the other evening was around the house wearing one of my fem jeans when my 10
year old daughter copped them and asked are they moms jeans
I said id got them from the press and made a mistake
she had a good laugh and said I must be blind
my wife knows I dress but dosent want the kids to know
should I tell them and when

Suzy Parker
07-20-2011, 05:50 PM
A good time would be when both you and your wife feel the time is right to do so.

Eryn
07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Do you and mom wear the same size?

If not, you can truthfully answer "No, these are mine."

Were they particularly girly?

In answer to your question, you should only tell if your wife agrees. It is as much her decision as yours.

Gaby2
07-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Who knows when "the right time" is, Erica.
It's awkward needing to be untruthful to your daughter.
I think it was J.B.Keane who said something like:
It's not the lie that causes the problems... it's the other 100 lies you have to tell to cover-up the initial lie!
As for me, I don't need to force the issue of my CDing with my kids as I live mostly separated from them.
My Ex would be abhorred though if I said anything about it to them (I think!).
My SO also has a 10 year old - she doesn't want me to say anything about CDing at the moment - and I respect her wishes.
:hugs:Gaby

Karren H
07-20-2011, 07:46 PM
See. Women's jeans are evil!! Bet she wouldn't have said a thing if you had been wearing a skirt!!

busker
07-21-2011, 12:41 AM
the other evening was around the house wearing one of my fem jeans when my 10
year old daughter copped them and asked are they moms jeans
I said id got them from the press and made a mistake
she had a good laugh and said I must be blind
my wife knows I dress but dosent want the kids to know
should I tell them and when

Erica, there is an interesting article in the NYTimes that is worthy of reading in view of your quandry.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/books/review/the-me-my-child-mustnt-know.html

The author who has written a number of books has this to say about the ONE book she wouldn't want her son to read:
quote"Everyone has a past, and it’s a very personal decision to reveal — or not reveal — the more unsavory bits to our children. It’s possible for most people to smooth out the rough edges of their histories, to edit out indiscretions or sanitize their mistakes. After all, some things are none of our kids’ business, right? They don’t need to know every single detail about their parents."
quote " It’s a book I’m proud of, and the artist in me would like to think that I would have written it no matter what. But the mother in me isn’t so sure".
It is a constant question here and certainly one that bears thought before expression. It may be that some things that parents do, remain out of the lives of their children.

Chickhe
07-21-2011, 01:09 AM
The other night I bought some jeans and as I was browsing next to me there was a high school aged guy and girl looking at jeans too. I was male, and I was looking...no big deal, I even tried them on...discreetly though. So, the guy says to the girl (for my benefit?), '...I don't even know what size I am'... she and he start talking about what style will look best. No idea if they were in to CDing, doesn't matter...just some kids shopping and having fun, I wish when I was that age I could have been in his shoes.