PDA

View Full Version : I guess that answers that question

Sarah Doepner
07-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I was in Las Vegas this week for the first time since Diva Las Vegas in April. I didn't have the opportunity to spend Sarah time there, but I did stop in to visit someone who met Sarah last April. There was no hesitation at all, she recognized me right away without my makeup, wig, female clothing and body shaping. All that may work a little on strangers, enough to get them to walk past me before they comment or laugh. Evidently nothing I do, short of a full burqa will be enough if I run into someone who knows the male me.

I must be more comfortable with my crossdressing now. A few years ago it would have been devastating to have someone pick me out so easily. Has anyone else had this experience?

Eryn
07-09-2011, 12:11 AM
There are people who are remarkably talented at recognizing people. It might have been your voice, your eyes, or some other characteristic that you don't even realize you have. It's an uncanny ability.

I, OTOH, have face blindness. You can be secure in the knowledge that if I met your femme side I would not recognize your male side three months later. In fact, unless I got to know you very well, your femme side would also be new to me! :)

Hugs, Eryn

celeste26
07-09-2011, 12:11 AM
There are very few people who have this talent, fortunately very few. I wouldn't worry about it, 99% couldn't remember yesterday much less who this person in front of them is.

Diane Smith
07-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Yes, Sarah, I had the opposite experience a couple of years ago -- I was out and about en femme and a work acquaintance walked right up to me, called me by my male name, and re-started a conversation we had begun earlier about work. She wasn't freaked out by my appearance at all, but I was certainly bummed that I was recognized so immediately.

- Diane

Cynthia Anne
07-09-2011, 07:06 AM
I think Eryn discribe me to a tee! If I saw you today for the first time and then seen you again 30 days later I proberly wouldn't recconize you! Even if you were dressed the same as before!

Sara Jessica
07-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi Sarah, the same thing happened to me. If you recall one of the makeup artists who did the Macy's makeovers for DLV, I first met her in 2009 and she only saw me in girl mode. I then was in Vegas about 10 months later in guy mode and paid her a visit. I wandered over to her counter and browsed and she approached me within about 10 seconds, asking if she could help me find anything. I turned to her and said, no, I'm just browsing and her face immediately lit up and she said "Sara"!!! So like you, I was a bit disappointed that it seemed way too easy for her to make the connection but she replied that faces are part of her job, that in her opinion I wouldn't have been so recognizable otherwise.

And that is something I've been told by others when talking about this subject, that it all depends on what people are looking for, how much they are paying attention. People are not looking for (insert guy name here) presenting as female so they take what they see at face value, a woman. The main difference these days of course is that without a wig, I lose an important piece of anonymity but I think you typically wear one so you shouldn't have that problem.

Intertwined
07-09-2011, 09:22 AM
I would actually take that as a compliment, Marsha always looks better than Marshall. In fem (my 50/50) I am always clean / neat / pay close attention to what I am wearing / color coordinates, where as Marshall is usuallly a slob / unsaven / wrinkled cloths.

Starr
07-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Many years ago I did the crossdresser thing for Halloween at a place I worked. Of course there were photos made of the "Pink Floosey" and everyone got a kick out of a manager dressing for halloween.

But to the point here, there was a photo of me dressed put up in the shipping dock area by one of my employees and when people would come in on the dock from the out side NO ONE ever figured out it was me, until they ask and the employee told them who it was..

Nikki A.
07-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Went to the diner after church a few weeks ago. Walking in a skirt, nice wrap top (showing a little cleavage), hair short but I thought styled nicely femme and make-up. An old man in a walker walking out holds the door for me and says "after you sir".
Well, so much for feeling good on how I looked. Oh well, still had a nice brunch w/ my friends and then did a little shopping and headed home. Some days you eat the bear and other days he eats you.

AnnaCalliope
07-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I have yet to experience this, but I wouldn't be fazed if it did occur. 99% of my daily outfits when not en femme, are really just femme outfits sans breast forms. Women's jeans or slacks, sandals or flats, blouse or tight t-shirt, foundation, mascara and pale pink eyeshadow. I once had a friend ask me how I dress in male mode. I took out my forms and wiped off my lipstick.