PDA

View Full Version : dressing all the way

LoriAnn_CD
07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
When I started dressing as an adult, I was satisfied with slipping into some panties or bra - whatever. Then I was not satisfied without adding hose and skirt and blouse or dress. shoes then makeup and wig. Now if I don't have time to fully dress, I just don't bother. It is all or nothing for me. How do others feel
Love to all
LoriAnn

kendra_gurl
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Exatly the same for me Totally or not at all

Karren H
07-21-2011, 02:52 PM
If I can't devote at least 6 or 8 continuous hours to it.... I wont even start the process.

lindseycdg
07-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I like to slip into panties and a bra, but nothing beats doing the whole works, lingerie, dress, hose, shoes makeup!

RenneB
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I've gotten the whole process down to about 45 minutes. Dress down takes about 20 with full shower to remove everything and pack up the wardrobe. The nails are the longest. Although I can get them on in about 10 minutes, the clean up is the hardest.

When my time alone is limited, I'll throw on the forms, bra, panties, and a nice summer dress with hose and heels. That makes me feel comfy. When I have even less time, like say 20 minutes, I'll wear a spandex t-top with forms and just be happy with that.

Renne....

betty1253
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
You know LoriAnn, if something is worth doing it is worth doing it right.
For me its all or nothing.

Betty

Samantha43
07-21-2011, 04:34 PM
It's all or nothing for me. I'm like Karren. If I don't have 6 or 8 hours to do it right and then enjoy it, I don't bother.

sissystephanie
07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I wear panties and a bra almost every day, but as an Insurance Sales person I cannot be dressed comletely enfemme!! So if I am going out on calls I am in drab outerwear!! Otherwise I am totally enfemme!! And since I am somewhat retired, enfemme is more likely the way I am dressed!!

joanna4
07-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Same, all or nothing. I only get dressed once or twice a month at best. If time is limited, I work on my makeup techniques.

Kathryn Philips
07-21-2011, 05:50 PM
I have 2 modes. Face-Only for admiring myself in the mirror or fully dressed. Partial dressing does nothing for me, and under-dressing even less...

TGMarla
07-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah...for the most part, I'm an all-the-way woman, or not at all. I've gotta agree with you.

NyssaF
07-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Partial is fine by me, but that probably isn't a surprise. I don't do a wig nor makeup, so some would say I am always only do it part-way.

lynn_lynn
07-21-2011, 06:05 PM
once I start bringing the body hair down to a controlled level. I least do some modeling or make up play once a day.. even if its for a 1/2 hour.. Last night I got all silly with make up cause the heat was melting stuff and I didnt feel like saving it. In 4 hours I went from Liza Minnelli to Gene Simmons< or a very scary Cher depends on how you look at it.. :p

Suzy Parker
07-21-2011, 07:14 PM
It's always dressed to the nines for me. When I do get the opportunity to let Suzy out she takes control and I really have no say so anyway so I just enjoy the ride.

Phoebe Reece
07-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I am pretty much all or nothing as well. If I'm going to devote 2 hours to getting ready I expect to be dressed for at least 6 hours and usually a lot longer. The main exception is if I am planning to go out the next day, I might spend some time trying on different outfit combinations just to decide what I'll wear. I don't dress just to hang out at home. If I get all dressed up I'm going out somewhere.

Barbara Dugan
07-21-2011, 07:51 PM
All or nothing for me

Cynthia Anne
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
All the way is best for me! But never without some!

Jeanna
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Put me in the "All or Nothing" column too.

Jenniferathome
07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Funny, I was telling my wife this the other day. It's all or none because I dont want to be a guy in a dress.

Jocelyn Quivers
07-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Too much time and effort is devoted to the final end product. Another all or nothing here.

NathalieX66
07-21-2011, 08:46 PM
All or nothing .......no cheating here.
It's a way of life for me. That's the package you get with me.
But I must caution that this is what works for me, and maybe you out there are different, so be it.
I'm not into a comparison game.

