PDA

View Full Version : my wife found a piece on ebay that I bought and said...

faltenrock
07-13-2011, 03:54 AM
My wife knows about my clothes, dressing and going out. Sometimes she investigates my buys on ebay and found my new skirt there. Usually she only give a short comment, showing her disgust about my habit.

This time she said:

"I saw your new skirt that you bought, don't you think you're too old for that?"

That was is, I said it makes me feel young

Marie-Elise
07-13-2011, 04:16 AM
You obviously have the legs for it judging from your avatar.

KrystalA
07-13-2011, 05:00 AM
That's a cute little skirt, and I agree that clothes like that make me feel younger, too. Fortunately for me, when my SO sees me in something like that, she says things like "Oh, you look so cute", so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Jenny Gurl
07-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Consider it progress, she didn't say you were the wrong gender for that.:heehee:

Karren H
07-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Wives are always right!! Grow up and buy some granny dresses! Lol. :)

Cynthia Anne
07-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Cute skirt! You will have better health if you stay young at heart!

kristinacd55
07-13-2011, 06:49 AM
That's funny, I bought a sundress that I eventually returned and wife said same thing......i think it's a cute skirt too :)

Veronika Backer
07-13-2011, 08:22 AM
I think my wife would have said the same! In my opinion it is a cute skirt too

Meg East
07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey it is Summer.
Being sixty, tall and leggy there is nothing wrong with short skirts.

Jilmac
07-13-2011, 10:02 AM
That is a gorgeous skirt, I hope it gives you a lot of pleasure each time you wear it.

Kate Lynn
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Wives are always right!! Grow up and buy some granny dresses! Lol. :)

And granny shoes,instead of using perfume,use Ben Gay ointment...LOL

suchacutie
07-13-2011, 02:04 PM
My wife bought me a black skirt about that length specifically to show off my legs. It's all in the perspective!

tina

sissystephanie
07-13-2011, 02:22 PM
I am 79! I have 2 skirts very much like the one pictured, and wear them often! My late wife had bought me one of them about 7 years ago, before she passed away! I bought the other one myself! You are only old if you think you are!! And yes, I do have good looking legs!!

Schatten Lupus
07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
You're only too old if you feel you are.

Gaby2
07-13-2011, 04:27 PM
That is one beautiful skirt!
Your SO's criticism is valid, as an opinion - bitchy women will be bitchy women!
But does she have to come down on you, her SO, like a ton of bricks?

It might just be a German thing, Doreen.
I don't really know... but it has always bothered the heck out of me that Germans
(and in particular the German women who I've been close too)
have an incredibly direct and damning way about them, when it comes to criticism.

I have been extremely careful with my present steady relationship.
I've made a great effort to incorporate her thinking into my opening up as a CDer.
It has worked reasonably well, so far - but there have been plenty of misunderstandings.

The very first time (about eight months ago, I think) I showed myself dressed,
she was horrified how not "age-appropriate" I looked and commented just like your SO.
But I was prepared for something like that,
and in comparison to what I had been used to... well it was nothing at all.
Indeed I think that the comment not only influenced me,
but perhaps her also - she is not so negative any more.

She hasn't become less honest -
she told me off in no small way for not standing up straight in my recent coffee/profile pics!
Her opinions are a goldmine for me,
although she doesn't really know where my CDing is taking her, not alone me.
Unlike your SO, she is understanding and mostly accepting though.

As she isn't confident enough with her English yet, she doesn't trust herself on a site like CDers.com - but she has been on a few German forums - and yesterday evening looked up the Two-Spirit Identity Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit_Identity_Theory) and told me all about it on the phone today.

So...
maybe your SO wants to provoke a confrontation or, better still, a conversation about your CDing and/or Cders in general and maybe her "disgust" isn't what you think it is.
It would be nice to think so.
I hope so.
:rose:Gaby
(Are you gonna post a pic of you wearing the skirt?:battingeyelashes:)

Annie D
07-13-2011, 04:57 PM
My wife said much of the same thing to me when I was wearing my favorite denim mini skirt to which I replied, "Oh, you think so? How about if I walk the dog around the neighborhood and see if the neighbors think that my skirt is too short?" Now I can wear anything I want around "inside" the house with no critical comments. It is always best to get a second opinion...LOL!

prettytoes
07-13-2011, 06:51 PM
I tend to dress as a girl 20 years younger than what I am. That is part of what makes me feel good. I like to not only feel feminine when I dress, but also young again. Part of why denim mini skirts and satin string bikini panties are my favorites! BTW, that is a very good looking skirt that you bought!

Babeba
07-13-2011, 09:58 PM
It's super, super cute! ...it's probably also aimed at the seven year old crowd, given all the girly little pinky flowers. I don't think she was trying to say that it was too short and that you couldn't pull it off that way... more like, you might look like a goofus on the roofus in it.

I say, rock it with thick black tights, a soft white knit vest, stripey plimsolls and a green mohair cardigan... preferably a nice wide black, elastic belt as well.