PDA

View Full Version : Got the ball rolling at last.

Carvery Carly
07-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Happy News. :):)

My 1st appointment to see a therapist about my GD issues has come thru.
Will have to wait until 11th August though.
At least it's step closer to somewhere than where I was 3 years ago when I first mentioned my GD to my doctor.
Personal circumstances prevented me from following up discussing my feelings further.

I feel that now the time has come for me to follow this path and find out where it will lead me to.
I may be called selfish and a few other names for doing what I want to do, but I can't keep living a lie to myself.
It's more for me than anything else.

I'm guessing that's what others have felt too.

Much love,
Carly.

Melody Moore
07-12-2011, 03:30 AM
Hi Carly,

I seen a doctor at my local gender clinic the first time on the 12th of August 2010,
then I started hormone therapy a bit over a week later on the 20th of August 2010.

So it's now very close to being a full year now for me & it really doesn't seem like
that long ago. The change in me in that time are quite dramatic, especially how
I feel & where I am a now in my life. It was a huge leap of faith but I don't have
one single regret now except that I should have transitioned many years ago.

But at the end of the day the path I finally did chose was the right one for me.

Good luck & I hope it all goes well :hugs:

Kelsy
07-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Congrats Carly,

That's a bit of progress there! I am extremely happy that I took that first step Last November
It has done me a world of good. I expect your experience will be quite the same!

Hugs Kelsy

Inna
07-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Yey Carly, if being your self is selfish then be it, no regrets girl, for those who would want you be otherwise, they them selves are selfish and would want to keep you in the bondage of pain. Let it go, and find out for once who you really are, only then when in truth, love can fulfill your heart and happiness can dwell in your soul.

Amber99
07-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I felt really selfish when I first decided to transition but I soon realized that I'm just fighting for something that most people have and take for granted.

sandra-leigh
07-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I too feel selfish at times about all of this. My gender therapist and my general life therapist both pretty much tell me that I am not being selfish enough -- that even though both of them have described me as "stubborn". Sounds like a contradiction, I know, but persistent dragging of one's feet about asserting one's own needs can be a form of stubbornness.