PDA

View Full Version : Brief Question: My Painted Toes

Marie-Elise
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
My wife took me for a pedi and I got my toes painted for the first time. I love it.

I do a lot of stuff with the guys including swimming. So, here is my dilemma:

I have a pool party to go to next weekend. Do I create a reason I can't swim and keep my shoes on? Or do I just go in head first and if anyone asks say "Yeah...so?".

My wife says she is fine either way. She said maybe I shouldn't get them painted again if doing so will prevent me from having fun I have always had.

What do you think?

Beverly
07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I have water shoes. I can slip them on very easy and cover my toenails. It's my shaved legs I have problems hiding.

aprilmaeflowers
07-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Truthfully, If ya got a problem with it, that's why they make polish remover and sell more nail polish.

Just my thought's...

April

Annie D
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Aqua shoes works for me!

Patrice_CD
07-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Mine are painted and sure I've had a few comments but nothing bad. Most women have thought it pretty neat and have said their husband don't have the balls to wear polish :)

lynn_lynn
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
If I have mixed colors on, I feel more like it bothers people less, a solid pretty red would get more questions out of people.. Since it takes me longer to apply different colors, than a solid. I dont have problems stripping my toes clean if they are all one color..

Sandra
07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
It has bugger all to do with anyone else except you and your SO....go and have fun and if any comments are made you could say " what you don't paint your nails" :D

DonnaT
07-18-2011, 02:44 PM
My wife says she is fine either way. She said maybe I shouldn't get them painted again if doing so will prevent me from having fun I have always had.
Seems to me, she's saying keep them painted and have fun with it. And probably not too cool with having spent the money on them and you not being happy with them, even though she says she's fine with either choice.

Note that polish usually doesn't last long, and may be chipped by pool time, giving reason to remove or repolish.

prettytoes
07-18-2011, 04:09 PM
I remove and re-paint mine at least once a week. This time of year I often wear flip flops and sandals. It is also nice to change up the color. I am not ready for the looks and possible comments. I also enjoy painting my toes! It's fun to be a part-time girl!

Barbra P
07-18-2011, 04:31 PM
My Daughter took me for my first pedicure the day after Father’s Day – it was her Father’s Day present to me. She picked out what Essie calls a Poppy Pink, I see it as an Orange-ish red. Last week I went with my Wife and we both had pedicures and the tech applied the same color again to my toes. I was not about to come home and remove the polish after my Daughter went to the expense of getting me a pedicure.

My toes have been polished now for four weeks and hardly anyone has noticed unless I called attention to them. Other than my Brother only women have commented and like Patrice the comments have been favorable and the women seem to like seeing my painted toes. I have literally worn nothing but flip-flops while drab dressed. Frankly, I like having my painted toes and I go everywhere with them with no effort to hide them.

I can only address what I would do; I would go to the party, with my toes openly exposed, and enjoy the attention. I doubt that most off the men will have much to say; the men I have pointed my toes out to generally make some comment on the order of “you’re b5raver than I am” or “I think they look cool but I don’t think I could it.” On the other hand you might get a lot of attention from the women at the party – well you don’t say whether there will or won’t be women at the party. But how much of a party can there be without women? Some of the men might get jealous over all the attention you are getting, but you can always suggest that there is probably some nail polish around and a number of women more than happy to paint their toes for them and while it is happening they will be the center of attention.

Cheryl T
07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Buy your own polish and remover...do them when you want and take it off when you are with others that you don't really want to know about the polish.
That's what I do...besides, it's fun to do your own nails. Or have your wife do them...you can use it to bond with each other.

Amber_Lynn
07-18-2011, 04:52 PM
My recent experience
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?156938-Painted-toe-nails-shaved-legs-and-observations-on-society

Worst case, remove it and apply a new color :)

Marie-Elise
07-18-2011, 05:22 PM
My Daughter took me for my first pedicure the day after Father’s Day – it was her Father’s Day present to me. She picked out what Essie calls a Poppy Pink, I see it as an Orange-ish red. Last week I went with my Wife and we both had pedicures and the tech applied the same color again to my toes. I was not about to come home and remove the polish after my Daughter went to the expense of getting me a pedicure.

My toes have been polished now for four weeks and hardly anyone has noticed unless I called attention to them. Other than my Brother only women have commented and like Patrice the comments have been favorable and the women seem to like seeing my painted toes. I have literally worn nothing but flip-flops while drab dressed. Frankly, I like having my painted toes and I go everywhere with them with no effort to hide them.

