PDA

View Full Version : Lipstick in Male Mode?

Dawn cd
07-17-2011, 04:04 PM
In the male mode I often give my lips a light coat of lip gloss (Cover Girl makes a lovely pink shade) or an application of Burts Bees tinted lip balm. It's darker than the gloss. In the summer I've been known to fix some spots, or my red nose, with a few dots of corrector or put a light coat of blush on my upper cheeks. Anyone else use makeup, especially lip makeup, in the male mode?

Barbra P
07-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I have some Burt's tinted lip balm that I wear. I also have a lipstick that when applied and blotted is very hard to see, wore for about a week arounf the house and my Wife didn't notice I was wearing lipstick and I'm pretty sure she would have said something had she noticed. I fell a couple months ago and ended up with some scrapes on my nose and applied foundation for a few days to cover the scrapes, again nobody seemed to notice as nobosy said anything.

Debglam
07-17-2011, 04:56 PM
I started using a tinted moisturizer (MAC Studio Moisture Tint in Medium) and I wear a nude lipstick out (MAC Jubilee or L'Oreal Nearly Nude). These are both pretty much invisible on both counts. Got to watch leaving lip prints on my coffee cup during meetings though!

rachael ann
07-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I too just started to wear a tinted moisterizer. It's made by neutrogena. I also sometimes wear l'oreal nude lipstick. So far know ones said anything.

BLUE ORCHID
07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
I did it once for a couple days and no one noticed.

Orchid

Gina X
07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
I quite often use a lip gloss and tinted moisturiser the only comment I've ever had is "you look a bit pale" when I haven't put any moisturiser on LOL

Samantha43
07-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm either in 100% male mode or 100% female mode. Blending the two has never worked for me.

lynn_lynn
07-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I buy many patented lips moisturizers glosses and lip cover for women, in both medic and beauty.. I hunt for flavored kind.. , Im not fond of clay at all.. but yeah, in male mode I use them, but not the colored all the time.

joanna4
07-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I used to only use concealer and foundation and for parties I apply a little mascara. I was thinking of using a nude color lip gloss for parties.

donnatracey
07-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I use lipstick a bit in place of chapstick (which I've used my entire life). I like Loreal's Fairest Nude and Rimmel's Dreamy - 1 of the few I've found that has an SPF rating (18), comes in handy in the Texas sun....:battingeyelashes:

Oh, sometimes I use something a tad more noticeable but only when out walking alone, etc....:heehee:

smokin brit
07-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I have a tube of lipstick thats the same color as my lips, you cant really tell im wearing it but it still makes them look better. i've also wear eyeliner, even did before i started CDing

Karren H
07-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I often wear some tinted lip balm. Light coat of mascara. Tinted moisterizer.

Cynthia Anne
07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I useually wear a color lipstick no matter what mode!

suchacutie
07-17-2011, 10:22 PM
For the last two winters my lips have started to show a bit of a response to the dry-cold weather. Suddenly I notice many young men (not older ones) putting on lip balm all the time so I saw no reason to let my lips get chapped so I started wearing either a moisturizer or a bit of Lip Fusion plumper, which doesn't plump much but it's a great moisturizer :)

p.s. in Tina's first year she had a lip color that was a dead ringer for her own color. In those "pink fog" days I used a light cover one day in male mode and it looked great, until I stopped at Starbucks, took one sip of my tea, and left a lovely lip print on the white top! OOPS.

Erica Thorn
07-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Last year I've been using some light makeup at work almost every day, some foundation, concealer, light (non glitter) eyeshadow and a dark brown mascara... I make sure it's basicly none visible, only to make me feel a bit better and even out the skin some!

No one have said anything yet!

bridget thronton
07-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Yes, but usually use shades close to my lip color

Rachel Morley
07-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I often wear a light coat of foundation and powder, mascara, a touch of eyebrow pencil and a lick of strawberry colored lip gloss from Viva Glam. It's nothing to obvious or in your face but if you look closely you can tell. I think women notice more than men.

Sophiewouldbenice
07-22-2011, 07:32 AM
In the last days, I wore colorless lipgloss and colorless nail polish, well at work I got rid of the gloss, but anyway, no one noticed and I stopped hiding my nails :)

Bending fem and male or better effeminate my male side is pretty cool, my hairs are also long at the back, at the sides only ear long, somehow not manly :)