PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Cash

Jilmac
07-12-2011, 05:29 PM
You know many businesses keep a certain amount of cash available for everyday small expenses, right? They call the fund petty cash. I have a fund that I keep for all the things that aren't household expenses. I call it "pretty cash" because I use it for all my pretty clothes, wigs, accessories, makeup and all the other things I use to make myself pretty. How many of you girls keep a fund exclusively for pretty items?

midnightMelissa
07-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I have to say that while I don't keep a fund per se, I do do work that the payment for that work goes specifically to shopping. Same thing I guess just a different way around it.

Melissa

donnatracey
07-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Well, if I actually used cash all the time (which I don't, fortunately), I'd need a very big petty cash fund (picturing a huge suitcase of cash in my closet....:o). In fact, that would be a misnomer!......I prefer to call mine a "pretty credit fund".....:D

AmyGaleRT
07-13-2011, 02:33 AM
I did do that, once...I would save up a $20 or so from every paycheck, and, when the Christmas season came around, I would hit up malls for a hundred miles or so and bring home many pretty nightgowns. This was in the bad old days before Internet shopping, of course!

Cynthia Anne
07-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Oh yes pretty cash is nice! I once thought I had some, but quickly realized I had my hand in someones elses pocket!:drink::brolleyes:

Staci G
07-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Oh yes I'm in that group I have to set aside pretty cash cause if I don't my wife will spend it on dumb stuff like guy clothes for me ewwww

suchacutie
07-13-2011, 08:08 AM
We looked at this a different way. In our budget there is a line item for clothes for each of us (my wife and me) and since there are the same 24 hours in a day it made sense to me that my allotment now was split between my gendered selves. That might seem restrictive except that it seems more and more of what could be considered "Tina's clothes" are being used in both genders, i.e. panties, jeans, sweaters (they look like sweater vests, so why not?), and the heels I wear everyday as physical therapy for my back!

Since I maintain both genders it does get interesting to have to make a decision about which of my genders I'm buying new clothes for :)!

Karren H
07-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Ohh yeah!!! I have four $100 bills folded and tucked into the depths of my wallet just in case I find something pretty or see a new corset I can't live without.

Wendy W
07-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I have multiple accounts and cash put away outside of the budget for just that reason! It just doesn't support my need for buying pretty stuff, but also for satisfying other needs like an occasional bag of chocolates or upgrading a casual dinner to a really nice one!

WW

hotskirt
07-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Me and Karen must be simular. I also keep 4 $100 bills in my purse for those spurt or the moments shopping. Hope to see you this fall Jill.

anonymousinmaryland
07-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Karren: I just hope you don't lose it, OR that an honest person finds and returns ALL of it.

BillieJoEllen
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM
I too keep a fund going for girly shopping. Mostly its for winter shopping but I will raid it if I find something I like during the spring, winter or fall.

Cd.Nikki
07-13-2011, 05:49 PM
i totally keep a clothes fund going, i usually do 90% of my shopping in sep-oct after im done work for the season.

Debra Russell
07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
The other day my wife and I were shopping when I saw a pair of pink sandals that I had my eye on for a couple of weeks were still on the shelf , she said " go ahead and get 'em but I wanted to wait untill I could come back dressed. Well last night I was putting in some time on the tread mill thinking about the sandles and how they would look. I haven't been able to dress for over a month and was just looking for an excuse, when I was finished I looked around - my sons gf was asleep on the couch - daughter napping in her room - grandson on the phone in his room - son outside in a lounge chair and wife in the kitchen planning our vacation on the computer ...........sooo I went to our bedroom and got dressed,white slacks, pink, black and white zebra striped blouse,sandles and wig. I went out the bedroom door to the patio and into the kitchen. I came up behind my wife and asked " wanna go shopping with Debbie for something pretty" - No (she dosen't participate but accepts to a degree)and what are you wearing your good clothes for after being all sweaty! not why are you dressed or everyone is here or good lord have you lost your mind! -I towled off I said " do you think those pink sandals would look good with this "yes of course, and by the way this came for you (as she handed me a Macy's card) I put you on my account":eek: well thank you now I can buy something pretty!:love: -- "just remember I make the pretty payments":beatup: I chuckled and thats pretty good!:devil:

Sometimes the unexpected happens -- and it can be pretty nice Macy''s card = pretty cash