PDA

View Full Version : how do u measure bra size?

Val Tan
08-29-2004, 04:01 AM
every manufacturer on every website seems to give a different way to measure bra size.

the one i first saw was:
1. measure below breasts
2. measure largest part of chest
then 2. is the band size, (2-1) gets the cup size, so i ended up with a 36B or so

then i've seen variations like
1. measure top of chest right below armpits
2. measure largest part of chest
then 1. is the band size, (2-1) is the cup size. if i do that i become a 34A/B. BUT my sis wears 34B/C bras and half the time they are too tight, the other half i *can* wear them but the cups get all out of shape (from the stretch)

then just now i was at amazon.com and saw the sizing chart for fig leaves and according to the chart i should be a 38AA

Argh! confused!!

nuffsaid
08-29-2004, 07:09 AM
First- measure around and below breasts without pulling. round it to an even number and add 2. the number 2 varies from bra to bra in some cases it's 3. this is your band size. It helps if you're wearing a bra that fits.

second- measure around and above the breasts by the nipple area. what ever you get, the difference between the band and chest size is the cup size.

mchelle
08-29-2004, 04:35 PM
or have salesperson measure.
i wore 38b out shopping but salesperson said i was 40, but none in the store...works for me

Val Tan
08-29-2004, 04:44 PM
or have salesperson measure.
i wore 38b out shopping but salesperson said i was 40, but none in the store...works for me

well i'm in singapore, quite conservative still with regards to cd.. so i *cant* do that. i guess i'll have to rely on trial and error

GraceUSA
08-29-2004, 05:26 PM
This is the standard way for bra sizing in the US, I know its different in other countries. (Copied from Victorias Secret Web site)

BAND SIZE
• Measure around your ribcage, directly under the bust.
• Add 5 to this measurement to obtain your band size. (i.e.: If your ribcage measurement is 29" + (5) = 34" band size.)

CUP SIZE
• Measure completely around the bust at the fullest point.
• Each inch of difference between this measurement and your BAND size = cup size. (i.e.: If your band size is 34" and your bust measurement is 35", you wear an "A" cup.)

If the difference is:
less than 1 inch = AA cup 3 inches = C cup
1 inch = A cup 4 inches = D cup
2 inches = B cup 5 inches = DD cup

Danielle1960
08-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I've saw many different ways that are considered correct. The one that works for me is to measure the chest above the breast and this equals the band size. Measure the fullest part of the breast and use every 1" above the band size as a cup.
Hope this doesn't confuse the issue.
Danielle

Val Tan
08-30-2004, 08:32 PM
ok the part below my breasts is 34", and around, 36"

so... um... 36AA? hee~ i guess i should be able to fit into a 36B right?

Jen_TGCD
08-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Okay, Val... let me see if I can really get everyone confused!!!

You didn't say if you were going to wear forms with your bra or use your natural breasts but I assume that you would like to have a bit of protrusion up front. So, you will have to use an underwire bra to keep your forms securely in place.

If I go by the "your band size plus 5 inches" theory... that usually leaves the bra too loose for our purposes... the forms slide out the bottom. Not good! I have had the best luck going with the "band size plus 2 inches" although I have to round up one inch to make an even number. (39 plus 2 = 41 My size is 42)

Cup size is really your preference. You can be demure... or busty!!! ... or either, depending on your mood. (Personally, I have 4 sets of silicone breasts, one pair of enhancers and one set of foam "big girls"... for those "drag queen" evenings!:p )

Another thing is that every brand of bra seems to be a different fit. I have a 38C (Vassarette) that is so comfortable but mostly wear a 42B (Bali) so you are back to the "hit or miss" method.

A tip that a TS woman gave me was that when you do find a bra that fits and is still comfortable after 10 hours of wear... buy as many as you can afford before they get discontinued! On the other hand... it is so much fun to shop and try new styles and colors... I usually don't wear them that long anyway.

Above all... just have fun and experiment! Shopping is one of the great perks of being a Crossdresser!!! The down side is... where do you hide it all??? :o
---Jen---------

Rachel Elizabeth
09-01-2004, 09:01 AM
I had a sales person measure me. I went to a botique shop in Texas that specialized in lingerie and breast forms. I just walked in [en drab] and told the sales lady that I wanted to be measured for a bra and breast forms. No questions asked...no strange looks. Very helpful. When it came to the breast forms, she recommended that I go with a C cup.

As far as breast forms, I like the tear drops better than the butterfly. They seem more perky.

Hugs....