I can only address what I would do; I would go to the party, with my toes openly exposed, and enjoy the attention. I doubt that most off the men will have much to say; the men I have pointed my toes out to generally make some comment on the order of “you’re b5raver than I am” or “I think they look cool but I don’t think I could it.” On the other hand you might get a lot of attention from the women at the party – well you don’t say whether there will or won’t be women at the party. But how much of a party can there be without women? Some of the men might get jealous over all the attention you are getting, but you can always suggest that there is probably some nail polish around and a number of women more than happy to paint their toes for them and while it is happening they will be the center of attention.

Yeah. I'm inclined to go and if anybody says anything, I'll just tell them whatever. I don't know and I am really thinking this over. I am leaning toward just going with the polish on.

Sarasometimes
07-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Do what is best for you and yours! If your So is cool with it that is the main thing. You could just say that your SO dared you to start wearing nail polish and you took her up on it. Also bring a few cards from your Pedi salon so they can have thier polished too. All you need to do is show them that they aren't getting to you and they will leave it be, Oh Squirrel! Where, where....

Marie-Elise
07-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Coincidentally, my wife just weighed in at dinner. She says that she thinks that, given the area we live in and the religious/conservative line of thinking there, she thinks a compromise would be best. That is, paint my toes the 9 months out of the year we won't be swimming. She says it would make her feel uncomfortable a little if I went to the pool party with my toes painted though she would not tell me not too if I wanted to go that way. Also, she thinks our kid might get razzed by his friends.

The bottom line is I think she is right. I will compromise with no bad feelings about it. This does affect her and our son.

I'd be interested in hearing more opinions from the folks here though.

boardpuppy
07-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Before I read your last post I was going to suggest you're keepingg your toes painted on a dare from your SO, neices, neightbor girls or something along those line but I can see that won't work. You could always put clear polish on them and keep them painted that way or better yet use a flesh colored polish as I did on my nails. OPI does have some really sexy flesh colors know.

BLUE ORCHID
07-18-2011, 08:20 PM
You know that nobody ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.

Just strip and re paint.

Orchid

Marie-Elise
07-18-2011, 08:36 PM
You know that nobody ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.

Just strip and re paint.

Orchid

That's about the size of it. Oh well, I can enjoy my toes a few more days. :)

Alice B
07-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes. Water shoes. I use them at our when others than family are here. I just say I have a sore on the bottom of my feet and do not want to rub it against the pool bottom.

sissystephanie
07-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I have been getting pedicures and manicures for many years. And I do go swimming with friends, both female and male. The women all love my nail polish and the men are jealous, because I get so much attention from the ladies!! In case anybody is wondering, my fingers are always some shade of pink and my toes are some very bright color, whcih may be red or something else!! Oh yes, my finger nails are feminine shaped and a bit long for a man!!

gender_blender
07-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't hide anything. My toes have been pink for weeks after my latest pedi.

Jamie Burton
07-18-2011, 10:22 PM
That's about the size of it. Oh well, I can enjoy my toes a few more days. :)

I wear a clear polish on both my toenails and my fingernails all the time and no one has ever commented. I actually pointed it out to someone about my feet and they hadn't noticed. So, apply your clear polish for the pool party weekends and then you can always have a different color done after that.

Eryn
07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
If your wife is in on it you could always allude (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) to the wild time you two had after putting the polish on! Make 'em envy you! :)

Oh, and I usually use clear polish and always have smooth legs. No comments yet...

Kathy4ever
07-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Do what you are comfortable doing. You have a leg up, o as to speak in that your wife has given you the green light. I'm on vacation in Williamsburg VA and I have my nails and toes painted for almost 72 hours. They are a clear opai. Dosen't stand out that much but depending on the light it shoiws different ways. I don't think anyone has noticed yet because no one has said a word. I have grown my own nails long and they are shaped nicely. Been wearing sandals and flip flops. Do whatever floats your boat

Jamie001
07-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Why worry about it, they are your toes. Just show those pretty toes! After all, look at all of the people wearing body piercing, half of the guys in sports wear earrings, and all of the tattoos. Why worry about painted nails. Compared to body piercings and tattoos. a little nail polish is nothing.

Coincidentally, my wife just weighed in at dinner. She says that she thinks that, given the area we live in and the religious/conservative line of thinking there, she thinks a compromise would be best. That is, paint my toes the 9 months out of the year we won't be swimming. She says it would make her feel uncomfortable a little if I went to the pool party with my toes painted though she would not tell me not too if I wanted to go that way. Also, she thinks our kid might get razzed by his friends.

The bottom line is I think she is right. I will compromise with no bad feelings about it. This does affect her and our son.

I'd be interested in hearing more opinions from the folks here though.

