PDA

View Full Version : Airports

ReneeT
07-14-2011, 08:56 PM
What airports have you been thru en femme? What was the good an the bad? What is your favorite? Least favorite? Why? Kimberly, i am expecting a loooonnnnggg list!

I'll start it out:
Charlotte ( here now, bored, having a glass of wine at Chilis - again!)
Chattanooga
Atlanta
Memphis
NW Arkansas
SFO
seaTac
Las Vegas
Reagan Nat
Dulles
Newark
Bradley Intl (Hartford)
Denver
Melbourne, FL

I think my favorite is Charlotte. I just like the way it is layed out -no trams. I think the rocking chairs are neat. My least favorite is Atlanta. It sucks any way you slice it. For you gals who are thinking about flying en femme but are worried about TSA, etc, put your mind at ease. The skies are friendly for T girls. justthe usual TSA bs that effects everyone. Take today for example. I flew out of Bradley in CT this afternoon and forgot that i had my perfume in my carryon. They pulled my bag out of xray, went thru everything, confirmed it was my perfume they saw,and then made me go back to check in, get a baggy, get back in the security line, go back thru xray, all because it was "policy". I actually called over the supervisor to explain the logic, and 4 of us "discussed" the situation for a good 5 minutes. Guess who lost the argument? Yep, the tranny in the short skirt! No big deal, i had lots of time and it was very civil. We chatted cordially onmy next time thru! Taxpayer dollars at work!

Adriennegrl
07-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Wow, I admire you girls who go out much less fly. I would LOVE to do that someday. I can imagine taking off my heels and putting them into the bins :)

Adriennegrl
07-14-2011, 09:04 PM
By the way, another thing I wonder about, what have been some of the reactions of the people you sit next to on the plane itself?

ReneeT
07-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Reactions? Bored indifference, engaged conversation, everything in between. People seem to quickly get past the veneer of your appearance and treat you as a person. Disclaimer: this is my experience only. Your mileage may vary

DeeInGeorgia
07-14-2011, 10:15 PM
3 weeks ago, Atlanta was no longer handing out plastic bags in case you forgot yours.

DeeInGeorgia
07-14-2011, 10:21 PM
LAX terminal 5
Atlanta
Newport News VA airport
Newark
Denver
Plus the Cruise Ship Terminal an New York City
Cruise ship Terminal St Johns Newfoundland
Cruise ship terminal HHalifax Nova Scotia

TxKimberly
07-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Hah! It would take me too long to compile the list so I'll just leave it at "a LOT of them." At some point they all start to blur together to the point where I really cant recall what was one airport and what was another.
You mention two airports that I spend a LOT of time in though, and those I know quite well - Atlanta and Charlotte. I agree with you that Charlotte is over all a nicer airport. The only things I like better about Atlanta are
1- They have the Delta Sky Club lounges there
2 - Most restrooms through out the terminal have the "Family / Special Needs" restrooms so there are a lot more options for me when it comes time to take care of that kind of business. LOL

AllieSF
07-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Here is my long list:

Oakland
Las Vegas

Las Vegas
Oakland

I like the smaller airports especially when they are new or renovated. I have had the full thorough pat down when my Flexee waist cincher set of the first walk through scanner. On the way back I had a new TSA agent at check in who didn't know what to do when I definitely did not look like my drivers license. She called over a more senior but still very young agent who told her to let me enter. I second what Renee said about who you sit next to. I talked to them all.

Kathi Lake
07-14-2011, 11:19 PM
So far, I'm a member of the "one-timer" club. Salt Lake to Vegas. That's it. If I had flown back dressed as was my plan, I would have been seriously caught by a co-worker.

Kathi

Starling
07-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Renee, I bet you can't wait to pass through DFW. Do you travel with roller skates?

:daydreaming: Lallie

sara.s
07-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Is it always the females who do the pat downs?

AllieSF
07-15-2011, 01:39 AM
They called a female TSA agent to do my pat down in the Oakland, CA, airport, and I think that you can request one of the same gender that you are presenting.

TxKimberly
07-15-2011, 04:54 PM
. . . I think that you can request one of the same gender that you are presenting.

By default they will assign someone of the gender you are presenting as. If you are presenting as female they will assign a female to you. You may request a male if you are more comfortable with that.

Cathypb
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm with Kimberly on this one, too many to list as I fly 3-4 days/week on average.

My usuals are:
HNL
LAX
SFO
DEN
ORD
IAD and occaissionally (if get really lucky):
SYD
KOA
OGG

Funny y'all should mention Charlotte, last week I get the biggest patdown and harrassment in a long time. Might have been the 100 Deg temp or the broken down scanner, or that I was not in my uniform. The others don't even rate on my "bother" scale.

Sissy_Jenny28
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Actually I had an awesome experience flying from LGA to FLL. Delta terminal. Really friendly. I wasn't over done. Girl jeans, knee high boots, military style express shirt and belt. Nobody said anything. In fact a guy bought me a drink on the plane :).