PDA

View Full Version : Finally Came Out to Someone

ZosKiaCultusC7
07-17-2011, 04:36 AM
So tonight, I finally came out to my best friend, who happens to be female. In fact, she was the first love I had back when we were in high school.

A year or two ago, I tried coming out to her. I was hesitant to do so and even though liquid courage was flowing through my veins, I played it off like I was joking. Tonight, I texted her asking if her daughter liked a cat picture I posted on her Facebook wall. Eventually, the discussion led to me coming out to her. Like I thought she would, she completely accepts what I had to tell her, even though she was a little surprised. Regardless, she said that she is willing to accompany me to any social gatherings of like-minded individuals in the area. Even though she sucks at makeup (her words, not mine), she opted to help me out!

I will say that this is an extraordinary amount of weight lifted off of my chest. She is the first person I have told and I feel that it's a great first step to expressing who I really am.

That being said, anyone know of any CD/TG happenings in the Seattle area? :daydreaming:

Cynthia Anne
07-17-2011, 06:16 AM
That's a great little story! Thank you for sharing! Sorry I can't help you with Seattle! Hugs!

bridget thronton
07-17-2011, 08:16 AM
People who like you will support you

PretzelGirl
07-17-2011, 10:26 AM
You can't get acceptance from everyone, sadly enough, because some just haven't wrapped their minds around it. But I feel we can get acceptance from most if we take our time and present it well. Congratulations! I hope this is the beginning of some more good times with your friend and more successful "outings".

danielle40I
07-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh yes it can be very cathartic in that what you percieved as abhorent really ain't that bad. I'ld openned up to two women I worked with and was recieved quite enthusiastically...kinda figure it would be. Just try to maintain a thick skin for those that don't. Be sweet.

Lady_Chaos
07-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Its a great feeling to have another of your friends know who you really are!! I remember the first and every one thereafter. It only gets easier!!! I actually just told 2 more friends (a couple), both are fine with it :D.

We are not alone out there, Here's hoping all your friends are as supportive whenever you decide to let them know :D BE STRONG!

Lorileah
07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
People who like you will support you

Now that is the best quote I have heard on here for months!