PDA

View Full Version : Hormones

sarac
07-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I was wondering if any of you girls have started on hormones or have been thinking to start. And if you are on them how has it been for you and if you have a SO.
Thanks Sarac

joannemarie barker
07-15-2011, 12:19 PM
not me I have no plans to transition :)
no so either,mr right are you out theeeeeeere :D

Karren H
07-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Me neither!! I'm certified grade A... hormone free! :)

sandra-leigh
07-15-2011, 12:34 PM
You will find a bunch of stories and debates about HRT in the Body Issues section; stories also tend to crop up in the Transsexual section.

crystalann
07-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Well yes I am, and been on them 3 years now.......:)

Andrea85
07-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Been on them for 2 and a half years now, and best decision of my life.

Kerigirl2009
07-15-2011, 01:34 PM
I have thought about it a lot (pretty much everyday) I am pretty sure my wife would object though. But Still thinking

renee k
07-15-2011, 01:41 PM
I've been on them since feb. of this year. Liking the results so far, and I don't have a SO.

Renee

StaceyJane
07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I started HRT back in Jan and I feel great.
Yes, I am married.

Inna
07-15-2011, 02:07 PM
My SO became just O and not S, I am on HRT past 5 months, acute changes in psyche and body, profound change, clarity and resolve, however emotionally highest highs and lowest lows I can imagine. If the world would have ended today I would have gone away fulfilled and without regret, the only regret would have been not to start. But I am a girl, and not a boy just looked like one :)

CharleneT
07-15-2011, 02:39 PM
HRT = yes, 24 months

SO = sorry, not right now, but I am dating....

A small suggestion, this is the Transexual forum, many different types of folks here, mostly MTF or FTM Transexuals. Asking the "girls" is kinda confusing as to who you mean. As well, some might take it wrongly.

Katesback
07-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeppers. I have been taking them for ten years now. I buy the herbal ones from the crossdresser stores after ten years I can see my boobs growing. LOL. I feel so much like a woman now. LOL.

lynn_lynn
07-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I take hormone , yes. but not for transition reasons, Mostly for health reasons. but should I get some girly side effects. Ill be very comfortable with them.. :D

Alexiz
07-15-2011, 04:02 PM
I've been wanting to start, but I have some financial issues that needs some backing up, first. I'm really looking forward to it, though!

I don't have a SO.

dilane
07-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Me neither!! I'm certified grade A... hormone free! :)

Me too, plus I'm Range Fed!

I've taken them in the past though. It smooths out the skin texture, you get some development upstairs, and things south of the border don't work so well ...

One friend was on hormones for a few years, and then met his soulmate, got married, stopped taking, and tried to have kids. Turns out he was rendered sterile by the years of hormone use.

Aprilrain
07-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I never realized how many CDers were lurking around here! Yes I have been on hormones my whole life! only problem was they were the wrong ones. so 6 months ago I got the right ones. "Hormones" aren't just hormones its usually a mix of anti androgen to lower testosterone, estradiol which is the primary feminizing hormone and optionally progesterone. also there are conjugated equine estrogens which is a bunch of estrogenic compounds derived from pregnant mares urine. Anyway I personally love the mental and emotional benefits the most. and the rather subtle physical changes are quite welcome as well. I would not take Hormones until you have had some therapy. I was dieing to take them but waited until my therapist was willing to write a letter for them as I wanted to follow the guide lines.

Kate: I don't usually say anything about your post even when i don't agree but now i feel you have gone to far what is the point of being a smart ass? The OPs questions are legitimate.

Dilane: I'm wondering how your friends soulmate is going to feel when he realizes that the GID hasn't gone away and wants to transition again! Who takes hormones with out knowing that they make you sterile? which begs the question was your friend under the care of a therapist and doctor? The fact that they make you sterile was bonus as far as I was concerned.

dilane
07-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Dilane: I'm wondering how your friends soulmate is going to feel when he realizes that the GID hasn't gone away and wants to transition again! Who takes hormones with out knowing that they make you sterile? which begs the question was your friend under the care of a therapist and doctor? The fact that they make you sterile was bonus as far as I was concerned.

It was fully known before they got married, and "M" never transitioned, but was en femme and out and about a lot outside of work, and passed very well. They've vacationed as two women, so the wife is cool with it. Yes, "M" was under a doctor's care.

When I started taking a blocker and estradiol under a doctor's care, I don't recall being told that permanent sterility was a possible side effect, and I don't hear it discussed in the many hormone threads here (which is why I always bring it up!).

Estrogen can have irreversable effects, which is discouraging for the "try before you buy" crowd, and the non-transitioner types who just want to improve their femme passing percentage. (and that isn't a football statistic!)

-- Diane

Rianna Humble
07-15-2011, 05:35 PM
I was wondering if any of you girls have started on hormones or have been thinking to start. And if you are on them how has it been for you and if you have a SO.

I am still waiting (boo, hiss!) to be prescribed hormones, so I can't say what it is like to be taking them. I don't have an SO - I would rather wait until I am whole before looking for miss right.

Forgive me for asking, but why the question? Do you identify as TS? Or are you just wondering about experimenting?

BTW, please just ignore our resident grinch - she thinks she is so far above everyone on this forum that we should feel honoured when she comes to insult us or to post the sort of drivel she did in this thread.

