PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be Trans

Paula_56
07-13-2011, 06:28 AM
I have struggled with my gender issues since childhood and my story is no different than most. I have gone thru periods of wanting to be a woman, times when I was ashamed of being a cross dresser, times of total confusion and anxiety,

Nowadays I am happy and content to be trans, I love sharing my identity to those who want to listen. I don't mind being read, as a cross dresser.

I feel pride, when buying make-up, or clothes and outing myself to an SA.

It's a good feeling and I'm not going to over think it just share it

Have any of you experienced similar feelings?

Emily Ann Brown
07-13-2011, 08:04 AM
SURE!

I share all the time. I am who I am. I like educating the world. And then I have to go into hiding at work. :(

Em

Vicky_Scot
07-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Well I am who I am, and I can not change that. Reject it and live a miserable life or accept it and be you.

I chose to accept it.

wanagione
07-13-2011, 08:21 AM
I have to agree, I am who I am, it doesn't matter what I'm wearing I am Amy and she always comes though.

Michelle 2
07-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I feel exactly the way you do Paula.

Michelle

Sara Jessica
07-13-2011, 08:53 AM
As much of a pain in the neck this whole TG thing can be, it's all I know and I couldn't imagine trading it for anything else. I love my POV and adore being who I am. I guess you can say I've accepted myself.

suchacutie
07-13-2011, 09:00 AM
It took 55 years to get the genie out of the bottle, so she's certainly not going back in! It was such an amazing revelation about life that first time an SA in a shoe store, as I was trying on a pair of 4.5 inch clogs (in drab), asked, "are they for you?". That first time saying "yes" is incredible. Then shortly thereafter in a store just north of Chicago, as I was looking at a display of various heels, an SA asks, "can I help you", and again that, "yes". There really is no going back!

tina

Cynthia Anne
07-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Oh yes I take much pride in being me! For those in the world that don't like it can read my signature!

SuzanneBender
07-14-2011, 11:12 AM
It has taken years but I am not only proud of who I am and am satisfied with who I am. Its nice being a little of both worlds.

Lynn Marie
07-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Me too. Not going to spend any time at all over-thinking my life. Already did that!

I like me just the way I am, and I like me just fine.

Jocelyn Quivers
07-14-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm proud as well, I've shed several tears, and struggled with this my entire life. However I would not change or remove this part of me for anything. This is who I am no regrets.

Karren H
07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Yes I accept who I am.... I really don't have a choice.... I embrace it and move forward. But I just can't say I'm glad...

danielle40I
07-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Acceptance is still a struggle for me at times. Guilt, Fear and Social/religious Pressure have been things that I still face to one degree or another. No doubt, therapy/councelling are in my future. My greatest failure was not being understanding enough with a woman who lovingly embraced me only to walk away from me 6 yrs later. She took the picture which appears as my avatar. I learned too late how envelopping the "pink fog" can be. Sorry for the "downer" post...just hits me sometimes how I miss her so very much.

josee
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Paula (and anyone else) please elaborate, how did you go from embarrassment to pride? Many of us still struggle. What changed?

gender_blender
07-14-2011, 06:36 PM
I embraced being different since age 3 and never questioned myself, so I have a similar emotional path except for the uncertainty.

Staci G
07-14-2011, 06:39 PM
I accept it and I am starting to like it!!! I am over it now everyone else needs to be

Debglam
07-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Paula (and anyone else) please elaborate, how did you go from embarrassment to pride? Many of us still struggle. What changed?

I'll take a stab at this (and try to avoid writing a novel :) ):

How did I get from being ashamed to being proud of who I am???

I went back over the things I have accomplished in my life, the good things that I have done, etc.

Without bragging, I have done a lot of things I am very proud of. A lot of these accomplishments are traditionally very "macho" things.

As a person, I am kind, generous, and giving. I volunteer for a lot of different causes and community organizations. I have a wonderful family, friends, etc. I am liked and respected by a lot of people.

With the balance sheet in front of me I added the fact that I have, through no cause of my own, this feminine side that I need to express. Is anyone harmed by this? Does it make me a lesser person in any way? I don't think so.

After doing this "self assessment" I then looked at my friends, peers, etc. Again, I am not bragging in any way, shape, or form, but what do I have to be ashamed about? I am the equal or better of anyone else I know. Does this feminine side change the equation at all? Hell no!!! I think there are some pretty good arguments that having this side has made me a better person in fact.

Now for the people, known and unknown, that would hate me or ridicule me for being a crossdresser. Simply put, F*** 'em! I am a better man (person) in a dress than they are any day of the week! Their opinion means less than nothing so who cares!

None of us has anything to be ashamed of by this "gift" that god or biology or whatever gave us. If nothing else it has given us empathy for anyone struggling with a problem not of their making. A lot more in my opinion! If you are a good person, this is just another thing to put in your "plus" column.

That is not saying any of this stuff is easy but. . .

Be proud of who you are! :yippee:

Leslie Langford
07-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I love the spirit of defiance and self-affirmation expressed by all the posters here who have come to grips with their transgenderism and learned to embrace it, just as I have. It is the same spirit of ownership expressed in Lady Gaga's current hit (and gay anthem) "Born This Way", which to me says it all.

I don't know if any of you remember the character of Stuart Smalley created by comedian (and current U.S. Senator for Minnesota) Al Franken back in the 90's, when he was a writer and cast member of "Saturday Night Live". Stuart was a geeky guy who continuously struggled with self esteem issues and feelings of inadequacy, and which he deflected with his personal mantra of:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"

That actually became the title of a humorous and satirical book by the same name written by Al Franken on "Stuart's" behalf, and whose Dedication reads a follows:

"To myself, Stuart, whose experience I wouldn't trade for any other human being's (although I've had some pretty horrendous experiences), whose strength grows little by little, day by day, and who hopes this book will be a huge success!"

Although said in a tongue-in-cheek manner - except for the book reference, who among us transgendered folk can't relate to the essence of that statement and the self-affirmation it speaks to? :thumbsup::heehee:

joandher
07-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I am so proud to be who i am, and i have the best of both worlds male and female, and wouldnt change it for anything

Hugs J-JAY

Debglam
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I love the spirit of defiance and self-affirmation expressed by all the posters here who have come to grips with their transgenderism and learned to embrace it, just as I have. It is the same spirit of ownership expressed in Lady Gaga's current hit (and gay anthem) "Born This Way", which to me says it all.

I don't know if any of you remember the character of Stuart Smalley created by comedian (and current U.S. Senator for Minnesota) Al Franken back in the 90's, when he was a writer and cast member of "Saturday Night Live". Stuart was a geeky guy who continuously struggled with self esteem issues and feelings of inadequacy, and which he deflected with his personal mantra of:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"

LOL! Whenever I get up on my soapbox and start talking about being glad to be me, that damn Saturday Night Live skit runs through my mind!

Deb

Paula_56
07-18-2011, 07:52 PM
As a person, I am kind, generous, and giving. I volunteer for a lot of different causes and community organizations. I have a wonderful family, friends, etc. I am liked and respected by a lot of people.

With the balance sheet in front of me I added the fact that I have, through no cause of my own, this feminine side that I need to express. Is anyone harmed by this? Does it make me a lesser person in any way? I don't think so.

After doing this "self assessment" I then looked at my friends, peers, etc. Again, I am not bragging in any way, shape, or form, but what do I have to be ashamed about? :

Read what she said above Josee, This is the same conclusion I came only after 6 months of therapy

BLUE ORCHID
07-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Paula, My life is like a poker card game I just play the hand I was delt.

Orchid

gender_blender
07-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Yes! Always be proud to be yourself.