PDA

View Full Version : What if there were no taboos - would more people CD? Hmmmmm.

heatherdress
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I have often wondered if more people would crossdress if there were no taboos. Would it be 25%? 50%? 75%? What if we did not have to worry about acceptance, family, job, neighbors, children? Would more people - experiment, express themselves, have fun, explore, learn, change, improve, grow? What if it was OK to wear to work either a suit and tie or make-up, heels and a dress. Would more people dress the way they wanted to 9 to 5? Would work be different? Better? More productive? What if it was acceptable to show up at a party or social event dressed in either male or female attire - jeans or a skirt, socks or nylons? Would parties be more fun to go to? Would our spouses and partners be supportive? Would we have more fun shopping, doing our nails together, sharing jewelry, dressing together? Would we be more intimate? More understanding, caring, communicate better, be more loving? Would we be happier? Would there be fewer barriers between us? Would we understand each other better? Would we have more fun together? Maybe our crossdressing is an opportunity, not simply an escape, a secret or a burden. Maybe we should work to make more of our dreams come true. Hmmmmm.

Pythos
07-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I think yes to most. But for many, it is the taboo that drives their desire. Not in my case....I friggin hate hiding.

Lynn Marie
07-19-2011, 12:01 PM
If I went to work dressed, I'd never be able to get anything done! I'd just swish around the office in my heels and skirts watching my boobs bounce and sway and my heels clicking down the hall! The rest of my time would be spent refreshing my makeup and adjusting my stockings and garters.

I know that there were a lot more questions in the opening post, but I really couldn't past this one!

AmandaBlack
07-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Good question...but for me, like Pythos points out, it is the taboo that attracts me to dress and what makes it exciting/a rush.

...and the part about parties? Yes, I think they'd be way more fun!

girlygirly
07-19-2011, 12:20 PM
If there were NO taboos, I don't think I would want to send any wrong signals to potentially murdering rapists by dressing up in ladies clothing.

sherib
07-19-2011, 12:46 PM
No I don't think there would be more. I think you would just see more of the ones, like me who have been in the closet all their lives. I don't think there are more gay people, it's just as it's has became more acceptable, more people are coming out of the closet and you just see more of them.

Kate Lynn
07-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Where is it written or declared,that a man can not wear what he wants,wether it be male clothes,or womens clothes,I wear what I want,if society doesn't like it,they should buy my clothes....LOL

Karren H
07-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Come on.. Without the taboos and the rush you get from doing something not acceptable most of us would quit crossdressing and go rob banks!! Lol. So less CDs and more BRs!

sally silverfox
07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know if there would be more but-I would spend more time as Sally for sure.It's only the grief I face that prevents me from coming out.I wish I could transition back and forth without any censure from anyone.Sally is a big part of who I am but societal taboos cause her to remain pretty much in the closet.

Gerrijerry
07-19-2011, 01:00 PM
That question requires an answer depending on why a person is crossdressing. So expect to get many different answers. For me it was never the taboo I simple felt correctly dressed when in female clothing. As for work. I work as a female now and it changed very little once others got over the change. I am simple dressed correctly for the person I am inside. Life actually became less stressful. I dress to fit in not to stand out and that makes a world of difference.

Reggie Campion
07-19-2011, 01:13 PM
I had to answer your thoughts and came back twice b-4 i could. Yes i would love to go out dressed if there were no taboos or people ready to harrass us. I am ready to make some serious decisions and one of them is to go out. At my level in life now i know who i am i don't have the frustrations of doing what i am doing like i did earlier in my life. I am regularly wearing panties every day except for Drs. appointments and etc.. Also i would probably be out in my fem side more than the male side.

