PDA

View Full Version : Oilfield CD

Annajose
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi, i work in the oilfield, even when we are now very gender diverse we are still a very conservative and macho environment. I feel that all ny CD has to be under my very manly attire and apearance. Anybody else in this type of environment. How do you handle it?
Thnks

Staci G
07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
I sell cars to the public. No way can I dress . I doubt the public would understand

Karren H
07-21-2011, 02:58 PM
I work in underground coal mining. And I wear a corset every day and long nails and light makeup and I just don't care what others think. Except my wife! Lol.

Ashley83
07-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm an explosives engineer, working in the field every day, and ALWAYS under dress. Sometimes, if i know its gonna be hot, ill skip the bra, but panties everyday. also, shaved legs yearly, and never a bad word muttered while wearing shorts to work. A few co workers have asked the first time they noticed, but when I tell them its for riding my bike (40% truth ;-) ) they never say another word

Leslie Langford
07-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I sell cars to the public. No way can I dress . I doubt the public would understand

Let me go out on a limb, here, Staci - do you by any chance sell Volkswagen Beetles, Mazda MX-5's, Minis, Ford Focuses, Honda Fits, BMW convertibles, or any of the other typical "chick-mobiles"? ;) :heehee:

Barbara Dugan
07-21-2011, 06:56 PM
I work on an oil related field, but I never underdress or try to take Barbara along to the daily workday to myself this is mental torture, I just want to be her not my male side with little reminders of her, again its just my very own personal experience.

Eryn
07-21-2011, 07:09 PM
There are times when discretion is the better part of valor and that includes my job. Panties, unadorned Levi's women's jeans, and women's athletic shoes are about as far as I can push it.

Phoebe Reece
07-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Although I am retired now, I spent 20 years working in the oil fields of Saudi Arabia. That was definitely a place where normally my crossdressing was restricted to the house I lived in. However, once every few years there would be a Halloween party where I could go dressed and mingle with my coworkers in the compound we lived in. I also got involved in amateur drama where I played female roles in a number of comedy plays. So far as I know, all my friends and coworkers regarded my dressing for those things as just one big joke. I think of it as hiding in plain sight.

Cynthia Anne
07-21-2011, 07:49 PM
AW Shucks! I don't work no more! I just sit in the yard wearing my dress watching the neighbors go to work!:drink::D

Leslie Langford
07-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I work in underground coal mining. And I wear a corset every day and long nails and light makeup and I just don't care what others think. Except my wife! Lol.

Sure, Karren, and I betcha you tell anyone who asks that the corset is just a fancy back brace, and the long nails and make up facilitate scrubbing off the coal dust once you re-emerge on the surface of the mine.:heehee: :eek: :doh: :tongueout

Barbara Joanne74
07-22-2011, 12:43 AM
I work as a paramedic/firefighter. We all change in the morning in a locker room plus I am on our Dive team so I have to be able to strip down to get in my dry suit if needed in a hurry. There is so much machismo in this work Barbara only comes out on her days off. No underdressing for her at work

brandi.tgurl
07-22-2011, 02:35 AM
I also work in a traditionally male dominated, macho, conservative industry. While the diversification is amazing, my position has certain expectations - CDing is not one of them, go figure. Anyway, i've recognized for quite some time, how much of a part of me crossdressing is. I've underdressed nearly 100% of the time for over 5 years now. While I always wear panties I don't always wear bras, as they would be too obvious in my current environment, however, I used to wear them too when I worked in a more solitary role. I do, however, wear sports bras/tops and women's tanks or tees. undersressing allows me to feel like me, but still present as an acceptable professional at my job.

Annajose
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Many thanks for your answers, I do some underdressing as well in partifular when I am in the office or travelling (when I take my red heels and skirt with me). I guess The idea of going further with my dressing will have to wait a bit more.
It is however very encouraging to see how many of us are there.

Kate Lynn
07-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Sure, Karren, and I betcha you tell anyone who asks that the corset is just a fancy back brace, and the long nails and make up facilitate scrubbing off the coal dust once you re-emerge on the surface of the mine.:heehee: :eek: :doh: :tongueout

It's the only time Karren wears pants :eek:

RADER
07-22-2011, 12:40 PM
It's the only time Karren wears pants :eek:

Yes; and I bet they are Jeans. LOL
Rader

Nikki A.
07-22-2011, 04:29 PM
In car sales also, can't be too obvious but it's a small casual dealership and I do slip in a bunch of my nicer stuff at times.

steph1964
07-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Law Enforcement- Although we have several female officers, and even recently some openly gay officers (something that wouldn't have been accepted a couple of years ago), it is a very macho and unaccepting profession. Underdressing isn't an option because I have ended up in the emergency room on more than one occasion.

MsKimiko
07-22-2011, 05:22 PM
i work as an electrician and am always afraid my panties may show when i am working down low. hehe

nicolecdgal
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I work as a police officer and change twice everyday in a locker room. I can totally relate to it being difficult to underdress at work. However, I simply now wear either black or white or and dark solid tones (save my flowery prints and lace for home). However, there were many times in the lockerroom that I just didn't care. I would occasionally wear a bra with breat forms underneath my ballistic vest, pantyhose, painted toe nails and always shave my legs. Nearly got caught once. I would wear the pantyhose and bra underneath my jacket when I got into the locker room. I picked a locker in an area where I knew if someone entered, that I would have a chance to "cover up" quickly to not get caught. One time I was standing there in just my bra with inserts and pantyhose reaching to grab my pants and i heard the door open. I panicked and nearly fell down. I ran down the hall to the bathroom and went into a stall. Not sure if they saw anything...they never said anything. I stopped underdressing for quite some time...today it's just panties and painted toes. God I hope I don't get hurt where they have to take off my shoes in public! I see you work in Portland. I worked for PPB for 8 years and transferred out of state recently. I have always wanted to meet other police officers or firefighter/paramedics who dress up...so much in common!

nicolecdgal
08-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Steph...I too am in law enforcement working for an agency in the east valley in Phx area. Could we have chosen a less tolerant career for being accepting of being a crossdresser???!!! I have some underdressing stories for you! Wonder if I am half crazy! Thank god I wasn't dressing when I was in the ER after getting injured. Could never live that one down! I'll have to send you a private message!

