PDA

View Full Version : Almost outed by my telelphone...

Cristi
07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
So I'm here at home today, spending time doing some yardwork and catching up on other things. I've spent the last 4 days pretty much fully dressed to the point that I'm not really even aware of being in a dress and strapy sandals now until something draws my attention to it.

Just a short while ago, I got a phone call from a friend. After talking for a few minutes, he asked me 'What IS that sound??' It took me a few seconds to figure out what he was asking about. It turns out that while talking to him my long dangling earrings were brushing against the phone, making a loud noise on his end. I said something quickly about static on the line... don't know if he believed me or not! The next time the phone rings, I'll have to make sure I use put the phone on speaker OR take the earring out in my 'phone' ear!

Now that I think of it, I do remember seeing women take out an earring if they are going to be on the phone for anymore than a few seconds...

Eryn
07-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Well, I have a feeling that if your friend were to make of list of possible sources of that sound, "he's wearing a dangly earring" wouldn't be on the list!

Cynthia Anne
07-14-2011, 01:49 PM
That's cute! I just love to hear my dang dangleing earrings go dingleing!

Karren H
07-14-2011, 01:50 PM
With our Verizon phone service just everyone I talk to must be wearing dangly earrings!!

Inna
07-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Don't remove the earrings, just the next time you talk to him say "probably ecstatic on the line"

Lissa Stevens
07-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Lol, Karren. I know exactly what you mean. Verizon phone service is a joke but when you live in rural areas you don't have much choice. Has yours switched to Frontier yet?

lynn_lynn
07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Ive so been there.. Whats that Noise? What noise, sounds like metal hahhhh .. Opps.. :D

ronny0
07-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Another item to think about, the noise heals make while walking about....
I had a GG friend that would notice the noise when I walked about while on the phone......

Momarie
07-18-2011, 05:58 PM
My Mom used to take off her clip earring while she was on the phone, as did most women in the era before pierced ears.

Annaliese2010
07-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Well, I have a feeling that if your friend were to make of list of possible sources of that sound, "he's wearing a dangly earring" wouldn't be on the list!
Thats exactly what i was thinking too but tis human nature to worry i spoze...fact is..not just in this kind of situation but in a very generalized sense, what one worries about, whatever.. what EVer.. whatever.. it never comes about, was remote to begin with and even if it did the outcome is never as tragic as one believed it would be. Fact is...we live in a very safe boring world where everything's so predictable. Yesterdays news is fast forgot. Todays outrage is tomorrows toy...on and on the spinning wheel spins. But Cristi, i KNOW id have reacted the same way lol. Or..maybe not..idk maybe im simply jaded??? Well....i do Like jade but more partial to London Blue Topaz! Ooooh lala.... (LOL...sorry...) ;)

BLUE ORCHID
07-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Cristi, Guilty as charged been there and done that.

Orchid

ninapuella
07-18-2011, 08:49 PM
You should tell him that it was NOT earrings! :bonk:

Maria 60
07-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I had a GG friend that would notice the noise when I walked about while on the phone......

I know what you mean, when i talk on the phone i always pace. I was talking to a friend and he knew my wife was away for the weekend and he asked me if i had a girl over because he herd women's heels. I said no and till today he still believes i had a girl over and even told him i was wearing heels and he laughs at me.

donnatracey
07-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Wow, you must have great phone reception and/or no carpet in your house!......:eek:

Stacy L
07-18-2011, 11:07 PM

A good reply would have been, What Noise?

I don't hear any noise, must be on your end.

Loretta
07-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Him: What was that sound just now?
You: Static! It definitely wasn't earrings, if that's what you were thinking!
Him: I... Wasn't even thinking that. Do you have something that you want to tell me?
You: I'M NOT WEARING WOMEN'S CLOTHING!
Him: Uh.... I... Have to go now. *Click*
You (thinking): Whew! He didn't suspect a thing.

But I agree with eryn, Earrings were probably the last thing on his mind. It almost sounds like you wanted him to know.

Chickhe
07-19-2011, 01:13 AM
...well, I hope you didn't stop making the noise after he asked about it because that would be a dead giveaway that you were doing it...

