PDA

View Full Version : Im soo missing the feeling of real femininity

nylon boy
07-11-2011, 06:13 AM
In the summer months shaving my legs is out of the question so going out as lexie cant be done and my girly feelings can not be satisfied as i only like to wear skirts this is really getting me down :sad:

Karren H
07-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Same here. Wife requires I pass as a male in shorts!! But I have incorporated(ed enough small feminine things in my daily life to get by. Wearing a corset almost 24/7 really helps!!

BLUE ORCHID
07-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi N.B., You may need to rethink skirt issue and get some very feminine ladies slacks
a pair of long slacks with just the tip of the heel and toe showing looks great
sometimes we have to bend a little just don't tell Karen about your slacks.

Orchid

celeste26
07-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Over the years I have never been asked about my hairless legs by anyone so I really don't understand what the problem is. For strangers it is far too personal a question and for those who are close I guess it just never came up as anything but how I choose to live my life. It is one of the first hurdles we CD's get over and usually it is without any fanfare, just be careful and don't cut yourself in the process.

So Nylon boy why is it that you've delayed this process?

Patricia Jane
07-11-2011, 06:39 AM
If you really want to shave your legs, or keep them shaved, just do it! They are your legs. Mine have been shaved,or epilated for years. No one has laughed or confronted me about this. If you want to do it, DO It!

Karren H
07-11-2011, 06:46 AM
If you really want to shave your legs, or keep them shaved, just do it! They are your legs. Mine have been shaved,or epilated for years. No one has laughed or confronted me about this. If you want to do it, DO It!

Obviously your not married to my wife!! "She who must be obeyed!"

Dawn cd
07-11-2011, 07:09 AM
More and more straight guys are wearing capri-like pants. Maybe you could express your fem side by donning femmy capris and leaving your hairy shins exposed below them. A boat-neck top and you'll look like a French sailor. Vive le summer!

gaylegirlify
07-11-2011, 07:58 AM
I have the same problem and the added obstacle of working in a lead mine where you are required to change in and change out with all other male staff, not sure what they would say to me after seeing me with hairy legs all the time?

Cynthia Anne
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
It's sad that so many can't shave in warm weather! And yes I understand different reasons why!I Find myself shaving more in the summer because I am cooler without that nasty hair!

Nikki A.
07-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Tell them you shave them to make it easier to spot ticks on your legs.

prettytoes
07-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I ride my bike 7 miles every morning. I thought about using the "avid cycler" thing, but I don't even understand why bike riders shave thier legs, and can't seem to find the answer, other than it is easier to care for road rash if you go down. I don't race, I just ride for exercise.
I also like the tick idea...I spend a lot of time in the woods.
I have also heard that hair holds odor, so many hunters (like me) are shaving hair to reduce human odor. I have shaved my arm pits every autumn for several years for this reason. My wife never even noticed. She knows about my dressing now, so shaving legs won't be an issue.
I'm in the same boat as Nylon Boy...just not ready for the questions...if they are even asked.

Eryn
07-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Summer is the best time of year to be smooth!

I'm a worst case scenario. I went from hairy to smooth all at once, arms and legs. I'm seen by dozens of the same people every day. Nobody has said a thing.

When was the last time you paid attention to how much body hair your acquaintances have? The only times I have paid attention were when the subject was brought up here. Since then I've noticed a couple of my friends are unusually smooth. Big deal! They're lucky too!

josee
07-11-2011, 06:43 PM
If you want to wear a skirt and can't shave off that nasty leg hair. Wear opaque tights or multiple pairs of hose. Of course that would be a bit warm in this summer heat!

breannia
07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I feel your pain, wish I could have shaved legs all year round. My wife supports the idea but with friends and kids we both agree on hairy legs for the summer time. Then by the time I get shave again its to cold to go out.

whowhatwhen
07-11-2011, 06:56 PM
We're in the same sort of spot, but I've decided that I'm going to shave my legs (and the rest of it) anyway.
I'm not much for arbitrary social conventions to begin with but the reasons for a man keeping his hair are ridiculous at best.

"Are you trying to look like a child?"
"Are you trying to look like a girl?" Well...
"Are you gay?" Maybe, but that has nothing to do with anything.
"Men aren't supposed to shave their legs!"

There is no reason to keep the hair if you, personally, don't like the way it looks on your body.
I find it to be messy and a little dirty looking so I'm slowly experimenting to remove it.

Why should any of us keep hair that we don't want to appease someone else's arbitrary preconceptions?
/rant

I feel so much better now that I don't even try to put up the "masculine, manly man" facade.
My family likes to poke fun at my surprised screams now. :D

Princess Chantal
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
It's sad that the tricks of the crossdressing trade (like hiding leg hair) is very rarely given as advice on a crossdressing forum. Only Josee offered a hiding the hair suggestion, hats off to you girl!!!