Loretta
07-21-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm in the All-or-Nothing camp as well.
Occasionally, I'll wear heels around the house, but almost every time I dress, I go all the way- Panties, Hose, Skirt, Bra, Breasts, Blouse, Heels, Makeup, Nails, jewelery, then wig. It just doesn't feel as nice or as feminine when you half-ass it.

suchacutie
07-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Transformation is to my feminine side, named Tina, who then takes over my life, so it's a complete transformation externally and internally.

I have one odd exception:

If I'm out of town for a week, as I am usually twice a year, then the rule is that Tina takes over as soon as she enters the hotel room. Out of the hotel room it's my male self, but in the hotel room, since I'm alone, I mentally transition immediately, and then the physical catches up :)

tina

StacyCD
07-21-2011, 10:50 PM
I rarely get to dress completely with makeup and a wig so I have to be satisfied with partial dressing. At night I sleep in a satin nightgown with a bra, forms and panties. A lot of the time at home I'm fully dressed without makeup or a wig. The only time I bother with makeup and the wig is when I'm planning on going out. However, we're all different.

KrystalA
07-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Every morning when I get out of bed, I put on a fresh pair of panties and a bra with my forms. Sometimes I stay that way, sometimes I go all the way. For me, it isn't so much how I look, as it is how I feel, and sometimes just the panties and bra are enough.

Paula_56
07-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Yes, same here, I must make the transformation, in fact I use to dress at home and work from home but now I really need to get out. They only time I dress at home is try new looks and outfits

erickka
07-22-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm another all or nothin' girl too!

Dawna Ellen Bays
07-22-2011, 05:55 AM
I don't get may dressing opportunities, but I'm in the "all or nothing" camp. The only thing I'll occasionally skip is nails (I use press-ons), and I don't wear perfume...

Vintage4sarah
07-22-2011, 06:06 AM
I agree with all of you wonderful women that need to make the full commitment. To be the women inside, I need to see that complete image in the mirror. The downside is it takes time, the plus side is the satisfaction that you have attained the look and most of all feel.

Cathy J
07-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Whenever I dress it is all the way including tucking or not at all. The amount of time on make-up varies with the time available, but always lip stick at least! No amount of time is enough for this old face, but I keep trying, LOL. Anything else does nothing for me.

Hugs,

wanagione
07-22-2011, 06:54 AM
As I have said before, I'm Amy all the time in my head. I wear female underwear all the time, When I can't do the whole thing I'm still wearing girls jeans or shorts. I wear mascara also.

Tina B.
07-22-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm all over the board on this one, I will settle for just panties, or some days get lazy, and throw on a top and Capri's and let it go at that. Other days it has to be the whole thing for the whole day, just what ever gets me threw the day. I'll take what ever is available.
Tina B.

Teri Ray
07-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Count me as an "all or nothing girl". I just wish my "all days" were more frequent.

LoriAnn_CD
07-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone! I wonder if Jenniferathome said it all - I just don't want to be a guy in a dress!
Love to all
LoriAnn

Sandy Banks
07-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Same here, had the same progression and now it's all or nothing.

CDPheobe
07-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Since my wife and I have two daughters I need to watch out when I dress up. I can dress partially or all the way. Even if I'm just wearing pantyhose, I'm happy. Besides, my wife knows already and does not mind. Yesterday she came to my place to spend the night. We live in separate places due to family out of work and room to sleep at night. So when she had text me she was on her way to my place, I was already dressed. Wig, boots, tights, dress, etc. I met her at the side gate, walked a few steps beyond my gate so I was in the open, and gave her a hug. She was so paranoid that a neighbor or worse, mom would come out and see me. It was late at night and I told her I don't care if somebody sees me. She lost her paranoid state soon and I asked her if she wanted me to take my wig off. She said no, just during sex. Everything else is fine. She just does not want to stare into my face with a wig on. Makes he feel like she is with a woman which she is not into. She said she is used to it and if she felt uncomfortable, she would say so. Dressing up has its time and place for me.

