PDA

View Full Version : A new Appreciation

Joanna41
07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Since meeting my now fiance I have a new appreciation for what gg's go through on pretty much a daily basis. I have let my nails grow long naturally so I don't need to have fake ones and some time ago I broke one and I tell you what, I let out the biggest F bomb. Thankfully I was home when I said it...afterwards I looked and pondered at the broken nail and I just started laughing. I thought to myself so this is why women get upset at breaking a nail. I used to say to those women who broke their nails..."so what, it will grow back". Joke was on me now because I had spent weeks pampering mine, shaping them, painting them, and then bam....broken...UGGHHH. So with that experience I found myself being more appreciative to women in general who take the time to look their best.
Now I also find myself taking hours to get dressed up to go somewhere and thinking back to the days it would take 10 minutes in man mode and wondered why it always took my date an hour or more...well now I know...lol. I put myself into their shoes (literally). Its been an amazing experience to have shared all this with my beautiful fiance who has supported me and encouraged me...anyone else have a story of appreciation?

Cynthia Anne
07-13-2011, 01:34 PM
That story is kinda sad and funny! Life is full of lessions! It's funny what you can learn from a broken nail or a loss ear ring! Thanks for sharing!

Eryn
07-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I've experienced a number of those "revelations." I always seem to damage my nails when I'm doing "masculine" chores. It's like my guy side is sabotaging my femme side. :(

Oh, gap filling super glue and accelerator work pretty well in fixing partially broken nails. Put a coat on the nail around the crack and then add a drop of accelerator to harden it instantly. If you want it to look clear dip the repaired nail into nail polish remover for 10 seconds or so and let dry.

Karren H
07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Not really. But I'm sure that women have the same kind of appreciation for the hard work it takes to be a modern man too!! Not just anyone can look and dress that poorly and make those kind of bodily function noises and make it look so natural and easy?? If I were a woman I'd sure be in awe!!

suchacutie
07-13-2011, 02:55 PM
It is absolutely the case that since we identified Tina and helped her have a life of her own that conversations with my wife about being feminine and growing up as a girl have been an absolute revelation! Also, it's not just the fact that she and I now talk about all the "girly" things that affect her life (and we do!) but the comparisons about growing up as a boy and existing as a man have added some remarkable comparisons to how we both exist in the world.

It really is terrific to exist in both genders!!!

renee k
07-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Just the other day I was talking to my GG friend Mary, who has mentored me through all of this for the past nineteen years. About the changes HRT has made to my body. When I mentioned how sensitive my nipples were. She smiled and laughed in agreement, along with having a hard time keeping weight off. She mentioned, she noticed how much softer my skin was, along with the loss of the male pattern body hair.(She's been waxing my back and other areas for a long time.) The smile and laugh was a welcome to being a woman acknowledgement.

Renee

Joanna41
08-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Thank you for all that posted a reply. I appreciate you sharing your stories too!

Joanna