Gillian Gigs
08-23-2011, 02:34 PM
I have worked in a smelter and in the oil patch, both are macho environments. You just learn to do what you can, when you can. Both of my main 2 working environments, had and have major issues with the type of apparal that you are wearing. All are related to fire, flash over and burning, no one is allowed to wear any kind of synthetics on these job sites.

Michaela42
08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
It is really not so much my profession that keeps me from pushing the limits as it is my coworkers. One job I worked my pantyhose were noticed, but other than a few polite questions nothing was made of it. In my last job there may have been more questions and some awkwardness if my underdressing was noticed, but probably pretty accepting. The job I am in now is, well, there are a lot of "macho" men so I limit my dressing to my panties and hosiery (depending on my footwear of the day). I have no doubt that if I were to be discovered that I would have to move on and find a new job, but at the same time I will not let their hang-ups keep me from wearing my private choice for undergarments.

Rita C.
08-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I am a contractor for the U.S. Forest Service, I have equipment for the wild land fire fighters and I have been on a number of forest fires and I dont think that a fire fighter after a long day on the fire line would under stand a crossdresser in camp. So I keep Rita in the back ground until after the fire is over.

suchacutie
08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
For the most part I keep my gendered selves separate. There are some things that have to be compromised to do this. My eyebrows are gaining a pretty fair arch, and they are thin, but they seem to be under the radar screen. I do wear panties most of the time, and male thongs when I'm completely in male mode (skin fungus sensitivity, and Dr. suggested keeping the "briefs" small). When I wear jeans, they are all women's jeans since my wife hates the fit/looks of men's jeans on me. I agree with her :).

With those exceptions, I find it rather stimulating to keep the edge of having two gendered selves. I very much like the differences between them and do not want to mix them any more than I have to.

:)

LisaKarenAZ
08-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I work as a consultant in the IT industry. Underdress with panties everyday, but that's the limit as I have to maintain a certain image for the clients.

Glad to know that there are some CD sisters in the local law enforcement. I'll know who to call if I get in any trouble while out enfemme. :)

Kittyagain
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
There are certain panties that are hard to tell from stretchy male undies. Sam's club has some that are very nice. Niji I think but the label takes glasses to read. I will go look if someone needs to know the name forsure. Just watch the color.

My wife said her excuse for me would be, "He wears what I put in his drawer or he can wash his own clothes."
It is so good to have a great wife.

Kitty

Paulette
08-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I spent over 33 years in law enforcement and underdressed in panties for almost 20 years of that time. I kept my legs shaved and used the excuse that the doctor ordered it for my dry skin. You can get so much more moisturizer in bare skin than hairy.

mercterr
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I am also in law enforcement. I never underdressed as a uniformed officer as we changed daily in front of each other and the risk of ending up in the hospital with your clothes cut away was very real. I also nearly burned my own pants off kicking out a road flare. Fire and polyester do not mix. In a plain clothes assignment I could under dress but the atmosphere in the office was very aggressive and testosterone fueled. I did't feel I could keep up with the banter and had a harder time fitting in with the guys if I was under dressed.

BLUE ORCHID
08-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi Anna, 40 years in heavy petroleum Orchid stayed home no room for her on the job.

Orchid

Lori B
08-23-2011, 06:24 PM
................................. :heehee:

erickka
08-24-2011, 05:53 AM
I work in a mom and pop marine repair facility, and in the winter months I fully underdress (except for my forms) because there are many days that I can leave early and go clothes shopping! Also, hose and tights help fend off frostbite from a poorly heated shop area. On the other hand, nada in the summer....Just plain too hot to wear anything extra.

P.S. Lori, that pic you posted is really making me realize how old I am!!!LOL

Jay Cee
08-24-2011, 06:05 AM
I work construction, and I do little things that help me keep my sanity. Things like a pink coffee mug, girly type pencils, polished toenails, and so forth. Oh, and black panties, of course. :) I haven't had too much in the way of comments, but I'm sure some folks notice. I figure it's not harming anyone, so who cares?

noeleena
08-24-2011, 06:08 AM
Hi,

A tradesman builder & joiner both as male & female no prob's there. & self employed tho i am retired now i still do a little & i just dressed appropriately ,known as wendy the builder.

& have been with St Johns training as a paramedic still womens wear. as is according to our dress code. uniform .

...noeleena...

Tora
08-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Is there a trend here? Do we choose a profession to mask our less than Macho, inner self. I did. At 60 years young, there was not alot of good data available to us before Al Gore invented the internet. Thank you to this site and its members!

Gina738
08-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I am also a Firefighter/Paramedic with a specialty in HazMat, underdressing or dressing in any way would not cut it. I save it for my days off and soon to be retirement.

kimdl93
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Gosh so many macho jobs. I work as a health care consultant - mostly with women. When I worked for a hospital system, I always underdressed, but wasn't - I thought - outwardly obvious. But for some reason I got along splendidly with the women (most of them anyway) and one even gave me the nickname Marta - as if Kim wasn't girly enough - because she said I was just like one of the girls!