PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Ville USA is TG friendly shopping.

HaleyPink2000
10-07-2005, 10:55 PM
To all my friends on the Forum. I hope you try this place. it's TG friendly.

http://www.nostalgiavilleusa.com/

The Ladies at Nostalgia Ville USA in Missouri were great! They did help with every part of the selection on the poodle skirt outfit for me. It was a wonderful time.

I did leave home about 8ish in the morning from central Illinois. Got there about 11:30am with a big urge to get out of the truck, LOL. Just before I did arrive I called Vickie and made sure she would be there. I know I should have called way before that. LOL. But She did answer the phone when I called, so that was great. “ Oh Vickie, this is Jimmy the guy that has been e-mailing you about the outfit”. Well with a little smile I’m sure She had, Vickie did giggle, oh so slightly and said “ Yes Jimmy, can I help you”?
Then hearing her voice, I thought “it’s now or never”. “ Vickie I’ll be there in about 20 minutes. Can you help me when I arrive select an outfit”? Vickie was right up front and said “ Jimmy we will be here when you arrive, I’ll be happy to help”. There was just a nice friendliness in her voice.

When I got there it was a wild building. Like the old west gone pink. You know the old wild west store fronts, with the squared off fronts. But there was pink on almost the complete building. Was way me, pink lover that I am, LOL. In to the store I did go holding my shoulders back and trying to be the brave one. I found a lady and asked if she knew where Vickie was. “ Oh I’m Vickie can I help you”? I made a quick glance around the store for security. Waiting for them to pounce on me for who knows what. I said “ Vickie, I’m Jimmy the guy that has been e-mailing you about a Halloween outfit”.
“Oh, Hi Jimmy, Nice to meet you. Let me take you to our clothing racks”. She shook my hand and had a nice smile. Vickie took me to where the racks of the poodle skirt attire did hang. Then did show me what She thought most people did buy. Just with me standing there, Vickie knew all my sizes.

Not caring what people around us thought, Her and I had an open conversation about the outfit, and how it would look. Also I was relying on Vickie’s knowledge on the way this is worn by GG’s. “One minute Jimmy, I’ll be right back with an outfit from the store room”. She walked around the isle then out of sight into a back room. Well in just about 3 minutes She came out with her arms full, and a helper to carry some of the containers.
Into the Men’s restroom we did go, and I was left in there to try on all the clothing. Hmmm? Ok what should this look like. Ok, out of the restroom I came with all the new clothing on. Vickie and the other girl looked at me, and thought it was wonderful. I told them that this was going to be such a Hoot. An African American couple was paying for
some items at the counter. He held his hand over his mouth to stop from laughing. I told him it’s ok and we had a good laugh together. The rest of the people in the store, about 25 just ignored me, and it was like I was not even in the store. You know the feeling when you go to WalMart and everyone walks around in a fog. Not caring what anyone else is doing.

We added a pink wide stretchy belt and a fuchsia scarf. “ There, that looks nice” Vickie said to the other girl behind the counter. “ Give us a twirl Jimmy” the other girl said with a nice smile. I told her “ You’ll have to catch me if I fall”. We all had a nice time and it was a great day. Vickie gave me all the cleaning instructions, and the other girl gave me a Pink Lady necklace free. Even did help me out to my vehicle with the packages. We stood there and talked outside for another 5 minutes. Vickie is really cool with me being TG. Asked me what My wife was going to wear. I told her that I was hoping my wife would want to wear the same thing, and I could just duplicate the order. Told me that if I ever wanted, I could phone in orders. Also that they would ship the same day, if stock did allow. What a wonderful time. On the way home I did stop at WalMart and buy a nice clothing bag to put the outfit in so that I could put it in my closet in the bag for safe keeping. As I will only be wearing this a couple times a year. The petticoat was really poooffyy along with a pink and also a white crinoline that shows below the edge of the skirt.

Here is the link so you can see the outfits.

http://www.nostalgiavilleusa.com/50s/podpatcs.htm

I got the black skirt with white blouse. White and black shoes with white bobby socks that have little pink poodles on them. Along with the “ Pink Lady’s” pink jacket. Even bought the glasses, pink of coarse, LOL. It was nice being treated as an equal while trying on femme clothes.

Hope I have not bored anyone.
Love to you all.
Haley:)

Stephanie Brooks
10-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Bored?! Hardly. Excellent story! Site is now bookmarked. :D