PDA

View Full Version : CD Bonanza!

donnalee
07-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I did some grocery shopping this evening. The store was pretty crowded, but the interesting thing was how many sisters I saw; I counted 6 in the space of an hour; I spoke to a couple of them, as we were looking at the same items and had to manuever carts around the other shoppers; both times I was greeted in baritone to bass voices with male cadence & inflection, which I believe are much more important than pitch. I don't go out dressed except in some limited instances, so they, I think, didn't recognize me as a kindred spirit. They were mixed as to age, race and dress, some in skirts, some in pants and high heels (pretty imposing on someone who stands about 6' 6" to start with.
The wonderful thing was that nobody stared or pointed; I doubt they noticed and certainly didn't appear to. There were families with kids from 5 to 18; none of them reacted at all. Everyone just went about their business.
Although I have spotted other CDs in public, I've never seen more than 1 at a time; it must be something in the air. I felt like it was a holiday I had not been informed of; I'm STILL shaking my head. :daydreaming:

BLUE ORCHID
07-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Donnalee, Did you ever wonder how many sisters that you may have
come in contact with and didn't know that they were (SISTERS)???

Orchid

donnalee
07-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi Donnalee, Did you ever wonder how many sisters that you may have
come in contact with and didn't know that they were (SISTERS)???

OrchidI'm sure there were many; the unusual thing was they were all dressed and in the same location.

Sara Jessica
07-12-2011, 08:41 AM
You'd better make sure you didn't somehow cross over into another dimension or something. That many of our tribe in such a mundane place outside of a TG convention or gathering of some sort, it just doesn't happen in our world.

Karren H
07-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Hoss hanging around the Ponderosa in a dress just popped into my head...

Cynthia Anne
07-12-2011, 08:51 AM
i do beleive that it was a sign for you! Saying you need to get out more! DRESSED!!

demibra
07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Oh my! How fortunate for you to have a grocery store like that in your neighborhood. Wish it were in mine.

Alice Torn
07-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Were you dreaming? But, were they in jeans, or skirts?

Shayla99
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I've been surfing here a couple of weeks, and now I'm seeing CD's everywhere, or at least taking a second look at people, most of the time it;s just rather unattractive GG's, oh welll!! Still , it's making everyone seem questionable?!

Annie D
07-12-2011, 01:42 PM
That's amazing! I have been to some Tri-Ess meetings in Dallas when there were not six sisters in attendance. I am wondering in which part of the country you were shopping?

donnalee
07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
You'd better make sure you didn't somehow cross over into another dimension or something. That many of our tribe in such a mundane place outside of a TG convention or gathering of some sort, it just doesn't happen in our world.I think, perhaps, we're already there. I'm in SF Bay Area where people with alternate lifestyles tend to hold significant political power. Last election a TS candidate ran for a judgeship in Berkeley; I, of course, voted for her. I think she came in 2nd of 3 candidates (I'm sure someone here has better information and will no doubt share it).:battingeyelashes:

donnalee
07-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Were you dreaming? But, were they in jeans, or skirts?Both! :) Also all shapes, sizes and age.

donnalee
07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Hoss hanging around the Ponderosa in a dress just popped into my head... Close, but think shorter -MUCH shorter! :heehee:

Karren H
07-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Close, but think shorter -MUCH shorter! :heehee:

Hop Sing or Little Joe? :D

donnalee
07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Hop Sing or Little Joe? :D Closer to HS than LJ; HMS Pinafore?:battingeyelashes:

donnalee
07-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh my! How fortunate for you to have a grocery store like that in your neighborhood. Wish it were in mine. They appear to be expanding at a great pace, nearly Starbucks; look for one in your neighborhood soon. It was the first time I'd seen ANY CDs there and I'm there pretty often; I must have hit the jackpot. Next time I go, if I see a bunch of monkeys with typewriters, then I'll know I've definitely slipped over the line. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket while it lasts.http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Smilies/Big%20grin.gif

Chloe Renee
07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Well, I am glad to hear that we were making pressence. The only way to change the way people see us is to be out there. I ran into a sister the other day, well my wife is pretty sure it was a sister...