PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything left to discuss?

Frédérique
07-21-2011, 07:27 AM
As of today, I’ve been active on this site for exactly two years. Big deal, right? I know, it seems longer, but bear with me. Yep – on July 21, 2009, I introduced myself as Freddy, ending a three-year lurking period. In my first post ever, I wrote, and I quote:

“I find it challenging to think of things to add to the posts on this site, but I’ll keep trying.”

Since that unenlightened moment of understatement, I’ve written about nearly everything under the Sun and Moon (as it relates to crossdressing, of course). Almost all of the time, I have no idea what I’m going to write about, or why I’m going to take the time to do so. Needless to say, all of this rambling prose, masquerading as meaningful topics for discussion, has been a highly personal yet beneficial catharsis for me. I write purely to relax, and MtF crossdressing is my favorite subject – the roads of thought branch off in all directions, and the possibilities are seemingly endless...

I’ve set in motion, often on a whim, threads about civility, deviancy, virility, perversions, premature birth, burning bridges, facial hair, shaking hands, hands on hips, transvestophilia, and phallocentrism. I’ve asked you if it hurts much, who do you think you are, where are you coming from, do you identify with your mother, and do you think you’re special (?). I’ve even offered discussion itself as a topic for discussion! Also, certain misunderstood words or terms, like conformity, non-conformity, crossdresser, transvestite, transgendered, masculinity, femininity (as we understand it), tolerance, and GAY have been endlessly debated on these premises. BTW, I AM a transvestite, so there will be no further discussion about that!

Sometimes I have something I would like to write about, in a peripheral sense, so I look for a thread where I can “place” it. This must bewilder a few members, since I post in unexpected paragraphs or essay-length dollops of verbosity. I apologize for my wordiness, but please don’t take me too seriously - I often “riff” off of someone’s words and hope for the best. My motto is, “why write and submit three words, when I can write three paragraphs that say exactly the same thing?” Like everyone else, I write to find out who I am, WHY I am, what I wish to be, and what I do not wish to become. Since I am a chronic work-in-progress, these pithy discussions and their attendant "conversations" are reassuringly invaluable to me...

I’ve often told relatively new members that this is the best place to get genuine information about crossdressing, no matter what form it may take. Simply being among other closet dwellers, successful CD “ladies,” 24/7 transgendered types, and transsexuals on either side of SRS, plus a GG or two (or three), for a completely different perspective, provides a valuable education that is devoid of the clinical aspect most literature on the subject invests itself with. That last sentence wins the Marcel Proust award for length and comma usage! What I’m trying to say is I’ve learned a lot here, no doubt about it...

So, is there anything left to discuss about MtF crossdressing? Of course there is, but I’m stumped at the moment. I’ve seen the same discussions over and over, but I always enjoy revisiting a topic to try to come up with a new “angle” on things. There are a few things I would like to discuss, but I’m not sure how well they would be received, so I balk – I get the feeling that this is not the place for “heaviness,” after all. Since MtF crossdressing carries certain connotations with it (fair or unfair – you be the judge), I would like to discuss latent homosexual tendencies that may or may not be apparent in some of us. I’m also trying to wrap my head around the idea of being “little,” as opposed to being gregarious (or outgoing), but this is not an easy concept for me to write about or discuss. Add to this a curious idea relating to gender incorporation called syzygy (definition #2) – you can look it up...

Male behavior is something I know a lot about, and I like to “stick in” my ideas on the subject here and there with the appropriate trimmings. Anyone (read: male) who is angered by my opinions can post their own, but you need to realize that, even though I “play” at being a girl, I am very much a male, and I struggle with that unalterable fact. Crossdressing has helped me to reduce my male “footprint,” and turn me towards a more effeminate being, i.e. a “me” I can live with. I need to look back from time to time and see where I came from, or if the male is gaining on me, and I write about that as often as I can, as nicely as I can. In a larger sense, I need reinforcement in my ongoing endeavor to replace “him” with “her,” and it’s not easy, my friends. In many ways, being male is an affliction, and crossdressing is the therapeutic, yet habit-forming drug I treat it with...

