PDA

View Full Version : rough time at work so I...

StaceyJane
07-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Went shopping!!!

Last week I got some bad news concerning some potential trouble at work. It has me really worried. Since I found out about over the weekend when I do work i won't know what's going to happen until tonight.

I've spent the weekend moping around but today I decided to do something.

I put on a nice outfit I have and went out shopping in the mall. I started at Macys, hit JC Penny then Dillards with a quick stop at Payless.

I didn't buy a thing plus the air conditioning didn't seem to be working too well (a problem when wearing a wig and makeup).
But It didn't matter, it was great to be looking through racks of clothes again.
After I left the mall I made a stop at Wal-Mart to get some nail polish remover I needed then just because I wasn't ready to go home I went to Target.

Just what I needed, especially since my therapist is in Tanzania right now (really).

Cynthia Anne
07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
There's no better way to put a smile on a girls face then shopping! It's a great way to brighten her up and lets her forget her troubles! Best wishes and luck to you concerning tonight! Hugs!

suzy1
07-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Another benefit of being a C.D. girl Stacey. To forget your troubles for a while.
I do hope things at work will be O.K.

Thinking of you, SUZY

danielle40I
07-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Stacey, ther's nothin like "shoppin therapy". Chin up Girl.

BLUE ORCHID
07-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi Stacey, I sure hope that every thing works out for you.

Orchid

Linda Stockings
07-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Wow, I've had that happen to me too. But I'm usually shopping in drag. I think the shopping followed by trying the clothes helps me because it's a way of taking "a vacation from being me for a little while", and any troubles I might be having.

Hope all works out okay, Stacey

Linda

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
07-20-2011, 03:48 AM
I call it retail therapy and it always helps me.

Iskandra
07-20-2011, 04:39 AM
Isn't Tansania next door to Transania?:bs:

Sharon B.
07-20-2011, 04:40 AM
I didn't have problems at work, but this past Sunday I had brought something to help with chores outside and the second time I used it it felt apart. Needless to say I was upset and to get myself calmed back down I came into the house and removed all of my body hair and proceeded to get into my feminine mode. I have been back into my feminine self and it feels wonderful.
Now I need to go shopping for some new shoes and will do it in drag but with feminine items mixed in.

StaceyJane
07-26-2011, 12:59 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that things seemed to have worked out okay at work. But you never know with my job, sometimes the shoe drops very slowly.

suzy1
07-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for letting us know Stacey.
I was wondering.

SUZY

Persephone
07-26-2011, 01:15 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that things seemed to have worked out okay at work. But you never know with my job, sometimes the shoe drops very slowly.

Glad to hear that things may be better, Stacey. But also glad that you got in a day of shopping!

Hugs,
Persephone.

SusanLCD
07-26-2011, 04:17 PM
As one of the millions who are presently "between jobs", I'm glad to hear that things worked out OK for you at work. And, you got some retail therapy to enjoy, as well.

I also share the TX heat with you and can sympathize if your AC isn't working well. Putting on makeup requires a small fan near the makeup counter. Wigs add a "hat" to every outing. Shapewear adds a layer of clothing. When is winter going to get here? :eek: <End of rant>

BTW: if we're "sharing" this heat, would you mind taking a little more of it so I can cool off a little bit. :D

StaceyJane
07-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone!

Susan, I don't want to take anything away from your enjoyment of the heat.

TxCassie
07-26-2011, 09:07 PM
In the words of the great "Patula Clark":

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know - downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?

The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown - no finer place, for sure
Downtown - everything's waiting for you

Don't hang around and let your problems surround you
There are movie shows - downtown
Maybe you know some little places to go to
Where they never close - downtown
Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle bossa nova
You'll be dancing with him too before the night is over
Happy again

The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown, where all the lights are bright
Downtown - waiting for you tonight
Downtown - you're gonna be all right now

And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to
Guide them along

So maybe I'll see you there
We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown - don't wait a minute for
Downtown - everything's waiting for you
Downtown, downtown, downtown, downtown ...

Glad it helped Stacy.. and Hope it turn out well at work for you.

Cassie