Cd.Nikki
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
same here hun, its driving me nuts, I have to wear shorts for most of the summer b/c of work so i cant shave my entire leg, i stop just above the knee so its undetectable lol
then i usually wear knee or thigh high stockings to hide the rest.

KandisTX
07-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Obviously your not married to my wife!! "She who must be obeyed!"

HEHE.. My wife has a coffee mug that says exactly that. :) Although, mine is quite accepting and supportive of my crossdressing.

Back to the OP. Most people in today's society really could care less if a man has hair on his legs or not. I tend to keep my legs shaved year round. Cyclists, Runners, Swimmers, Wrestlers, many in those sports remove all body hair so if you are into one of those sports, there's your excuse for shaving. :)

cheryl
07-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm in the same shoes, or at least was this year being the first I decided to keep my legs shaved after the warm up. I have not had one mention from anyone about it which in the past was always a great fear. I do wear shorts even at work and I'm around the type that would not let me live it down if they knew. But that is my experience. Just do what you feel and don't worry about others. It'll turn out fine.

nylon boy
07-14-2011, 05:22 AM
All things considered i know ill never get away with bald legs,im going to an event next week and will wear leggings,bring on the winter my favorite season and i never thought id say that lol!

JamieTG
07-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Nowadays smooth legs on a guy don't even raise an eyebrow in public. There are so many reasons guys want smooth skin. Unless you are going to be around family members a lot this summer I would shave them and enjoy it.

DebsUK
07-14-2011, 07:06 PM
I've been off dressing for months now, but starting to get the urge back I think. I need to start looking at opportuniteis to get out and of course shaving.

I use a clip-on attachment on my wife's shaver that's a bit like one of those comb attachments you get on the cippers in the barbers which shortemns the hair enough to get away with wearing tights but not enough that it's too obvious. Another thing that works wonder is fishnets or other lacy patterned hosiery. A pair of nude underneath will help as well

Carvery Carly
07-14-2011, 07:36 PM
For those of you who shave your legs, do you just shave your lower legs (from knee down) or do you shave complete leg (thighs) as well?
I used to shave lower legs but have recently started shaving my thighs as well.
What I did notice after I shaved my thighs was that after a few hours/next day, I started getting lots of little red spots on them.
I use moisturising cream after shaving my legs. My lower legs are fine, BTW.
I hope it's not in-growing hairs because, if it is then I may have to stop shaving thighs, which would look silly.

lynn_lynn
07-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Ima swimmer. No hair No resistance. Any questions? ..

suchacutie
07-14-2011, 10:32 PM
The answer might be simple: don't wear shorts in male mode! Ok, there is the swimming issue, but since I'm not much of a swimmer that doesn't affect me at all. The only time I show my legs is when they belong to Tina! :)

lynn_lynn
07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
sadly true, the swimmer excuse will not work for everyone.. Im lucky, I do have a pool.. Actually I tend to fur up in the winter. :D

donnatracey
07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
I've been shaving my legs for over a year now and not 1 person has said anything or even looked at me funny. And here in Texas, I wear shorts most of the year. Once you have that smooth feeling, you don't ever want to go back! Plus, my pedicurist appreciates my smooth legs when massaging them........:o:o

Maybe not being married helps.....:straightface:

sometimes_miss
07-15-2011, 05:36 AM
More and more straight guys are wearing capri-like pants. Maybe you could express your fem side by donning femmy capris and leaving your hairy shins exposed below them. A boat-neck top and you'll look like a French sailor. Vive le summer!

You must be living in an odd place. I go to Manhattan at least twice a week and haven't seen any men wearing capri pants or anything that looks like them, unless you count the really really long shorts that reach the knees (with the crotch that also almost reaches the knees, and worn so the top of the shorts barely covers the butt crack or genitals, and of course shows the guys underwear) which ghetto guys are wearing now, as opposed to the type where the leg part was about 6 inches long. Oh, and don't forget to wear the baseball cap backwards, and a shirt that reads XXXL on it even if it's really just an extra small.

donnatracey
07-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I agree...I have never seen any guys wearing Capris around here. Have a feeling that in Texas it would not go over that well.....besides, I like to show off my legs in shorts....

CynthiaD
07-15-2011, 04:38 PM
I shave everything from the ears down all year round.

Nobody cares.

CK

SweetIonis
07-16-2011, 02:32 PM
In the summer months shaving my legs is out of the question so going out as lexie cant be done and my girly feelings can not be satisfied as i only like to wear skirts this is really getting me down :sad:

Oh well, better to have loved and lost, than not to have loved at all!