PDA

View Full Version : Trans-tourism?

Krista1985
07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
It's summer, the season of the Great American vacation. Epic shore bound traffic. Sun-burns and blown knees earned on a golf course. Hotel beds that smell of bleach and starch. And who could forget... 2 weeks paid leave! Woo-hoo!

Err wait, don't most developed nations get like, double that? Oh well. At any rate...

The beach has been done to death. I've golfed so many times, it's starting to feel like work. Ski vacations haven't been my thing since high-school. None of these will do, not this year. I'm looking for a more exciting option.

I've been toying with the idea of taking a girl vacation this year.

In researching options, I saw a few bed and breakfast set-ups that were catering to the CD community. They offered room and board, make-up and fashion services, shopping and dining out if you opted for it and of course a shop with all sorts of TG goodies. Some looked good, some looked not-so-good, but online it's incredibly hard to tell.

Has anyone ever stayed at such an establishment?

Any suggestions of good ones? Feel free to pm me any negative reviews, but I don't think it wise to post them openly on a forum where it's owner could be a member.

Any alternative suggestions for a TG heavy vacation?

Thanks for your help :)

KandisTX
07-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I believe there is a TG cruise at some point during the year up in Alaska that you might be interested in, a vacation where they EXPECT you to dress. :)

SuzanneBender
07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I love cruising and I think a TG cruise would be totally fab. I am putting it on my bucket list, but only if my sweetie would be willing to go with me.

Paula_56
07-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Design your own girl-cation there is always SCC

Cd.Nikki
07-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Ive been thinking about the same thing for this spetember/october after this busy season is over, im looking into maybe subletting a place in the gay district in amsterdam or maybe germany. Both places are very cd/ts friendly. Rio would be another option but its prob not nearly as safe.

VickysBFF
07-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Well, I don't know where in the USA you are or where you have been and want to go but if you want a vacation en femme I highly recommend San Francisco or anywhere in California for that matter. I've vacationed en femme in SF and had a great time with no issues or problems. Lots to see and do. Los Angeles, San Diego, pretty much any of the major cities in California are fairly safe and welcoming.

Melanie R
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM
We have three cd cruises planned for October and December. They are listed at www.pmpub.com.

Sheren Kelly
07-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I was wondering along the same lines recently.
Years ago there were certain Club Meds that were reported to be gay destinations. I wonder if that is still true or if they are some that are trans-friendly. My guess is that if your money is good, they will welcome you. Certainly San Fransisco or Key West should be friendly to transpeople.

Krista1985
07-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks ladies!

Great ideas and suggestions. Plus I'm a big-time cruise fan, so merging my interest in the sea and CD'ing seems like a winning combination. I've also never been to Fran Sanfisco, but have caught myself daydreaming about going to visit or relocating there. It's got a mythical reputation as a haven of tolerance and our community has a strong foothold in there too. I envy our sisters fortunate to live out there, I'm stuck on the 'over-crowded and filled with crime' coast :(

I feel silly asking,

Having been a member here for a few years, I thought I had learned the entire trans alphabet soup (GG, CD, TG, TV, TS, GID, you name it, I can identify it!) but I'm not familiar with, 'SCC.'

Please let me know what is means if you happen to know. Creating my own girl-cation sounds dreamy :daydreaming:

Thanks again for your replies!

Carla
07-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Hello Krista,

I too would love to vacation as Carla and cruises are always high on my list. We try and do one every other year. I'm sure my wife would go for it too. Another suggestion is that a few TG events are suitable as "vacations". I sense that you are on the east coast so you may want to check out Beauty and the Beach in Rehobeth Beach Delaware. The price is very resonable and includes all meals and tips. There are planned activities but no one is pressured to do any of them. Also the local community is VERY open to the TG community and shopping en femme is always a big hit with the participants. My wife and I are going! Hope to see you at the bar! YIPEE!!!

As for creating your own girl-cation.....I'm in. Sounds like a great idea (strength in numbers).

Sheren Kelly
07-13-2011, 07:46 PM
SCC = Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta.

It is one of the bigest (and growing ) TG conferences that usually runs from Thursday -Sunday. It is certainly worth attending at least once, particularly is you are new to the communityand need a shot of confidence.

Fab Karen
07-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Plenty of people in this country don't get 2 weeks paid leave.