PDA

View Full Version : Back again now as a legal and fully functional woman...

Dita_B
07-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Hello again...

Yes, I'm back again... It has been a while, some 2 - 3 years, I guess...

I've been full time since April 2009, when I started my RLE (Real Life Experience) in order to qualify for government funding for my SRS... I was already full time before that, as I attended the SCC in Atlanta GA both in 2008 and in 2009 traveling full time as a girl...

In April 2010 my RLE was completed and I had to go through a psychiatric assessment by two independent psychiatrists to receive my final approval for funding...
I received surgery in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on November 24, 2010 in the clinic from Dr. Pierre Brassard... and that was also the date of the birth of my new life as a woman...

I am, in the mean time, fully recovered to the point that I am now sexually active as a woman... The first time was an earth shattering experience, I can tell you that...

On October 1st 2010, I moved from Victoria to Vancouver, to settle in New Westminster, to be able to live closer to my girlfriend and partner, Roberta M and on May 12, 2011 we decided to move in together...

I am now retired, but have recently passed the exam of professional registered life coach and my intention is to specialize in advise to those in the trans community, as soon as I have my office organized...

This is in short an update of my present situation... I have had many adventures, did much travel and made tons of pictures... In the next couple of weeks I will give an update on those items...

I hope to meet many of my old friends here and make as many new ones as possible...

Till later and thanks for taking the effort to read my post...

With love,
Dita xo

AllieSF
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Dita,

First congratulations on your new life, your wonderful intimate life, your retirement and then starting a new career aimed at assisting others. Wow, that is a lot to accomplish in such a short time. Next, welcome back and I am more than looking forward to hearing about all your experiences, your new life and SO and seeing some of those pics. Thanks for coming back.

Karren H
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Wooo!! Congregations Dita!! Can't wait to hear more about your journey.

Eileen
07-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Great update Dita! We will be waiting to hear more about your journey.

Inna
07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Wow, you are beautiful! It is so awesome to see a real woman come back with the sense of giving back, I am sure it takes courage and dedication but the world will be a better place because of your efforts.
I am looking forward to exchange experiences and learn a bit to help in my and others transitions.

Love, Inna.

Myojine
07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I've been full time since April 2009, when I started my RLE (Real Life Experience) in order to qualify for government funding for my SRS... I was already full time before that, as I attended the SCC in Atlanta GA both in 2008 and in 2009 traveling full time as a girl...

Dont mind me barging in and demanding but...
@Bold, explain please...

Sophora
07-18-2011, 02:32 PM
@Bold, explain please...

She lives in Canada. To get government funding for the SRS one needs to live full time for a year(and I assume to follow the standards of care). Also, remember that Canada and the UK(I think)have their transitions covered all the way as long as they are patient and follow all of the guidelines.

StaceyJane
07-18-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm so glad things are going well for you.

Dita_B
07-18-2011, 02:46 PM
@Bold, explain please...

Hello Myojine:

As you can see I live in British Columbia, Canada and here we have socialized medical care... Although not all Canadian provinces participate, the British Columbia government has decided that funding for Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS) should be paid for by the Medical Services Plan (MSP) A happy citizen is a more productive citizen and, among other considerations, they offer to pay for the cost of the surgery (nearly $20,000) for those who qualify... So, the surgery itself has not cost me a penny, the only costs I had to bear myself was the flight back and forth from Vancouver to Montreal ($700) and the cost of the 10 days after care, which was excellent ($1,040) in which we were taught how to take care of our new female parts...

The qualification process is not difficult and IMHO, everyone who is seriously struggling with sexual disphoria can qualify... The approval process is, among other things, subject to a rule in which the applicant must proof to the psychiatrists that he/she has spent a full calender year in the sexual expression of his/her choice... This proof must be submitted in the form of affidavits, for instance from your employer, the dean of your faculty, or another person that has authority to make a credible statement... However all this information is readily available on the Internet if you just look for it...

I hope this helps you understand...

With love,
Dita xo

danielle40I
07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
cONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Welcome back Dita. I too am looking forward to your story.

Jay Cee
07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Congrats from a fellow Canadian. You've made huge strides in a very short time.

Jay Cee

Kaz
07-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Dita, firstly thank you for sharing but have you just changed my head? Awesome! I would love to know more about the journey... and your experience pre and post...

Myojine
07-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Hello Myojine:

As you can see I live in British Columbia, Canada and here we have socialized medical care... Although not all Canadian provinces participate, the British Columbia government has decided that funding for Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS) should be paid for by the Medical Services Plan (MSP) A happy citizen is a more productive citizen and, among other considerations, they offer to pay for the cost of the surgery (nearly $20,000) for those who qualify... So, the surgery itself has not cost me a penny, the only costs I had to bear myself was the flight back and forth from Vancouver to Montreal ($700) and the cost of the 10 days after care, which was excellent ($1,040) in which we were taught how to take care of our new female parts...

The qualification process is not difficult and IMHO, everyone who is seriously struggling with sexual disphoria can qualify... The approval process is, among other things, subject to a rule in which the applicant must proof to the psychiatrists that he/she has spent a full calender year in the sexual expression of his/her choice... This proof must be submitted in the form of affidavits, for instance from your employer, the dean of your faculty, or another person that has authority to make a credible statement... However all this information is readily available on the Internet if you just look for it...

I hope this helps you understand...

With love,
Dita xo

Youre making me really not want to live in the states anymore...
You're so luck
I want social medicine in the states :<

Frances
07-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi from Montreal. I had my surgery with Dr. B February 21st, 2011.

SherriePall
07-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Dita -- Good to see you again. You're looking especially lovely. I wish you the best of everything.

Carole Cross
07-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Congrats Dita and welcome back, i think I can remember you from before. good luck with your new career.

Only one year full time? We have to do 2 here, one of which has to be in employment. I am more than half way through mine and hoping to get on hormones very soon, should be this week, at last.