PDA

View Full Version : My new apartment

Rachel Ann
10-08-2005, 09:53 AM
The bedroom has 2 closets with built-in drawers between them. Boy side and girl side. :D

MsEva
10-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Congrats Rachel..
Can't imagine what a place like that costs in SF!!:eek:
Sounds like a dream!

Rachel Ann
10-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Can't imagine what a place like that costs in SF
Neither can I! It's in Richmond, on the east side of the Bay. And, it's an in-law.

Stephanie Brooks
10-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Congrats Rachel Ann!!!!!! Hope it works well for you.

*BIG WARM HUGGLES*

MsEva
10-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Richmond...neat..I went to Cal for some graduate courses...nice area...

Lauren_T
10-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Stereo closets! What will you Left Coasters think of next??:cool:

Wendy me
10-08-2005, 10:11 AM
ok two closets and built-in drawers wow sounds cool so were did you say the "him" things are going??? good luck and enjoy......

Lady Jayne
10-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Rachel congartulations on the apartment,so this closet you say it has a

Rachel Ann
10-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Yeah, like that, Jayne! :D

Signing off now, ladies. If Comcast shows up as promised tomorrow, I'll be back on the air in the afternoon. Otherwise, who knows?

Rachel Ann xx

Angela Burke
10-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Jayne,
You made the Boy Side far too large!

Love Angela XX

Lauren_T
10-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Ya! Girl side = second bedroom, boy side = shoebox under the bathroom sink...:p

Rachel Ann
10-14-2005, 12:43 AM
I never dreamed that it would take five days, but when you are compressing the possessions of a lifetime in to a storage locker and a one-bedroom apartment ...

I haven't done this much continuous physical labor in YEARS. My hands are raw hamburger and I'm covered in bruises. But I finally got everything out by the deadline. I don't know whether U-Haul or Comcast is the most evil entity in the universe right now.

Needless to say, organizing trucks and work crews was a testosterone-driven undertaking. Rachel likes having someone around who knows how to do that. :) At least I have friends who will work for me for a modest wage. :D

This marks the end of a 15-year relationship and the loss of the nicest home I ever had or will have. Towards the end of the last day I sent my crew off on a bogus errand so that I could cry while watching the sunset from the front window for the last time.

The ex kept escalating the nastiness and hostility until the bitter end. Fortunately, she does this less when others are around so the presence of the crew helped. I did a few things that I wasn't required to under the agreement - had the place professionally cleaned and all the trash hauled away (3 loads in a large pickup). Appreciation? Are you kidding? Oh well, at least she can't say I left things a mess. (She can still say it, of course.) :p

At the moment, the new place is like living in a storage locker, but that will be taken care of in a few days when most of the stuff here goes to the actual storage locker.

Still preoccupied with the aftermath - talk to you all soon.

Love

Rachel Ann

Ibuki_Warpetal
10-14-2005, 12:45 AM
5 days? :S

Rachel Ann
10-14-2005, 01:30 AM
5 days? :SThe last 3 were with one helper and a pickup truck. And I'm old, not to mention poor and in ill health. Cut me some slack, ok?

Sharon
10-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Rachel,
I missed this thread when you first started it. Although this move was made under duress and less than ideal conditions, I'm sure that with a little time and TLC, you will make your new home a true home.
Good luck to you Rachel, and keep us up to date. I would love to see a photo of the place when you have it in order.

Ibuki_Warpetal
10-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Cut me some slack, ok?
Plenty.

Raychel
10-14-2005, 06:49 AM
ok two closets and built-in drawers wow sounds cool so were did you say the "him" things are going??? good luck and enjoy......

I bet the boy clothes would fit nicely in a shoe box under the bed. :D