PDA

View Full Version : Came out to the boss!

Charleen
07-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Yeah, she and I had a nice talk yesterday. Her reaction was basically "So what else is new"? She's seen me do a female pirate this past Halloween, I have worn mascara, long hair, long and polished nail and long hair for years. She's cool with it!
No that doesn't give me licence to dress at work. I'd never do that as I deal with the public, but it sure is liberating!!!:D

Cynthia Anne
07-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Good for you Charleen! It's always nice to be able to share things with someone you respect! Hugs!

Charleen
07-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Hugs back Cynthia! She's more a friend than a boss!

Carroll
07-22-2011, 08:13 AM
My boss has known for a while. As a matter of fact everbody in the store knows about me. I have gone to work dressed doing an overnight shift. My bosses have both told me I am more than welcome to come to work dressed as long as I wear dress-code approved clothing. I keep chickening out, but I am going to give the store a challenge; If our store can get a 98% or higher on our customer satisfaction rating (those surveys the Sears ask you to do), I will dress for a week (or maybe just for a few days!). Of course I am going to wait until this heat wave is gone

Kimberly Long
07-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Way to go Charleen I feel that sometime in the future if someone said anything you will have someone on your side.
Love Kimberly

Charleen
07-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I'D go for it Carroll!
That was my thinking Kimberly.Head'em off at the pass! This is a small town and word gets around!

Stephenie S
07-22-2011, 04:55 PM
As you move further and further into this you will realize that, with exception of your spouse, your family, and perhaps your pastor, not many other people will give a sweet flying pattootie what gender you present as or what you wear. (Oh, and your boss. Your boss cares what you wear.)

Stephie

Raychel
07-22-2011, 06:03 PM
That is awesome Charleen, But what I understand, I would not have expected any other reaction from her. But it sure must feel nice to get that all out in the open. No fears of the boss finding out and freeking.

Congrats on this huge step. :hugs:

Charleen
07-22-2011, 06:28 PM
It sure is a new freedom. Hasn't changed a thing between us maybe made our friendship closer!

Raychel
07-22-2011, 06:38 PM
That is awesome Charleen, Congrats on the new found freedom.

Charleen
07-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks Raychel. It's amazing!