Stephanie47
07-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm in the must have at least six to seven hour camp. I'm way past clock watching. Since I drop off and pick up my wife from work, I do not have to worry about her interrupting me. Unfortunately my wife is off the summer months. I have not dressed since mid June. It hasn't bothered me???? I cannot figure out why this year is different than others. Maybe it's because I know Labor Day is coming and I'll be able to be en femme again. She is also taking two out of state trips. I love those times-24/7.

I get absolutely no sense of stress relief unless I am totally en femme or at least needing to slip into the last garment- a dress. I love lounging in a sexy slip, bra, panties, garter girdle with hosiery and heels plus wig and makeup.

Debra Russell
07-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Panties all the time - thats all I have - other than that it's all or nothing, if Debbie gets out she is all out ............Debra

Stephanie Michelle
07-22-2011, 11:04 AM
I usually dress except for makeup when I am home (time constraints). Been spending 3-4 nights at girlfriends, so it is no as often as I wold like.

Farrah Rose
07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
well im starting to change. I use to be fine with just wearing panties etc., but now since i only dress about once or twice a week (due to work) i fully dress dress in an outfit, panties and bra, wig, shoes and makeup.

Darlene-VA
07-22-2011, 11:44 AM
For the last 20+ years it has been totally dressed for me, I just wouldn't be me doing it half way.

t-girlxsophie
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Apart from underdressing in fem undies.At home I always go for it,apart from days im having full body shave it usually quite a speedy process,about 30 mins.,No better feeling when im in Full Femme mode.just feel incomplete in anything less

Sophie

Nikki A.
07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm in the minority here I guess. At home a skirt andtop is sometimes enough. Outside I'll do a little mix and matching. If it is a Nikki day and I'm doing make up then it is all out. I caught myself walking the dogs one morning and realized I had not a piece of male clothing on. Shorts, top, sneakers & undies all womens dept.

Kerigirl2009
07-22-2011, 02:57 PM
For myself I only wear panties everyday, most of the time I am wearing a bra or cami under my shirt. Womens ankle socks.
I have recently found a eyeliner that is so close to the color of my eyelashes (coffee color) so I have been wearing that for about the last week, Only my wife has said something. But she has not noticed that I have my toenails painted(vanilla white)
I would so much rather go all the way but I am only out to my wife, so my kids wont understand yet.
I have also been wearing womens shorts the last few days, love the look although I am starting to look more like an efeminate man on a daily basis, but I like how I look.
Its kind of funny that as I go about my day I am very comfortable seeing others but when I have to interact with a man I get uncomfortable because I get nervous that he will notice and then act as the alfa male. I feel very very comfortable around women though. I actually feel like I belong.

ReineD
07-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Now if I don't have time to fully dress, I just don't bother. It is all or nothing for me. How do others feel
Love to all

The next step, after you've perfected the complete look to the point you feel you can blend in the mainstream (which is entirely doable for most CDers), and after you've discovered that the CD police won't come after you when you do go out (:)), you'll discover that it is boring to get all dressed up just to stay at home. If you have a SO that you dress with, eventually you'll get bored with just having one person who knows your feminine side.

Although my SO dressed privately for a number of years. we almost never spend any time dressed at home any more. Most of the time we are out doing stuff, or she dresses to go out and do stuff on her own. If you're not there yet, it may seem as if where you're at now is all you'll ever need, but I've noticed in my relationship and by reading other posts in this forum that dressing fully alone does get old too.

I can't help but wonder sometimes if eventually the bar might raise more (living FT for example), although I'm not saying it is a bad thing if it does. Like most people here, it is also difficult for me to imagine how I will navigate changes that haven't occurred yet.

JustineFallow
07-23-2011, 06:30 PM
When I still lived with my parents, I used to be satisfied with clothing only, as in no wig, makeup or breast forms. I never had the guts to buy my own wigs (except the party store ones, which sucked) and I was always afraid of being caught in a situation where I wouldn't have been able to get my makeup off in time (or leaving tell-tale traces). Once I moved into my own house I went all the way with a vengenace and found ever since that doing any less feels like a waste of time; even new hosiery, my favourite aspect of dressing, just doesn't give me the charge it used to unless I'm completely dolled up. The only exception is fake nails, which I can take or leave.

