we become!

Eryn
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
What are your expectations of your neighbors? As long as they aren't doing something that hurts you you don't have any, do you?

The same applies to them.

KerryLynn
07-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Next step is Bikinis to the beach!!! Such a great day *sigh* lol

DonnaT
07-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Cool!

The only person I worry about in my neighborhood is my wife. ;)

satin n lace
07-07-2011, 06:30 PM

We'll be in Saint George Island Florida at the end of Aug i don't think i could be on the beach in a bikini :( the in-laws would be there oh well hope you could go to the beach.:)

I have to say that I applaud your courage. We have lived in the same house now for 20 years and had 3 gay male couples on one side of us, and a gay man that has had 4 male SOs on the other side of us, so me stepping into the yard in a dress is only an issue for my wife.

I keep wondering if there is some kind of magnet around our house... ;-P

I haven't got enough courage yet to go out in public yet but my wife and i are ready to go to San Fran soon i think thats a good place to start our town here can be quit small for going out en femm.

christinek
07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I quit caring also and just told everyone and everyone was great about it. My neighbor is a hair dresser and she is OK with helping me with wigs and styling. Another is a Navy Seal and he is awesome about it. I showed them my closet and I run around in pink flipflops cutting the yard with my anklet in plain site and painted toes.

You just get to a point in your life that you just give up worrying about others opinions.

dawnmarrie1961
07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
One small step towards self acceptance. One big step towards being who you are!!! You rock, satin!!!! Stay as much in the light as you feel comfortable doing but be mindful that although your wife supports you 100% she has the right to change her mind. So don't over step any set boundries.

Iskandra
07-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I have this quote by a great doctor. This person really did a lot to form who I am today that said something I will always remember....

You go girl!

Dang, I didn't know that was Dr Seuss..
But then the version I heard was " No matter, no mind. No mind, no matter!" which is i guess a zen twist on it... :)

I am starting to wonder though, Dr Seuss, AA Milne.. Childrens authors seem to have more good advice than all selfhelp books lumped into one..

Fab Karen
07-07-2011, 08:37 PM
A thousand miles begins with the first step.
Cue the music: I AM WHAT I AM

Michelle2008
07-08-2011, 03:20 AM
So happy for you! I love reading threads like this...

SusanQ
07-08-2011, 04:22 AM

My body is designed much better for a panty girdle, than a bikini :)

Meredy
07-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Love the quote, it has been rolling in my mind since I read it this morning!

docrobbysherry
07-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Good for u, Satin, and Christi!

Here's MY quote regarding neighbors: "What's the worst that could happen?"

Michelle8
07-09-2011, 03:22 PM
My neighbors all know I crossdress and have never said a ord about it.They are really cool.

BLUE ORCHID
07-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi S n L, It's what you do and it's who you are if the neighbors don't like it that's there problem.

Orchid

t-girlxsophie
07-13-2011, 09:43 PM
With our wifes support,we can do anything

Sophie