Everyone on this board has tales to tell, and I am no exception, but my paltry stories are not, cannot, or never will be as interesting as YOUR stories. I try to make up for this obvious deficiency with my philosophical dissertations, hopefully clear enough to follow and seen as some odd form of entertainment. I’m not qualified to discuss familial issues, nor have I ever had any actual problems crossdressing per se (I’ve never been “caught,” for instance), but I protect my CD’ing very carefully. I very much know my place around here, and that happens to be the lowest rung of the MtF crossdressing “ladder,” hanging on for dear life, staring down into the bottomless pit of normalcy as the wind blows up my skirt...

I told a dear friend the other day that I’ll be here as long as I can find topics to write about, or, failing that, writing for the sake of the “Writer’s Society,” the only society where I’m accepted! I thank you all for putting up with me these past two years. As soon as this record heat wave ends in the Midwest, my brain cells might start working again – lately I’m feeling frazzled, physically and mentally, and this is beginning to creep into my collective sentences. With that in mind, please take everything I say (I mean write) with a grain of salt, or the whole shaker (or bag) if need be, OK? Like everyone else, I’m just trying to fit in around here and find a comfortable place to BE. I enjoy the company immensely, and I mean that most sincerely...

Oh, I almost forgot the "punch" line, for all you fans of brevity...

Can you think of any topics we haven’t discussed in this section, or is there anything else you think we should discuss? :thinking:

I know I’m repeating myself, but thanks for reading! As usual, my train of thought made too many stops... :doh:

suzy1
07-21-2011, 07:50 AM
From a fan of brevity [yes, me again!] I have to admit I read all of your post today Freddy.
I know what you mean but it’s not like that is it?
It’s a bit like having a good conversation with a friend. The conversation could cover the same topic you talked about with someone else the week before.
Or this time you might have a new slant on the subject.
The same subjects will always come up again.
I like to join in. So do you don’t you?
So let’s just go on and on. Having fun and encouraging others.
This is a long post for Suzy!

hugs

Iskandra
07-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Simple.. Forget about crossdressing.. Write about life, discuss life, discuss it's every facet, every nuance, every shade of grey..
Don't discuss the reasons why and how 'we' crossdress, just discuss life being crossdressed.. Feelings, emotions, experiences, etc..
"I woke up this morning and put on a pleated skirt,sat at my workbench and was inspired to create an amasing piece of art". Discuss the art, what is means and why it means.. Life is full of wonderous things not shared often enough. The media has created a world where we are to used to reading, hearing and seeing the negative that it has become the norm..
Share and discuss the wonderous, not as a male, not as a female, nor TG, simply as one human being to another...

And I dare say the writers society is not the only place you are accepted.. I know I havn't been here all that long, but it looks to me that you are accepted and have a place of belonging here...

Kathi Lake
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Freddy,

Like Iskandra said, write about life. There's more to life than a "what color panty" thread (much more!! :)), and life doesn't stop when we slip out of our pumps or put the dress back on the hanger. People are complex creatures - those with our proclivities, doubly so. Write about how and what you feel, because chances are good that it will resonate with at least a portion of us.

Are there those that will skip on by a "Freddy Post?" Sure. However, there are some among us here that love your posts, and read them in their entirety.

I guess you have to ask yourself; are you writing for us, or are you writing for you?

Kathi

drushin703
07-21-2011, 05:23 PM
thanks fred:

I asked some crossdressing friends of mine at a local bar I frequent on saturday nights why they never, never ever watch the drag
shows which to me are both comical and mildly entertaining...The answer was common with all.They said that they thought that
drag queens, whatever their level of transition, thought themselves better than JUST crossdressers..Employ your great understanding
of word usage and discuss this conflict among us that should not but obviously does exists.Are drag queens the graduate students
to us freshmen?I know little about makeup, hardly anything about matching colors, nothing about choosing wigs, but I know that
pantyhose feel good on my shaven legs....Discuss why we sometimes feel inferior....dana

Frédérique
07-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I have to admit I read all of your post today Freddy. I know what you mean but it’s not like that is it? It’s a bit like having a good conversation with a friend. The conversation could cover the same topic you talked about with someone else the week before.

Thanks for reading the whole thing! I just wanted to mark the occasion of being here two years with a hastily-constructed OP. I know what you mean, though – new members arrive on a regular basis, and they have probably never been in a discussion about crossdressing issues before now. It’s fun to “tell the tale,” and try to make others feel at home…
:)

"I woke up this morning and put on a pleated skirt, sat at my workbench and was inspired to create an amazing piece of art". Discuss the art, what is means and why it means.. Life is full of wondrous things not shared often enough.

