PDA

View Full Version : Funeral

Kathy4ever
07-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Had a close uncle die this week and went to the funeral yesterday. I'm watching all the woman and being jealous I coul not wear my heels, have painted nails and toenails and a beutiful black dress on. Also I could not put my face on yesterday. Good thing or my mascara would of run. It is really getting harder and harder not to notice nail colors and outfits anymore. A few years ago I would of looked at them and just want to be with them, now I just want to have what they have on. Anyone else feel this way?

VioletJourney
07-10-2011, 05:39 AM
No offense intended here... but maybe you should have been thinking about your uncle rather than yourself.

BLUE ORCHID
07-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Hi Kathy, That's the bad thing about wedings and funerals all the well dressed ladies.

Orchid

Renee_E
07-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Yep! All the time and some times I even wish I had a body like that.

Beverly
07-10-2011, 07:14 AM
I do not do funerals. However, I love going to weddings. Always underdressed! I just love the Mother of the Bride dresses. And yes, I have a wedding gown. $100 at a yard sale.

renee k
07-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi Kathy,

I think that's a natural responce. I always look at women and note how their, "put together". No matter where I am. And if I really like their look, I'll give them a compliment.

Renee

Karren H
07-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Life sucks.... Then you die...

Jillian Faith
07-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Not just weddings and funerals, but each and every day.

krisinpink
07-10-2011, 08:14 AM
A few years ago I would of looked at them and just want to be with them, now I just want to have what they have on. Anyone else feel this way?

for me, I feel this way exeryday.

Cynthia Anne
07-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Only time that happens to me is when I see a well dress lady!

pantyhoselover
07-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi Kathy,

I think that's a natural responce. I always look at women and note how their, "put together". No matter where I am. And if I really like their look, I'll give them a compliment.

Renee

Hi Renee,
I've given compliments about someone's hair, necklace their wearing, etc. They thank me, but they must be wondering a little about me. I've noticed that most guys don't give those type of specific fashion complements. Of course, we're not like most guys!
PHlover

Kathy4ever
07-11-2011, 03:53 AM
No offense intended here... but maybe you should have been thinking about your uncle rather than yourself.

I was thinking about him too. But it was hard not to notice the other things like dresses, shoes, jewelry, hairstyles and manicues and painted nails. It is getting harder and harder to turn this thing off.

ReineD
07-11-2011, 04:08 AM
I was thinking about him too. But it was hard not to notice the other things like dresses, shoes, jewelry, hairstyles and manicues and painted nails. It is getting harder and harder to turn this thing off.

Have you ever given any thought to going to see a gender therapist to help you determine whether you are TS or not?

Gerrijerry
07-11-2011, 04:43 AM
you go to a funeral and what is important to you is how you and others are dressed? If it is that important then you should have dressed in a black dress make-up and heels, Sounds to me like you are just interested in yourself. Next time stay home. Funerals are for people who actually cared about the person.

linda allen
07-11-2011, 07:44 AM
you go to a funeral and what is important to you is how you and others are dressed? If it is that important then you should have dressed in a black dress make-up and heels, Sounds to me like you are just interested in yourself. Next time stay home. Funerals are for people who actually cared about the person.

Having recently attended one for a good friend, I have to agree.

I do not do funerals..You do not do funerals? What if it's a parent or child? Wife? Best friend?

Funerals are no fun of course, but they are our way of letting others know how much we cared and respected the deceased when he or she was alive. And our way of resolving the fact that the person is gone.

BillieJoEllen
07-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Have to humbly disagree with Gerri. Life is for those who actually care for people and get involved in their lives. Go to a funeral out of respect for the relationship you've had with that person. I'm toatally amazed at members of my family who will spend a thousand dollars on a flight and hotel room just to pay 'their respects' to another family member but never took the time to phone or send a letter or visit the deceased when they were visiting the area.
Staying on topic its hard not to notice what women are wearing at different events like weddings and funerals. I try not to make that an important issue - especially at funerals. But I do notice....

ruthie801
07-11-2011, 11:18 AM
OMG yes all the time I wish I could have what woman have.

NicoleScott
07-11-2011, 01:59 PM
C'mon folks. Inappropriate criticism of Kathy. People have to mourn (and get through a funeral service) in their own ways. Maybe noticing what women were wearing was Kathy's way of diversion to avoid an emotional breakdown or some other reaason. Also, it is possible to pay proper respect AND notice what women are wearing, isn't it?

Kittykitty
07-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Also, it is possible to pay proper respect AND notice what women are wearing, isn't it?
Like walking and chewing gum at the same time? That's just crazy talk, that doesn't happen.

So sorry to hear about your loss, Kathy. Best wishes to you and your family.

suzy1
07-11-2011, 02:07 PM
As Nicole said. There is inappropriate criticism here.
She is at the funeral. She is supporting the grieving.
And the uncle is not going to worry about it is he!
Let’s get real here.

SUZY

tia61
07-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Years ago when I was in my twenty`s, I had an uncle pass away and all the ladies had there black patent pumps, black hose and dresses on. I started hyperventilating. My wife at that time knew what was going on and helped me get through it, and yes I was still grieving my families loss. My prayers for your loss.

Transboy
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that but if you would of felt better you could of maybe a way of coming out possibly but i know it takes alot of guts still trying myself..

Maria 60
07-11-2011, 05:36 PM
As Nicole said. There is inappropriate criticism here.
She is at the funeral. She is supporting the grieving.
And the uncle is not going to worry about it is he!
Let’s get real here.

SUZY
Thank you Suzy finally some common sense.

Nicole Erin
07-11-2011, 06:57 PM

Yeah no doubt hahah.
My uncle died but I was worrying about not being able to prance around in a black dress and pantyhose"

Kathy4ever
07-12-2011, 03:50 AM
I don't know where this question came from. My post was about liking what the woman were wearing. But to answer your question, I have thought about and probable will do this one day. It is not in the cards today.Being on this site gives me some sanity about what I like to do.
Have you ever given any thought to going to see a gender therapist to help you determine whether you are TS or not?

Kathy4ever
07-12-2011, 04:00 AM
If I was more interested in just myself then i would of dressed up for the occasion. I think that would of been disrepectful to my uncle. I guess in your opion you can't have any thoughts other than the funeral. I'm of the believe that my uncle is a better place now. He will not be in pain any longer. Hey I'll miss him and my thoughts will be of him, but sometimes you have to relieve your sorrow with other thoughts. My other thoughts were of fem things today to get over my sorrow. You have your opion and I'll just agree to disagee with you.

t-girlxsophie
07-13-2011, 09:22 PM
I think perhaps the original post didn't really convey what Kathy was meaning to say,of course her overwhelming feelings were for her Uncle (after all she did say they were close),but part of coping for her was to look at the women there,and their outfits.When I pass away Ill be hoping the mourners think of me,but hopefully too they will thinking of me with smiles on their faces (and not wearing black),theres different ways to mourn loved ones,we shouldn't judge others feelings,and how they choose to express them imo

Sophie