Fab Karen
07-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Remember the old song: "when you dress as a woman, it's no good unless you dress up All the Way" :D

AmandaJ
07-23-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm finding more and more that...more is better. Feel like I'm going further and for longer more often now.

Stefia S
07-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I prefer to dress all the way if I have 4 or more hours to be enfemme. For me my desires have shifted from articles of clothes to presenting as a woman on public. My reason is that I'm seeking to be fully accepted in expressing my feminine qualities - the most complete and satisfying way to do that for me, is to blend as best I can.

Audrey34
07-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Usually I dress completely. When I'm feeling lazy and not quite in the mood I'll slip on undies, pantyhose and a bra and just laze around the apartment in that. Except in the summer. I have an old black dress (with a small hole in the skirt portion, I won't wear it to my meetings) and I'll slip that over my head and wear that, usually with no hose and sometimes no wig either.
-Audrey

StephanieC
07-23-2011, 07:54 PM
If I'm pressed for time, I like to get in a little makeup practice.

bridgetta
07-23-2011, 07:54 PM
i think im bored of it.. i want to do it with someone. .or go out or something. my girl cant handle it,,,

Natalie_393
07-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I love to dress up fully anytime but in the summertime it's hard to have all that on especially pantyhose and tights which are my favorite things to wear, So In the summer I try to wear alot of dresses there more easy to wear and it's cooler but once winter comes it's tights and everything else.

Angie G
07-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I often just wear panties when in guy mode. But I do love to dress all out.:hugs:
Angie

Nicola
07-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Underdressing, or just a skirt and maybe tights, depending on time and circumstances, is fine for me.
I never fully dress anyway and I don't do hair or makeup.

boardpuppy
07-23-2011, 10:31 PM
My progression is about like everyones elses, however I haven't made it to the all or nothing stage and need 6 or 8 hours of fem time to enjoy myself. I take what is given and enjoy it the best I can.

cuban124
07-23-2011, 10:34 PM
i agree with kendra_gurl

Suzy Parker
07-23-2011, 11:07 PM
i agree with kendra_gurl

Exatly the same for me Totally or not at all

That makes three of us. When Suzy gets to visit its always her way, all the way, or no way.

prene
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
i use to be all or nothing.

Now I can be satisfied if I just feel like I am feminine underneath.
Like attached forms, corset and control top panties.

But then again many times I want to be very feminine.

.... depends on my time.

PretzelGirl
07-23-2011, 11:14 PM
I generally don't go all the way unless I am going out. My inner self doesn't need the make-up and if I am staying home, I only spend a lot of time on my hair or make-up if I am practicing something. Otherwise the hair just gets brushed out. That is probably linked to why I don't take a lot of pictures. It is a frame of mind thing for me and not a complete appearance thing.

Jennifer811
08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I happy with a skirt and panties and a bra it's a great way to do house chores.

BLUE ORCHID
08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi LoriAnn, Aside from underdressing it's all the way the Orchid likes to be a lady.

Orchid

Duana
08-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Interesting how it seems to be universally an all or nothing crowd. Not this cat.

I love dressing all the way but I love dressing more. My SO packs me a bag every morning with shoes, clothes, bra, wig, jewelry and lipstick. I change after work and drive home that way. It is the highlight of my day. I change in about 5-8 minutes, in the car.

I'd never give up this pleasure because I don't have nails or makeup on. I'm much happier CDing daily than full-on but only weekends.

It makes ME feel awesome and I'm not interested in what anyone else thinks.

I often go out with much less. I routinely swim in our apartment pool with pink toenails, shaved legs, ankle bracelet, girly rings and a bright pink string bikini bottom. Everything else is boy. Kendra and Amanda are throwing up right now but I don't care. I don't pass even after a $765 makeover so what difference does it make?