I’d much rather describe the skirt, but I know what you mean! My presence on this site is an ongoing search for others who share this “wonder” about seemingly uninteresting things. I think the best posts are written along the lines you have described, and the reader makes a connection. Art is very similar, and it, along with the pleasure of crossdressing, isn’t easy to describe to others...

I guess you have to ask yourself; are you writing for us, or are you writing for you?

Both, I would say, but you can only write about yourself, or your own experiences. I suppose all you can really do is write about what you’re doing, what you’ve already done, or what you’re thinking of doing next, but from time to time I like to wonder why things are the way they are. Someone may be thinking the same thing, and, once again, you find out you’re not so alone…

Cynthia Anne
07-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I think everything is in order here! So all I'm going to say is HAPPY ANIVERSERY FREDERIQUE!:)

busker
07-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Frédérique, yes, absolutely. there are many things yet to be discussed. And, I would like to see more women join in the discussions. The problem with only CDs doing the writing is that it is almost all self-reinforcing. I think the philosophical bent of your threads turns off some, but so be it. I too get bored with the "what color" threads, though some times there are interesting comments even in that kind of topic.
I too am for the ideas of how being a CD collides with everyday living and the resolutions that sometime creep up unexpectedly. Perhaps we need a "philosopher's corner' for threads that don't solve a problem but encourage thinking about the why's and wherefore's.
Anyway, I enjoy your topics, read them, but don't always respond. Keep writing. Happy Anniversary.

Suzy Parker
07-22-2011, 01:16 AM
"Is there anything left to discuss?"

I'm thinking, give me a minute. Nope, I've been here a week and have pretty much taken care of that. LOL

Chatty Suzy

t-girlxsophie
07-22-2011, 03:21 AM
From a fan of brevity [yes, me again!] I have to admit I read all of your post today Freddy.
I know what you mean but it’s not like that is it?
It’s a bit like having a good conversation with a friend. The conversation could cover the same topic you talked about with someone else the week before.
Or this time you might have a new slant on the subject.
The same subjects will always come up again.
I like to join in. So do you don’t you?
So let’s just go on and on. Having fun and encouraging others.
This is a long post for Suzy!

hugs

Hows the writers cramp Suzy,that was positively enormous :devil:

Sophie

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
07-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Thank you for verbosity. I try to keep my writing down to a minimum because I'm always hearing that someone gives me an open mike, its going to be long night. Your writings are thought provoking, interesting and are sometimes comical with a dry sense of humor. Congrats on two years and, PLEASE, PLEASE don't ever stop writing. Your thought processes and writing may rub people the wrong way but sometimes we need ruffled to get a better picture of where we are and where we're going. Thank you for being on this site.
As always
Hugs;
Phylis

Shari
07-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Although no English major myself, you have been a refreshing change from most of the butchery that goes along with writing a post on this forum. What some here do to the King's English actually makes me shiver.
Your sentence structure, use of punctuation and especially spelling are exemplary. Add to the that, the insightfulness and the thoughts you provoke, make your posts one of my favorites here.
Keep 'em coming, but please, please don't ever go to the "which bathroom do I use" thread. The groundhog days of the color panties are hard enough to deal with.

noeleena
07-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Hi.

Frederique.

Theres two things ,some of us cannot write becaue of dyslixsa what ever. cant spell. for me its a major . two im a woman so do have other things in my life , tho we are parted Jos & i for now , , we have our family , & our grand kids 9 of now as of 3 weeks ago , a bonny wee lad of 9 1 / 2 lbs name of albron if the spellings right it is.

As A male your on the score im not never was or can be you see there is a difference not one of wont its about can not . it refers to relateing to.male.s something i canot do tho i have tryed even with my male background its still a delemer to me , i understand some things yet. well yea sure not all of what that entails.

You can write & put details & idears down on paper = here. not so easy for this kid . so there are things we are different in.

if we can compliment build each other up . like I tryed to with in our marrage of Jos & i then thats what im working for or striving for . to help each other. as i do on our womens forums . & on our trans forums as well.
I belive its about acceptance of each other even tho we are so different.

...noeleena...

