PDA

View Full Version : Spa day in Las Vegas

michelleddg
07-16-2011, 02:25 PM
After tons of internet research I landed on Stevee Danielle Hair and Makeup for my Las Vegas spa day. They're located south of the airport, so you'll need a car if your staying on the strip, but you'll get neighborhood service and prices for your troubles.

I started with a $30 gel pedicure which was incredible. My nasty toenails now look yummy :battingeyelashes: Then, their standard bridal package, hair and air brush makeup for $160 (includes lashes). We looked through some magazines before picking out a curly do which Chelsea was able to recreate effectively. I can see the air brush makeup for gg's but we all might be just a well served by the conventional stuff. They couldn't do French tips, so I went to Glamour Nails across the street; $20 and half an hour later and my look was done. If I didn't pass at Glamour Nails the tech never let on. She might be in for a surprise when I go back to have the nails removed in drab.

Walked through the malls and asked for a critique at the MAC the Forum Shops, where they said I looked natural, looked good. Then downtown for roaming Freemont Street, dinner, and two shows, a magic/comedy act and the 3rd night of the newly revived Evening at La Cage. The La Cage MC mingled with the crowd during the show, and actually ended up chatting with the woman next to me. "Are you with the woman next to you...no, your with the guy on the other side." Wow, he was referring to me! Glad he didn't stick the mike in my face, don't think I would have coped to well with that :eek:

Finished with a beer at the main bar in the lobby of the Luxor. Changed from flip flops to heels and pantyhose for that, making me 6'3" in non-blending attire, but couldn't resist.

Everybody - everybody! - treated me well and with respect throughout, just another one of the girls. Lovely, lovely, day.

Hugs, Michelle

Cynthia Anne
07-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Girl, what a beautiful day that must of been! Glad you enjoyed it so much! Hugs!

PretzelGirl
07-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Sounds like a completely memorable time Michelle! Fremont Street is fun dressed. You can go through there and mingle with everyone and it is all good.

UNDERDRESSER
07-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Sounds like a great time, but nobody else has said it yet........

This Thread Is Useless Without Pics!!

Well, not really, but pics would be great!

michelleddg
07-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks, UD, I agree 100%. However,

I've tried to figure out how to post photos and failed. Please treat this as a plea for assistance.

The photos I've taken directly refute my personalized notion that I'm the second coming of Marilyn Monroe.
Ah well...Happy to post anyway. Hugs, Michelle

michelleddg
07-17-2011, 11:10 PM
OK, here's Spa Day II -

I walked in at Hair Skin Nails on Charleston west of town near Red Rock Canyon. Rachel did an A+ job on
my hair for $30. Woah, rollin'...

Got dolled up and headed over to Bare Essentials in the Fashion Mall for a makeover. Trine described how she
was part of a team that did 45 makovers for Divas Las Vegas a couple of months back, and it was a hoot. She did
a fine job on me, and by golly it was complimentary. I am a child of MAC, but complimentary is complimentary :-)

On the way to the parking garage and smarty dude at a kiosk said "2 for 25, SIR" obviously directed at me. Thank
the Lord I did not turn around. Don't know if he suspected or knew. Ah well, makes the good times that much better.

Lots of ladylike treatment at the Biscayne Restaurant in the Tropicana, end of another good day. Wore a shortish dress
and my Jessica Simpson pumps. Almost made it back to the Luxor before changing back into my flipflops. Darn ol high
heels anyway.

Did y'all know the Luxor has a GLBT acceptance statement on its web site? Pretty darn cool...