Marie-Elise
07-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Why worry about it, they are your toes. Just show those pretty toes! After all, look at all of the people wearing body piercing, half of the guys in sports wear earrings, and all of the tattoos. Why worry about painted nails. Compared to body piercings and tattoos. a little nail polish is nothing.

That's a good point. I am thinking I may actually ease my way into it next spring. By then, I will have had them painted for a few months and I can play it off as "some men have their ears pierced; I have my toes painted".

Jamie001
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Also, you should google "men wearing nail polish". There are race car drivers, athletes, musicians, Hollywood Directors, Actors, and many other men that wear nail polish. Also, UFC Chuck Liddel wears toenail polish and this - this has been discussed in many sport magazines. It is not really a big deal. It was also revealed that Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott wears polish on his toes. Also Seal, Scott Speed (Nascar Driver), Len Weisman (Hollywood Director married to Kate Becensale), and many others...

DonnaT
07-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I reckon in that case, you might as well remove the polish. You'll have gotten the enjoyment of having them done, so no need to dampen that enjoyment by worrying about your wife's and kid's comfort.

Now, if you were away from those who know you, I'd suggest leaving it on to see what happens. I did this with my wife at the beach. After no one said anything, she forgot all about them too.

kristinacd55
07-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I put on some clear polish and went to the beach last Friday....no comments there :)

shoegazer
07-19-2011, 05:22 PM
I have long fingernails on my right hand (well manicured, but not painted.. for playing fingerstyle guitar) and I seem to get many more comments on them than I do on my toes, which are always painted and typically exposed since I wear sandals 24x7 if I'm not playing sports.

I don't usually wear bright red/pink polishes though, I stick to dark brown, slate blue, gray, or shades of green typically. I do that primarily because those colors look better with my wardrobe (both male and femme wardrobe).

Jamie001
07-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I put on some clear polish and went to the beach last Friday....no comments there :)

I would not expect any comments because clear polish is not really noticeable unless someone is staring at your feet. It is highly unlikely that anyone will notice claar polish especially on toes.

Lorileah
07-19-2011, 05:36 PM
somewhere along the line we have to decide if we are going to be slaves of old outdated ideas and ill thought role stereotypes. If you like it, show it, if you don't don't do it. There is not granite obelisk anywhere that states "Man do this...." Ask yourself a question and then then ask it of your so called friends if they say anything, That question is "How does MY nail polish effect your life?" Is it like kryptonite? Does it sap all your and your friend's maleness away? If they drive a car does the paint scheme make it run faster or slower? There are two people this should make a difference to, one is you, and the other is your wife.

suzanne
07-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I have been getting my nails done regularly for the last two years. A mani/pedi every 4 to 5 weeks alternating with a manicure after two weeks, because the pedicure just lasts longer. My wife tolerates my femininity, but is not fully comfortable with my more public expressions, like painted nails and pearl necklaces. She sometimes makes vague comments about being embarrassed (me or her? I don't know), but clams up tight when I try to initiate any kind of discussion. So, I just do what I like and she bottles up whatever feelings she might have about it, pro or con. Not what I call a healthy balance, but it is what it is.

In October 2009, we made a trip to Australia and New Zealand. The day before leaving, I had a real nice mani/pedi done. On the second day of the trip, we are setting out for a day excursion to the Great Barrier Reef. My wife glanced down at my toes and asked, "Aren't you going to remove that?" "Of course not, I just had them done for the trip" So off we went, with my nails on display all day.

I have never had a comment about my nails, even though I have seen some people take a second look. Pretty much the same with my pearl necklace, which is much more visible than a manicure. The only comments I have ever gotten about that were positive "Are you wearing pearls? Cool." So I thank them for the compliment. I have an answer ready for anyone who wants to say anything beyond that. "I just like how they look when they're done properly" In other words, MYOB. But I've just never had a conversation that went there.

lynn_lynn
07-19-2011, 08:35 PM
I would not expect any comments because clear polish is not really noticeable unless someone is staring at your feet. It is highly unlikely that anyone will notice claar polish especially on toes.

My french tips kind stick out.. but they dont, cause they too look like natural nail color to the untrained eye.. :D

Marie-Elise
07-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Also, you should google "men wearing nail polish". There are race car drivers, athletes, musicians, Hollywood Directors, Actors, and many other men that wear nail polish. Also, UFC Chuck Liddel wears toenail polish and this - this has been discussed in many sport magazines. It is not really a big deal. It was also revealed that Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott wears polish on his toes. Also Seal, Scott Speed (Nascar Driver), Len Weisman (Hollywood Director married to Kate Becensale), and many others...

Very cool. Thanks for the list. I am very much leaning toward wearing it next spring. We'll see.

Marie-Elise
07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
somewhere along the line we have to decide if we are going to be slaves of old outdated ideas and ill thought role stereotypes. If you like it, show it, if you don't don't do it. There is not granite obelisk anywhere that states "Man do this...." Ask yourself a question and then then ask it of your so called friends if they say anything, That question is "How does MY nail polish effect your life?" Is it like kryptonite? Does it sap all your and your friend's maleness away? If they drive a car does the paint scheme make it run faster or slower? There are two people this should make a difference to, one is you, and the other is your wife.

Yep. And it does make a difference to my wife. I'm not going to do it if it will make her feel uncomfortable. I agree with you fully.

donnatracey
07-19-2011, 08:50 PM
That's a good point. I am thinking I may actually ease my way into it next spring. By then, I will have had them painted for a few months and I can play it off as "some men have their ears pierced; I have my toes painted".

Of course, by next spring you may your toes painted AND your ears pierced.......:heehee::heehee:

Marie-Elise
07-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Of course, by next spring you may your toes painted AND your ears pierced.......:heehee::heehee:

Had my ears pierced when I was in my twenties as a macho thing. However, I did end up borrowing my mother's earrings a few times. She knew and just shook her head like "kids these days". Anyway, due to the business I'm in, I could not have pierced ears.

t-girlxsophie
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
I dont think I would let any aspect of my Crossdressing,stop me from doing other things I love to do,and the affect on my son (if was an issue) would also be paramount in any decision I make.I would just remove the polish,any excuse to paint them a different colour

Sophie

Marie-Elise
07-21-2011, 05:58 AM
I dont think I would let any aspect of my Crossdressing,stop me from doing other things I love to do,and the affect on my son (if was an issue) would also be paramount in any decision I make.I would just remove the polish,any excuse to paint them a different colour

Sophie

Exactly. Now I just gotta get my wife to teach me how to remove the polish and do my toenails. So much work...

Marie-Elise
07-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Just a brief update:

Last night at dinner, my wife and I got into a discussion about boundaries and she was quite sure about the ones we set when I first told her about my urges to CD. This was cool.

Anyway, after dinner, she went and got me her polish remover and cotton balls. I went and got my girly clothes. She decided to go to bed and read so I put on a bra and panties and sat in the living room removing the polish from my toes while watching the baseball game. It felt great to do it dressed that way. Then I put on a garter belt, lace top stockings, black pumps, a black short skirt and a black top, had a couple of glasses of red and finished watching the game. A nice evening and today is the pool party that started this thread.

terrianncd
07-23-2011, 08:57 AM
I've had my toes painted for so long that the wife says when they are not painted....paint your toes as your feet look funny without color...lol.

JohnH
07-23-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't see what the big deal about having your toes painted. I shave my legs, arms, and chest, wear denim skirts instead of shorts all the time, and yes I paint my toenails and put on nail hardener on my fingernails. On the toenails I wear black, gray, dark blue, or dark red.

My wife has called me "the fashion queen" or "Johanna". :)

Jamie001
07-23-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't understand why the issue over painted toes especially when so many people are wearing tattoos, body piercings, and men with earrings. There are also a lot of men what wear painted toes. If you google "men wearing nail polish" you will see that there are a lot of men wearing nail polish.

Marie-Elise
07-23-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't understand why the issue over painted toes especially when so many people are wearing tattoos, body piercings, and men with earrings. There are also a lot of men what wear painted toes. If you google "men wearing nail polish" you will see that there are a lot of men wearing nail polish.

I agree with you. Again, it is the community we live in and the fact that my wife might feel uncomfortable. She is also feeling protective of me in that she thinks it might affect some relationships with friends that are really meaningful to me in particular.

Jamie001
07-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I agree with you. Again, it is the community we live in and the fact that my wife might feel uncomfortable. She is also feeling protective of me in that she thinks it might affect some relationships with friends that are really meaningful to me in particular.

Hi Yangstyle,

One thing that I learned is that friends that do not accept you as you are are not real friends. If they are judgmental over a little thing like this, then they are merely acquaintances and are not worthy to be your friends. It is a good way to determine who your real friends are.

Marie-Elise
07-24-2011, 04:16 AM
Hi Yangstyle,

One thing that I learned is that friends that do not accept you as you are are not real friends. If they are judgmental over a little thing like this, then they are merely acquaintances and are not worthy to be your friends. It is a good way to determine who your real friends are.

Good point. We have only lived here a little while and these friends, while important to us, are not as close as the decades long friends we left in our former neighborhood across the country. We'll get to know people here better. I am all for the incremental approach, especially in social relationships. We will be patient in determining our real friends here.