Reggie

SuzanneBender
07-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I am not sure why we would want to get rid of tattoos in our society. I am not the really into them but I now a few that are.... Ohhhhh. taboos and not tattoos. Silly me :heehee:

I for one would love it. I really enjoy being femme and all of the primping and work that it demands. So yes I would be sashaying around 24X7 if everyone would accept. However, I don't think you would see a lot more of us. You may see some guys be more androgynous in their choice of fashion, but lets face it beauty takes time, resources and even a little pain. To look as good as many of the women this site demands discipline, sacrifice and patience which Joe Average male just doesn't have.

This would likely lead to jealousy on the part of males and yes even some GGs. Which then would lead to them wanting us to stop looking our best. In turn, which would cause them to try to establish barriers to our expressing ourselves and in time those barriers would be adopted as social morays by society eventually turning our expression into taboo behavior.

So what does one do? Well Sister do what I do. Grab a glass of wine. Take a seat at the makeup table and get out their in the world. If I weren't wearing a dress I would probably be wearing a black leather jacket because some where deep down inside live a rebelette without a cause.

sometimes_miss
07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
If I went to work dressed, I'd never be able to get anything done! I'd just swish around the office in my heels and skirts watching my boobs bounce and sway and my heels clicking down the hall! The rest of my time would be spent refreshing my makeup and adjusting my stockings and garters.

I don't think this would be the general response. Once the freedom to wear and behave how we want to, the novelty of it wears off, and after a short time everything would seem 'normal' to you, and you wouldn't notice the female attire or bouncing boobs very much at all. At home I'm 'dressed' in girl attire 24 hours a day unless I go out; the only thing I ever really notice is when I have to move my hair out of my face or detangle it (but even that's becoming something I do unconsciously while watching TV). The clothes I seldom notice other than positioning my skirt or dress when sitting down.

suchacutie
07-19-2011, 02:05 PM
I think that if the prejudice against crossing the gender lines would disappear, the option would be on the table in a way that would be very public and ordinary. It would become a personal preference and not a societal preference. What to wear would change from infancy and the gender separation as far as clothing is concerned would disappear. At that point we would really have a distinction between sex and gender expression in a way that gender expression by what we wear would disappear. It would become "mix and match" according to what then would become the style. Maybe I'd only wear makeup with certain colors, or only if I chose to wear heels with my 3-piece suit.

What a wildly different world it would be. I'm not even sure how we might then redefine the word "transgendered"!

food for thought

Steveo
07-19-2011, 02:06 PM
this question was asked of me only yesterday, at work and my reply was that the vast majority of crossdressers just want to wear what they want without fear or prejadise.
i think we have come a long way even since the fifty's. my dearest wish is that i could walk down my street in what ever my desire that day and not feel threatend, yes even in just a simple skirt and top. but back to the main point of the question, my opinion only is that if it ever happens that society's dislike for anything abnormal, i.e blue/green hair, the punk decade, and society accepted the difference in all people no matter what the secomstances, then surely we would sease to be crossdressers and simply be putting on whatever we liked for that day. steve

JenniferR771
07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
We dress differently from genetic women to help the randy guys tell us apart. Over thousands of generations, it just became more efficient for procreation if the men pursued women, and did not waste time trying to reproduce with other men. It became instinct--adaptive to you fellow biologists.

Kate Simmons
07-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Actually Karr, I would probably become "Bonnie" and go find a "Clyde" to rob banks with.:)

Cynthia Anne
07-19-2011, 02:33 PM
I've always been a dare devil! To take the excitement out of dressing would be like having no sunshine! Dullsville!:eek:

Eryn
07-19-2011, 03:34 PM
If there were no taboos, there would be no crossdressing! If nothing was forbidden there would be no line to cross!

Consider the occasional argument we see here that GGs who wear jeans are crossdressing. This isn't true because there is no taboo against women wearing jeans.

Personally, I'd love it if there were no taboos. We'd all get to express ourselves as we wish. However, there are many who depend upon the taboo for their enjoyment and eliminating the taboo would harm their experience.

joanna4
07-19-2011, 03:55 PM
I would love that but I don't think I'd learn anything in class because I would just look down at what I'm wearing.