PDA

View Full Version : i painted my little girls nails

Deanna B
07-09-2011, 12:13 PM
hi all . last night i painted my lttle girl's nails and toes dark red she loved it . she thought the nail polish was her mums but it was mine. today they went swimming so my mum come to watch them so i told her i painted her grandchild's nails and toes as my mum looked at me she said you did your nails too (a very light pink) yes i said and she smiled. WOW i did not think that would happen. i thought of telling her about my cding but i thought no see if she asks another day . i know this is not a big thing but it was a big step for me . love deanna b

Barbra P
07-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Deanna

As some Chinese philosopher is reported to of said “The longest journey starts with a single step” or something along that line. I’ll just add that baby-steps are sometimes the best course to take until you know the road ahead is actually the path you want to go down.

I’ve been contemplating doing my Grandchildren’s nails, and I think they too would love it.

Natalie D
07-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I have to agree with Babs. Baby steps are best. The chances are that just seeing your nails she wouldn't put 2 and 2 together. Painting your nails is hardly a confession of CDing. I'm guessing she just thought you painted them for a bit of fun while painting your daughters.

I said on another thread on here that I have no intention of telling my Mum. She may have some idea from when I was younger and even found some of my hidden underwear whenI was a teenager living at home.

My view on this is simple, why tell her? I don't think me or my mother have anything to gain by it. Its not like I'm going to start wearing her clothes again LOL.

For you it may be different. You know her better that me of course, but I would guess you'd have to tell her before she asks you.

Cynthia Anne
07-09-2011, 02:16 PM
That's a sweet little story! I agree! Small step are best! If you jump in you may not like the water temp! Hugs!

happy2cd
07-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I was the first one to do my daughter's nails, and she loved it. I need to get her some more colors so that I can do them more often.

Kathy4ever
07-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Girl time is fun!!!! My daughter and I did our nails in febuary. I keep waiting for the next time. Waiting for her to ask again so I have a reason to have them painted. Right now it seems I have been replaced by a neighbor girl. She keeps joking she is going to paint my nails but just like my wife never does.

Deanna B
07-10-2011, 02:57 PM
hi girls . thank you all very much for your replys and support. you all take care and look after your selfs love deanna b x

Gaby2
07-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Lovely story, Diana b, and a very kind gesture of your Mom!
A little while ago, I leant various nail-polishes to my ten-year-old and her friend, claiming I had bought them as a future birthday present...
I left the girls alone for a half-an-hour. When I came back I found my girl thrilled to bits that she could also make pretty designs with the polish on her feet!
I reacted somewhat panicky, not really knowing how permanent or dangerous this might be and wondering what sort of trouble this might get me into.
After removing it without too much bother, a fair share of reprimanding and extracting promises not to tell anybody, I did manage a little smile myself!
Gaby:heehee:

gerri ray
07-10-2011, 05:00 PM
After I got my first pedi, I showed my 2 year old niece. She thought they were so pretty. She wants to see them everyday lol

retrofitme
07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
My 4 year old daughter wanted her fingernails done the other day. So I painted them... while they were drying, I mentioned that she had really nice toenails too. She pondered for a minute, then she asked if we could paint her toenails too, so I did! It was a great father/daughter moment. Ironically, CDing didn't even come up in my mind at the time - I was just glad to engage her in something she was interested in. :)

Deanna B
07-11-2011, 12:41 PM
hi all . yes it is a great father and daughter moment:) . my 5 year boy to wanted his nails done:D . if i did my wife would of kill me:thumbsdn: . love deanna b x