Melanie Sykes
07-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Everyone on this board has tales to tell, and I am no exception, but my paltry stories are not, cannot, or never will be as interesting as YOUR stories. I try to make up for this obvious deficiency with my philosophical dissertations, hopefully clear enough to follow and seen as some odd form of entertainment. I’m not qualified to discuss familial issues, nor have I ever had any actual problems crossdressing per se (I’ve never been “caught,” for instance), but I protect my CD’ing very carefully. I very much know my place around here, and that happens to be the lowest rung of the MtF crossdressing “ladder,” hanging on for dear life, staring down into the bottomless pit of normalcy as the wind blows up my skirt...

Freddy, your posts are among the most fascinating and interesting on the forum, and you're by no means on the bottom rung of any ladder. Neither are any of your offerings 'paltry'. You're a fine writer, who manages to express aspects of CDing very commonly felt and encountered by the rest of us, but which we often cannot find the words to articulate. You are very, very much appreciated here, and long may your dissertations continue - whatever you choose to write about in the future.

I love how a breeze beings a skirt to life!

TGMarla
07-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Panties! Let's discuss PANTIES!!!! No one ever discusses panties! Or how 'bout we delve into the topic of whether we pee standing up or sitting down? That's always scintillating conversation. Oooh! How about pantyhose? We never talk about that!

Ummmm.....that's about it, I think.

Fractured
07-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Unfortunately I do not read many of your posts, Frederique. Even though I find your posts thoughtful and thought provoking my eyes strain to read the font style and size you use. I have yet to find the motivation to enlarge my browser or copy your post to a text editor where I can read it more easily.

Brevity can be both a blessing and a curse. Most novels and movies can be broken down into a few short sentences but it is the expansion of the idea or theme into scenes and chapters that allows more vivid imagery to truly bring something to life. I would much rather read a paragraph about how a puppy cannot stop bouncing around a room when someone comes in compared to reading "The puppy was excited."

JenniferR771
07-22-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't always have the stamina to read your musings to their conclusion, Freddy, but I enjoy the zyzygy, indeed, the juxtaposition of the yin and yang. The man, who is yet soft and sensitive, as a woman. Unfrozen Custard, indeed--let it remain so. I only made it to July 5. When my tired eyes recover--I shall soldier on, or not. I may even read a few paragraphs of your crossdressing stories. Are we ever going to see the creative side? A painting or three? Not that I am not curious as to the color of your panties.

ReineD
07-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Is there anything left to discuss? Absolutely! It's like school. Subjects are introduced and throughout ensuing years, they are studied at ever greater depths, even throughout the course of a lifetime. :)

marny
07-22-2011, 10:41 PM
you left out fishing

NathalieX66
07-22-2011, 10:51 PM
If you can, tell us about your experiences being out in public, if you do go out.
That's always worthy information.
I try to tell mine, even in digital photo.

sometimes_miss
07-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey, Freddie, one of the great things about emulating women is that we get to discuss a whole lot of things, ad infinitum, to no particular end. Just look at all the redundant threads that have been closed and a new one reopened on the same subject, with all the (often same) folks posting again and again. After all, there aren't a lot of people we can discuss this stuff with. So, we enjoy it here. Now, how about a thread discussing why women 'get to' wear the comfortable clothing and we're stuck with drab stuff. Yeah, that will be new. Haven't seen that one discussed in a while.

Ava McGhee
07-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I haven't been here long enough to grow bored with yours or anybody else's posts... I actually rather enjoyed this one. Like many here have already said, there's really nothing wrong with posting the same stuff over and over again, as there's always at least one more person who would appreciate it.

So... here I am, saying the same thing others have said. I added nothing and only made my presence known.... AAAAHHH!!! abandon thread! ABANDON THREAD!!

dawnmarrie1961
07-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Just when you thought it was safe to post again along comes, what we think, is a sequel to the thread we saw six months ago. Our first thought is most probably: “Hasn’t this topic been covered already?” Then we read the new post. Suddenly it gets us thinking about the subject matter again in a totally different way and we find ourselves learning something we didn’t already know.
Isn’t that wonderful!!

SusanMarie
07-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Freddy,
You are quite the word smith. I throughly enjoy reading your posts. Just keep allowing your thoughts to flow to your fingers.
:hf: