PDA

View Full Version : Ruined a lovely skirt

christine55
10-08-2005, 02:42 AM
This skirt is silk. When I first got it it was really special. the color was quite a bit brighter than shown in these photos. The way it draped was just beautiful. The tag said "Dry Clean Only". I thought that if I washed it in very cool water by hand and hang dried it it would be ok. Much of the color washed out and it just doesn't drape right as you can see. I still like to wear it occasionally but now it looks like just an old skirt. Remember girls, follow the label when you wash those outfits.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/silkskirtst.jpg
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/silkskirtsi.jpg

Ibuki_Warpetal
10-08-2005, 02:53 AM
I have an over shirt that I've worn like once a year for the five years I've had it.
I don't like to wear it because I'm afraid I'll have to wash it and it may get ruined. ):

GypsyKaren
10-08-2005, 04:01 AM
Hi Christine

Thanks for the advice, I just bought a suede skirt that I thought I'd try the same thing with. Better safe than sorry, I'll take it to the cleaners instead.

GypsyKaren

BeckyCath
10-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Never mind the dry cleaners, my weashing machine ate one of my favourite skirts only yesterday :( . It was a lovely brown number, looked great and really suited my height and my figure... It was one of my better recent buys!
The washing machine ripped it, and it's got rubber scuff on it, so it's in the bin now! I guess the only positive is i get to shop for a new skirt, but on my budget, it's not going to be easy to get a replacement, as the one destroyed was a sale buy anyway!

I only have one dry clean only item...

Rebecca

Stephanie Kay
10-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Truer warnings have not been spoken! BTW, Christine, I really love your look. I too love to wear pretty scarfs! You really look nice!!:)

Denise01
10-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Hi Christine:

Sorry you ruined your lovely skirt, but as some of the other girls have said, I think it is a lesson to be learned by all of us, follow the directions.

You do take a great picture, and I only wish I could look nearly as good as you do. Love the scarf and it sets off your outfit elegantly.

When your are out, I am sure you are taken only for the lovely Lady that you are

Denise

Barbara Beaulieu
10-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi, I broke the zipper on a new black leather skirt. To say I'm upset is an understatement. How am I gonna get it fixed?

knelson
10-11-2005, 03:59 PM
:) Men never could follow directions. I have a lavender dress that I did the same thing to and now I look at the care instructions very carefully.

Jodi
10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Barbara, for your leather skirt repair, take it to a reputable shoe repair shop. They will be happy to put a new zipper in for you.

Jodi

cheri
10-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi, I broke the zipper on a new black leather skirt. To say I'm upset is an understatement. How am I gonna get it fixed?

Barbara...Take it to a shoe shop or a leather shop. Special needles are needed to sew leather.