Suzy Parker
07-19-2011, 01:30 AM
The bad thing when the phone rings when I am dressed in all of my nice clothes, my heart is already racing and I always sound out of breath. On second thought, maybe it's jsut my monster super sucker girdle that I always wear.

A good response: "I think it's my phone, it just seems to do that a lot, must have dropped it one to many times, i've been told there is no way to fix it so I just have to live with it."

Annie D
07-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Unless you wear clip ons, your friend has probably noticed the holes in your ear lobes; simply say, "Oh sorry. I forgot to take my earring out, I put a hoop in today and forgot to take it out when the phone rang." End of story.

Or, you could follow up with, "I've been outside doing some yard work. Can you hear the breeze blowing thru my sundress? I feels delightful!" LOL!

t-girlxsophie
07-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Theres a few noises that can possibly give you away over the phone,no matter how far fetched it would seem that you would get busted.Bracelets jangling or heels on Laminate flooring come to mind,for instance when I phone my Son I tend to be on my feet a lot,I think heels clicking makes a Distinctive sound so Im wary

Sophie

ReneeTX
07-20-2011, 10:46 PM

This happened to me!! I don't even remember what excuse I gave, I was so terrified that I'd outed myself.

ReneeTX

Suzy Parker
07-22-2011, 10:18 PM
OMG, I just remembered I was almost outed by the phone recorder once. I ordered a pair of White 4" ankle strap pumps and they called and said "Hi we recieved your order for the White 4" ankle strap pumps in size 11 but we are currently out of stock, we have black or red in your size in stock if you would like those, please call us and let us know. My son hit the play button and my wife was standing there, by the time I figureed out what it was I hit the stop button and delete as fast and non chalantly as I could. I just siad I was trying to order something for her and it was a suprise. Cell Phone People, never give out your home phone number unless you live alone or are already out.

Dang with a Duoble-DD

Cristi
07-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Unless you wear clip ons, your friend has probably noticed the holes in your ear lobes; simply say, "Oh sorry. I forgot to take my earring out, I put a hoop in today and forgot to take it out when the phone rang." End of story.

Ya know, I never thought of that. I DO have pierced ears and wear something in them all the time. The only difference was that on this call I had huge dangling earrings in. But instead of reaching for the 'panic' answer, I should have said 'oh yeah, hold on a sec my earring makes a racket when it hits the phone' and taken it out. I wouldn't have had to tell him that it was a DIFFERENT earring than I normally wear in drab mode...

Next time.

Tara D. Rose
07-25-2011, 09:33 PM
My heels have made that sound while on the phone and walking across a hardwood floor. The I had to tip toe till I got to the carpet. It's even very hard for me to use my male voice when answering the phone while I'm Tara

Sarasometimes
07-25-2011, 09:34 PM
This advice is reallyy important if you are skyping!!! I guess the wig and red lipstick should also be removed..... I once forgot to remove the necklace I was wearing but noticed it just before reaching my home, wew!

Cristi
07-25-2011, 10:01 PM
This advice is really important if you are skyping!!!

Yes! I now have an iPhone with 'facetime', basically video calling. There have been a few times already that I've gotten calls with requests for 'facetime' video connections, but thankfully you can refuse the video part and just take it as a regular call.

When people have brought it up, "Why didn't you allow the video..." I've just told them that I was in the middle of changing, or shaving... or just joked that the house was a mess and I didn't want them to see it in the background!

I have accepted 'facetime' calls a few times when I've had a skirt on, as long as my top was a man's and I didn't have makeup on. I just have to be careful where I point the camera!

Rosemary Jane
08-18-2011, 11:19 PM
I was talking to a GG friend on the phone and paced around the floor while talking (in heels of course). To my surprise, my GG friend who knows Rosemary Jane) started to critique my walking by telling me that I was walking incorrectly with the heels and proceded to give me a walking lesson over the phone. Who Knew!!!!

Kittyagain
08-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Yap, earrings and shoe clops my wife as noted those sounds while talking on the phone. She suggested more flats. My feet were happy about that.

Kitty