PDA

View Full Version : mom

Samantha Thomson
07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
hello ladies i am debating if i should tell my mom im gay and a crossdresser need oppions and susgesting will help thanks

Karren H
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Just tell her your gay. My wife handled our son being gay way better than she did me being a crossdresser...

Vanessa Storrs
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Bet that she suspects it already. Have a nice chat with her.

Fab Karen
07-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Mothers often know, even if they deny it to themselves. Your life situation is a factor ( like it's a risk for people who are dependent on a parent(s) ) to consider. If you're close to begin with, it might be a good idea, provided she isn't one of those bible-thumpers

Debb
07-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I always post in these threads the following words: "I wish that I had told my mom about my transgenderedness."

My counsel? Don't let it get too late.

Alice Torn
07-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I am 57, never told any family, but, I think my parents and sister knew, because they were trying to get me to go to a shrink, at the time i was borrowing mom and sisters clothes. My mom would have been more accepting, but not my dad or brothers. Sister, maybe. If you two are real close, maybe you could talk about gays and cd, and get a hint from her first.

Barbara Dugan
07-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I've never tell my mother about it...I guess she knows or suspect something but I feel if I tell her she will worry about me and I really don't want give her grief.

Cynthia Anne
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM
You know your mother better than anyone! So consider how she will except it! I think telling a loved one is great if you know there attitude first on such matters!

Shari
07-13-2011, 05:30 AM
It's more about feelings than anything else.
Will doing so make you feel good? Will it make her feel bad?
It isn't just about you.
Think about that before letting it all out because when it's done, it's done. There's no going back once the words are spoken.

Samantha Thomson
07-13-2011, 08:22 AM
hello thanks girls for your oppions i talk to my sister about this last night and after a long talk w her i think it is thes bess not to tell her as my sis doesnt think she could handle i wear a skirt,nylons,heels,bra,blouse, lipstick eyeshadow mascarre eyeliner face powder purfume so i guess ill keep quiet im a women ok later

Jilmac
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
For most mothers, I believe their love is unconditional so that no matter what an offspring chooses (short of a felony conviction), mom will still be a loving and caring person. So go ahead and break it to her gently, you may be pleasantly surprised.

sometimes_miss
07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
All I can say is, tread carefully. Lots of times, we get so comfortable with who we are (especially when we are here in a protected environment, where nay sayers are often edited out) that we forget how much of the rest of the world thinks we are perverts. I for one, thought at least my family members would at least accept and tolerate me, especially seeing as I never behaved in any way other than as a normal guy when around them. That wasn't the case; my mother thinks I'm going to hell (and tells me this every time I see her, as well as castigating me for my crossdressing behavior, as well as always asking me if I'm sure I'm not gay), and my sister barely talks to me.
Don't let wishful thinking get in your way of reality. Think long and hard before coming out to anyone, and plan out what you will do if everything goes very, very wrong, and whether you can accept that if it happens. If you can't accept the worst that can happen, then it may be better to remain 'in the closet' to them. I wish I did.

suchacutie
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
I would add to the sentiment of treading carefully. I got an earring at age 49 and thought it would be no big deal. My father exploded and I never saw it coming!

Thus, my suggestion is to test the waters in some way before diving in the deep end.

tina

BillieJoEllen
07-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Although I had quite a few experiences when I was a youth of my mother actually helping me to put girl's clothes on (I had no desire to actually do that until much later in life) when she did discover me wearing sis's clothes one day she went ballistic. I could never figure that out.

Samantha Thomson
07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
well i think my mom knows before i move into my own apartment at her house she was cleaning and found my stach my skirts heels nylons bras blouses make-up etc even my coach purse that i love to carry when i go out my sis bought for me so probaly deep down she knows sa

Samantha Thomson
07-15-2011, 08:05 AM
thank you all for your oppions on this issue of telling my mom as i said my sisters think i should keep quiet that im gay and a crossdresser so i guess that the road im going to take but at least my sisters are suportive and do buy me clothes,make-up, jewerly etc ok later