PDA

View Full Version : I smiled . . . .

Anne2345
07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
As some of you know from previous posts, I finally summoned up the courage to begin receiving professional pedicures with polish earlier this year. I now regularly patronize a solo nail salon owner/nail artist that has been in business for close to 15 years. During that time, I am her first and only male client she has had that requests polish (kinda says something about the type of community I live in, huh?). She is absolutely wonderful about it, though, and makes me feel at home in her salon.

This week has been very stressful. Too much work, too much this, and too much that. Just an all around bad week.

Two pedicures ago, I asked her if she had a specific color (OPI's "The One That Got Away") that I was interested in. She has a ridiculously large collection of colors (I am like a kid in a candy store there!), but she did not have that color.

Earlier today, I was really stressed out, trying to prioritize, organize, and make a dent in my workload, when out of the blue, completely unsolicited, I received a text message. The message was from the salon owner, and it said "Look what I got in the mail today!!!," immediately followed by a picture of the polish I had asked about two appointments ago!

I could not help but smile! A really big, cheesy smile, actually. How absolutely sweet of her! And for a few moments, I just sat there, smiling at that simple, unsolicited, completely out of the blue random act of kindness, as all of my stress was temporarily washed away and forgotten!

Her kindness did not solve any of my problems, but it sure made me feel much better! :)

Wendy_Marie
07-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow...she sounds fun...!

suzy1
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
That’s the type of thread I like to read Anne.
You see your salon owner helped you to get your priorities right………. right?
Love ya, SUZY

"Mary"
07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
That's so great. Time to make an appointment.

sissystephanie
07-22-2011, 01:57 PM
I assume you have made an appointment?? That is the kind of salon owner you always need, but seldom find. I go to a salon every 2 weeks to get both a manicure and pedicure. The salon that I go to is fairly large, and does have other male customers. But I don't think many, if any, of them get both manicure and pedicures and certainly not with color as I do. The girls who do my nails are always the same ones, and they won't let anybody else touch me!! BTW, often I go there dressed totally enfemme wearing a skirt or dress, but of course with no wig or makeup!!

Torrey
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
That is totally awesome. That kind of service is just so lacking in today's society. I'm sure she has won a client for life, so to speak, just for caring.

I'm happy for you.

Hugs,
Torrey

Debglam
07-22-2011, 05:45 PM
That is just too cool!!!

Ava McGhee
07-22-2011, 06:00 PM
That is honestly one of the coolest things I've read here so far!

No, it might not solve any of your problems directly, but just that act of kindness can take the pressure off and let you deal with what's on your plate. This board needs more posts like this.

Cynthia Anne
07-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Anne, I'm so happy for you! Knowing that your'e smileing makes me feel good too! So give her a big hug for me too!:)

Darlene-VA
07-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a wonderful lady, reminds me of the woman who does my nails she is so kind and always tells me I have some of the strongest nails that she works on and there are so many of her clients who can only dream of having that type of nails. So not only is she professional and pleasant she makes me feel good about myself with every visit, and I am one of her best tippers but she deserves it.

Alice B
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
That is an extra effort by someone that you have made a positive impression on. I get my nails done on a regular basis and have taken to bringing in my own nail polish for what I want. This works well and often have to tell them where I got it.

larry
07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Say thanks for me. NIce people are what we need.