PDA

View Full Version : Told my doctor today

Cristi
07-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I wasn't really planning on it, though I'd considered it a few times. The deciding factor what that I went to him to have him look at something on my skin that wasn't going away.

After examining me, he told me that it could have been caused by an irritation and slight infection in that area. While trying to figure out what may have caused it and why it wasn't going away on its own, I decided to clear the air. The area in question was right in the center of my chest where the band of my favorite sports bra (which is a bit on the tight side) sits, and it had irritated the skin and probably trapped a lot of moisture as I exercise.

Well, to his credit he didn't blink an eye. He advised me to stop wearing a bra for a few days to see if the condition started going away :brolleyes: and if it did try to find a bra that didn't irritate my skin as much at that point.

So I guess I'll be in a camisole for a while until I see what happens :heehee: AND I don't have to worry as much about what he may or may not notice the next time I go see him.

suzy1
07-14-2011, 03:04 PM
He is a professional, a doctor. And he has seen it all.
All he is interested in is your health not your life style.
Where would we be without them?

SUZY

Cristi
07-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Suzy, I agree 100%

The ONLY real concern I had (have?) is that it will probably make it into the notes in my file and I'm a very distrusting person when it comes to the difference between how things SHOULD work and how they actually do work. (medical records privacy? Insurance companies? Other workers in the office?) But the older I get, the less I worry about 'who knows'.

joannemarie barker
07-14-2011, 03:12 PM
telling my doctor wouldn't work for me,I never get to see the same one twice :/
well done for being brave enough to share with yours though :)

suzy1
07-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I really don’t think you have to worry about that.
They are a very professional lot. Yes you are likely to get the odd one on here that will give you a horror story. But don’t worry.
I have a very close friend that’s a doctor and they are O.K.
You are safe.