Embrace the unpassable. I did and I'm much happier.

Robyn2006
08-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Like most who have responded, it's all or nothing for me. Fortunately, I'm now able to jump the gender fence nearly every weekend… and to the nines, thank you very much. And that I'm now on vacation, it's been 24-7 for days now! :kiss:

NicoleScott
08-02-2011, 04:31 PM
There have been times when, unable to dress completely, I have slipped off alone to feed my fetish for lipstick and high heels, but other than that I'm all or nothing. I like over-the-top makeup and dress, and for me that means shapewear, pantyhose/stockings, dress/skirt/top, lots of makeup, fake eyelahes, painted nails, dangly glittery jewelry, flowery perfume, high heels, wig, headband, and (always last) lipstick. I love watching the transformation in the mirror as it happens, so I take my time and enjoy the process. I really need a minimum of 3 hours (4 is better) for everything: prep, transformation, photos, enjoyment, put away (ready for next time), and clean up.

Angiemead12
08-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Im mixed, I can do all or nothing and have started to try the half way look :) But any works for me, although I wish I had time to go all the way all the time!

Amanda Styles
08-03-2011, 02:03 AM
As I have said before, I'm Amy all the time in my head. I wear female underwear all the time, When I can't do the whole thing I'm still wearing girls jeans or shorts. I wear mascara also.

I'm pretty much with Amy, I am not out to anyone other than the people on this forum my two ex wives, and one life long GG former girlfriend,
(and any of the bots that are lurking, hehe ), plus I have to still earn a living.
Female undies,always, 90% time girl's shorts in the summer, no body hair below my eyebrows.
I really hate shaving my face, wish it would just go away, (guess it could if I threw substantialy $$ at it).
I do routinely wear a little mascara.
Sometimes I forget I have it on in drab and rub my eye(s), then come home and it's like yikes!
I have a couple of lipsticks that are not blatently obvious that I use sometimes.

:)

"To thine own self be true"

sometimes_miss
08-03-2011, 02:56 AM
I keep in mind that GG's don't always go hog wild putting on all the make up, nail polish, etc.. all the time. Sometimes I 'go all the way', sometimes I don't; sometimes, just bra, panties, casual skirt, top and wig, and watch TV or read. I don't get to leave the house, so it really doesn't matter, as long as I feel the way I should......normal. for me, that's what it's all about.

Megan70
08-03-2011, 03:25 AM
All or nothing here too.... only honest way to be myself. Otherwise I'm not complete. Oh.... also added to this and I wonder if other girls are like this is that dressing fully , I HAVE to complete the task by going out public for 3-4 hours ro make my work worth while. No sitting home looking in the mirror after all that primming and makeup, its a waste..

countrygirl
08-03-2011, 04:24 PM
For me once in awhile bra and undergarments but for the most part all the way. If I feel like make up included just do not have a wig. Oh well maybe one day.

zorianacd
08-03-2011, 06:02 PM
All or nothing. For me, it's about the illusion. Half assing it does not make for a pretty picture in my mind. I need to get dressed and have a place to go. I'm better with makeup which has helped a lot, but I can do better.

t-girlxsophie
08-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Can scrap my original answer to a certain exrent.I spent today (was a really hot day) dressed only in undies,mini skirt and pink t-shirt (no nylons),I just put foundation on,instead of the whole routine,and wig but it felt just as nice and feminine as it does when im fully dressed and madeup,my wife thought too that i looked quite modern :)

Sophie

jennCD
08-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Even if it was for just an hour of 'me' time, it was almost always done for the 'big picture'... tho I will admit often times, I would skip the stilettos just to save me a little effort!

:)
jenn

Maria 60
08-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Before i joined this site i never had a real wig and when i would dress it would be like half dressing. Now the first thing i put on is my wig and i am not Maria without it. This site has changed me i wear more jewelry now. The only thing i don't have time for all the time is make up witch takes a little longer.