PDA

View Full Version : Good times in Vegas

michelleddg
07-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Wow, let there be no doubt this is the place for us!

Got my eyebrows threaded at home, then shaved from the eyebrows down once I arrived. Hair be gone!

Did some googling around hair styling and didn't really find anything clear cut. Ended up as a walk in to a shop called Another Wild Hair, and asked for a women's wash and styling. No problem, there were stylists waiting. Had a nice chat with mine, and basically asked her to use her skills and imagination. She was good with it, and I came out with a pretty styling for $15. Looked a bit funky in guy mode, but I wasn't done.

Next, over to the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace where they have a MAC Pro Shop. Busy, lots of customers and SA's. Went to the counter and asked for a makeover. The guy at the cash register was big and burly with a beard, not your typical MAC SA. However, he said of course as if it were the 20th cross makeover he had scheduled that day. He said he'd it would start as soon as a tech freed up, which ended up being about 15 minutes.

My tech was Angelia (ask for her!), the store manager. The makeover was totally out in the open but just amazingly nobody gave it a second thought. Except, of course, for the other techs who would wander by every now and then to ooh and aah and tell me how amazing I looked :-)

Angelia took her time, asked for preferences, explained what she was doing. We went for lashes, quite a lot of contouring, a neutral lip, and the work she did to make my eyebrows pretty was amazing. Just short of 2 hours. You need to buy $50 of product for the deal, so I went with the lashes, foundation and eyebrow pencil.

I asked if they had somewhere in back I could change. (At this point I was in jeans, tshirt, sneaks, poofed hair and full makeup.) They said sure, and I changed into undergarments, skirt, blouse, ballet flats and jewelry. Reemerged to oohs and aahs :-) Just a fine, fine experience.

I told Angelia she would get a passing grade if I looked good enough to go to a show, and that she had passed. So, over to the Imperial Palace for Frank Marino and his Diva's show. First, I got lost in the parking garage; along the way a dude said "honey can I help". Um, thanks, you just did :-) Then, an extended exchange purchasing a ticket from a young man who gave no signs at all of recognition. Then, 90 minutes in very close quarters at the show. Again, I never felt those beady little eyes, and chatted a bit with others in the audience, so really felt like I passed the audition.

Oooh, wanted to wear my high heels and nylons, but that wouldn't be blending. Just a lovely day and evening. Thank you Las Vegas!

gabe
07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Glad you are having a good time, I hope you have more fun adventures. I am in Vegas too, although I am not having as good a time as you.