PDA

View Full Version : Truth AND Dare

Anne2345
07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Although I have alluded to some of the negative aspects of society in past posts, I do believe that society is also possessed of many positive virtues. One such positive virtue is the pursuit of truths. Whether truths are sought out collectively or individually, pursuit of the truth is among the noblest of endeavors of the human race. Sometimes truths are hidden, obfuscated, ignored, or feared, but always pursued somewhere by someone with a stake in the outcome, or the passion for knowledge.

It is easy to say “I want to know the truth” about any given matter. But do I really want to know the truth? Sometimes truths are hard to accept and reconcile in the face of adversity or opposing viewpoints and expectations. Sometimes it’s much easier to just go with the flow, close one’s eyes, and hope the truths dissipate into an imaginary fog of denial. But who does this serve, and for how long? More importantly, what are the consequences, and what impact will the consequences have on the individual?

There are many easy truths to accept about who and what we are. For instance, I am a parent, a husband, and I need to work for a living. There is no dare in accepting such easy truths. But do we dare seek out the more elusive and difficult truths about ourselves? Or do we instead lower our heads and slowly trudge forward along a dark and foreboding path of denial, doomed to misery and an incomplete life?

One truth of mine is that I love wearing makeup, donning women’s clothing, and changing my appearance to that of a woman. I am a male, but I am also feminine. I dare to cut across the grain of society’s expectations of me, and search out my own personal truth about myself. In this, I have discovered that Anne is not just an alternate ego or persona that I project when time allows, but that she is an integral part of who I am, all of the time. There is no delineation between Anne and my masculine self. Obviously, my feminine side is in the forefront when dressed, but she is always present, influencing me, being me, even when I am in drab. This is a truth that I have dared to seek out and accept, and that I embrace with all of my heart. I love this truth about myself!

And in this, the truth is that all of us MtF crossdressers have accepted the dare to search out our own personal truths about our crossdressing, and the reasons why we do it. Searching for the truth is indeed noble. Accepting the dare to discover this truth, given the adversity we individually face as a collective group, requires an immeasurable amount of courage and passion. Accepting this dare is not for the faint of heart. It is not a decision made casually, but although it may be out of necessity, it is most certainly born out of the courage to accept the dare in the face of our own personal truth.

Of course, a truth for one individual does not always equate to a truth for another. What is your personal crossdressing truth, and have you fully accepted the dare of discovering it?

Cynthia Anne
07-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Lovely story! Very well told! My truth is I want to be complete! I do not like being in between male and female! I feel that I'm female and I completely except that! Having a male body and beleive that I am female has been with me for many years! Excepting that has been with me only a couple of years! I love the truth! Hugs!

Nichola
07-08-2011, 03:45 AM
My 'truth' is still very much out there to be discovered.
Male in male mode, yet why do I feel such comfort in being feminine when dressed?
Why do I enjoy it so much?
How far 'dare' I take it?

I'm sometimes overwhelmed now by the desire to get out there, & to embrace my feminine side a little more.
Maybe there's more to my crossdressing than I origonally thought? I once thought dressing alone in private was enough for me, but now I know need something more.
So I guess for me, my truth is still a series of unanswered questions.

Nichola

suzy1
07-08-2011, 04:10 AM
I enjoyed reading your post Anne as always but for me you have brought to mind the vast differences between us all.
None of the excellent points you cover here apply to me.
For me it’s nothing about truth or accepting myself. I am a simple soul that was just born this way. And I have never had a problem with my crossdressing.
I did not accept any dare because I just don’t give a toss [stronger word was deleted]
I know I keep on saying this but………..life is fun, that’s all it is for me.

I do wish some of the members would stop beating themselves up over there C.D.ing. Where does it get them?

SUZY

Gina X
07-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Suzy, I wish all crossdressers had your attitude to life, I do share your attitude, but have a lot of health problems so CD'ing is the least of my probs and actually comes as a bit of light relief. I bet damn was the word you deleted .................

Cynthia Anne
07-08-2011, 05:04 AM
Suzy, I wish all crossdressers had your attitude to life, I do share your attitude, but have a lot of health problems so CD'ing is the least of my probs and actually comes as a bit of light relief. I bet damn was the word you deleted ................. I dont think damn starts with THAT letter!!:D

suzy1
07-08-2011, 05:22 AM
Suzy, I wish all crossdressers had your attitude to life, I do share your attitude, but have a lot of health problems so CD'ing is the least of my probs and actually comes as a bit of light relief. I bet damn was the word you deleted .................

Gina, my hart goes out to you. But your posts are always a joy to read despite your problems.
So I wish all crossdressers had your attitude to life!
The word was s**t.

Sorry Anne I don’t mean to hijack your exhalant post.

Frédérique
07-09-2011, 07:36 PM
One truth of mine is that I love wearing makeup, donning women’s clothing, and changing my appearance to that of a woman. I am a male, but I am also feminine. I dare to cut across the grain of society’s expectations of me, and search out my own personal truth about myself. In this, I have discovered that Anne is not just an alternate ego or persona that I project when time allows, but that she is an integral part of who I am, all of the time. There is no delineation between Anne and my masculine self. Obviously, my feminine side is in the forefront when dressed, but she is always present, influencing me, being me, even when I am in drab. This is a truth that I have dared to seek out and accept, and that I embrace with all of my heart. I love this truth about myself!

I detect an interesting dichotomy here – TRUTH implies being in agreement with a standard, and it can also mean a “correctness” that has been agreed upon, for the good of all concerned. Being honest and sincere (or true), certain in one’s convictions, the MtF crossdresser seeks a hidden truth, bringing what is inherent and "within" to the immediate, visible surface for a more truthful representation of “self.” Doing so can never be false, or untruthful, or anything less than REAL…

When you DARE, you have the courage to face, oppose, and defy the truth you have been taught to believe in. It’s a challenge, and you must approach your task with boldness. You CAN handle the truth, as long as you dare to dream…
:battingeyelashes:

Torrey
07-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Have to echo Cynthia Ann's response. The truth is that I feel trapped in an in between world. the truth is that I don't exactly know how I am going to get from "here" to "there." The truth is that i need to be more Torrey...she's a better person.

Hugs,
Torrey

Iskandra
07-20-2011, 09:32 PM
When you DARE, you have the courage to face, oppose, and defy the truth you have been taught to believe in. It’s a challenge, and you must approach your task with boldness. You CAN handle the truth, as long as you dare to dream…
:battingeyelashes:

I don't think it is a case of opposing or defying the truth, more so a case of accepting that which is true to oneself (and allowing others their own) no matter how difficult that truth is..
Truth is not always a standard! I love double even tripple salted licorice, thats a truth, but judging by the revulsion of just about everyone that sees me eat it, it's not a standard, yet their revulsion is true for them.. One persons truth is oft anothers untrue.. Specially in matters of 'taste'..

Now if you're talking about universal truths, like speed of light, gravity, (which btw I'd prefer at about 80% of what we live with), pi.. Denying those is plain moronic and sometimes fatal..