Bree-asaurus
07-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I've been on hormones for 13 months now. They've made me feel more at peace with myself, and the physical changes have been awesome for me. I have a serious bf, but he wouldn't have any issues with the hormones since he's on some himself :P

Aprilrain
07-15-2011, 06:10 PM
It was fully known before they got married, and "M" never transitioned, but was en femme and out and about a lot outside of work, and passed very well. They've vacationed as two women, so the wife is cool with it. Yes, "M" was under a doctor's care.

When I started taking a blocker and estradiol under a doctor's care, I don't recall being told that permanent sterility was a possible side effect, and I don't hear it discussed in the many hormone threads here (which is why I always bring it up!).

Estrogen can have irreversable effects, which is discouraging for the "try before you buy" crowd, and the non-transitioner types who just want to improve their femme passing percentage. (and that isn't a football statistic!)

-- Diane

HHHMMM interesting friend? I wonder how many CDers try hormones so they can pass better?

I did a lot of research on the web before I started taking hormones. Most of the information I gathered form medical websites and some from TS sites. I posted a similar question here probably 9 or ten months ago. i wanted lots of information before I went on medication that I knew would have life altering effects. I can't tell you how happy I was when I read that they made you sterile! I already have enough kids thank you!

estrogen indeed has irreversible effects however it does take some time to reach that cut off point. I think the "Try before you buy crowed" has a few months to decide If they like the mental and emotional changes. Personally I was more interested in the internal changes and knew that the physical changes would A. take a long time and B. were a crap shoot at best for someone my age. So far Im pretty pleased with the breast growth I have had but this may be it! I'm likely to need breast augmentation down the road and hormones do nothing to change your genitals other than making them useless lol.

As a side note that really scared me not being able to use my genitals for sex anymore but ultimately I had to weigh the losses of my given body with the gains of making these pretty drastic changes and came to the conclusion that for me I was willing to take that risk to be the woman I feel I should be.

Kelsy
07-15-2011, 07:04 PM
I started on March 12th - Just sayin'

jaqueline1
07-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't have an SO but i have been thinking about going on hormones

Bree-asaurus
07-15-2011, 08:06 PM
As a side note that really scared me not being able to use my genitals for sex anymore but ultimately I had to weigh the losses of my given body with the gains of making these pretty drastic changes and came to the conclusion that for me I was willing to take that risk to be the woman I feel I should be.

I was totally cool with losing that functionality. But it didn't quite go the way I had thought. For 8 months on HRT, I had a hard time getting the little "guy" to work, and sperm production was non-existant. This is what I expected. Then when I met my boyfriend, things started to work again... it became surprisingly functional, but only when I was turned on. It's even more functional than before HRT... when I had girlfriends and boyfriends and I had a hard time getting things working when the time came. This is great, because those parts are basically dead most of the time, but we can still use them until they get the ol' heave-ho. Of course, I'm still completely infertile... which is something I WAS cool with, because I figured that whatever guy I was with would provide the sperm. However, I ended up with an FTM and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't go the sperm-bank route. Sorry for going off topic on your side-note :P

Amber99
07-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Four months going on five and I am feeling sooo much better. Just waiting for my body to catch up with me lol.

Whats an SO? :3

Zenith
07-15-2011, 08:33 PM
...Whats an SO? :3

Significant Other.......

Amber99
07-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh of course. Yeah don't have one of those.

Jorja
07-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh of course. Yeah don't have one of those.

Do you want one? I can package up my roomie and send her to you. :D

Hope
07-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I have been on HRT for about 4 months, In fact when I think about it i think it is 4 months today. There have been definite physical changes, but it is early and they are all somewhat limited - though some of them are much greater than other girls have reported after much longer on HRT - so I consider myself lucky. There are definite mental changes as well. No doubt about it.

So far I can safely say that this has been the best decision of my life and I can't imagine what it would take for me to be willing to go back. I'm really not sure it is possible to get me to agree to going back.

I am married, and I am staying married. My wife and I close on a new house on our 13th wedding anniversary. She is my best friend and my biggest cheerleader.

Amber99
07-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Do you want one? I can package up my roomie and send her to you. :D

Sure I do, go for it!

pradaarmani
07-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Hormones for a year now. Everything is going fine.

Julia_in_Pa
07-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Hello!

I've been on hormone therapy for over 10 years now and it wasn't a decision of whether or not to start but something that I desperately needed in which to continue living.
Not for one day have I ever regretted doing something that was so life giving to me.

Julia

Jessica_Grl
07-27-2011, 08:34 PM
HRT = <3

however i do recomend LOTS and LOTS of reasearch on the drugs prescribed - even if your not prescribed them, I AM NOT SAYING GET THEM ON YOUR OWN - just do lots of checks to see what injections, patches, pills do and dont do so that when you decide to tell your doctor about HRT - then you have a idea of how you want to administer them.

LOTS and LOTS of research --- i am not on HRT right now cause of my blood pressure, but my SO is supportive 100 --- er --- 120% :)

*** edit note -- depending on your doctor, and depending on your research, you will prolly even be able to teach your doctor a few new things ---- besides, its always good to research from many sites, (EVEN DR. GOOGLE) and get many ideas of reactions and side effects to ANY drug, even vitamin C can be deadly if you find out later your allergic to it, -- i just saying "know what your putting in your body" :)

Jessica

natasha
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes to hormones, and my only regret is not starting them sooner. Very proud to say (and extremely lucky) that I have an accepting wife.

Jinny M
07-27-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm going on 5 months of my HRT , I'm Married to a Very Loving and Very , Very Supportive Wife .

Sarah Welch
07-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Been on them for just shy of 1 year, and the changes are remarkable an oh so wonderful. Also blissfully single.