PDA

View Full Version : The light at the end of the tunnel.

Wendy_Marie
07-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Sitting around the house today doing nothing special when the phone rang and on the other end was my former Supervisor from a job I held for two years as a transportation driver.

Some may recall how I left that position when the company closed the entire transportation division down and my former supervisor then offered me a position in her newly started company...?

Anyway, I decided that if I were going to go back to work with and for her,I was going to come out to her about my desire to transition which I did.

Well, while she didn't respond negatively to this idea at the time,circumstances led me to believe that she wasn't all that comfortable with the idea...so after much thought on my part.... I declined the position and decided to head for other options and greener pastures......never did find the greener part.

When the call came this morning the first thing she said to me was that she has no problems with me being Transgender, or with my desire to transition...but as our clientel is mainly underaged children who currently reside in Foster care....she has to make certain that the childrens well being is best served first...I understand and sympathize with this and assured her that I would have it no other way.

She then asked me what the status was on my transition and I told her that currently it was at a standstill due mainly to my needing gainful employment to afford the costs of Doctor visits, HRT drugs etc....to which she responded by saying that I was one of the best transporters she had worked with and asked me if I wanted to come back to work for her.

I thought about it for a few minutes and decided that yes...going back to work for this person would be a good move for me right now...especially with the economy being what it is.

She has no problem with my transition goals and asked me only to keep it as low key as possible....She prefers that for the time being I do not dress fully enfemme on the job right away..which is fine with me.

I asked her what we were going to do in a year or so when certain things became to obvious to ignore...too which she responded.."That is something we will deal with when the time is upon us." She also said that my position with her company would not be in jeopardy because of my gender and my transitioning... either now or in the future.....this made me feel very happy..:D

So I should be back to work within the next couple of weeks...couple of weeks only while I await the acquisition of a new vehicle for my use.

A little light is to be seen at the end of this tunnel afterall.

sissystephanie
07-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Wendy, you may yet become a full time princess!! I am very happy for you that this opportunity has come up!! Your supervisor/friend sounds like a very nice lady, and I am sure you will do well!! My prayers are with you!!

suzy1
07-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks Wendy, another story with a happy ending.
There are some good people in this world and your former supervisor seems to be one of them.

SUZY

Karren H
07-22-2011, 03:04 PM
And congratulations over here Wendy! Lol.

Shelly Preston
07-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Congratulations Wendy its sounds like you hae a long term job there :)

Meredy
07-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Sounds like a great Job, congratulations! Your supervisor/boss has given you the chance to be yourself, something that not many have the chance to experience.

Not many get the chance to truely explore or become all that could be, wether it be SO or occupation. Good luck to you!

Stephenie S
07-22-2011, 04:47 PM
What a wonderful opportunity!!!

My advice? With a supervisor like that, go full time immediately. You HAVE to do this eventually, and here is someone (your boss) telling you it doesn't bother her and that she will be supportive. What a golden opportunity.

What do you want, dear? An engraved invitation from the Queen? Go for it. Having a solid job history with this company as female will go a LONG way toward establishing your new identity. Did I say, "Go for it?" Don't drag your feet dear, and don't let the door whack you in the behind on your way. Go.

Stephie

Cynthia Anne
07-22-2011, 06:29 PM
:)It's great to see Wendy smile again! You go girl! You deserve it! hugs!:)

Alice B
07-22-2011, 06:35 PM
That is a great result for someone that stuck to their guns. I wish you a long and happy life in your transition and career.

danielle40I
07-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Wendy, should you feel any spirituality, give thanks for the fortitude and bravery you posess as gifts from a higher power. We never know when what seems hopeless becomes possible. Congratulations for being you...no matter what.

CarlaWestin
07-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Back to work with a compassionate boss. That's just fantastic!

AliceJaneInNewcastle
07-22-2011, 10:26 PM
It's good to see that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't the headlight of an oncoming train for a change. :p

Wendy_Marie
07-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks one and all...yes I am happy and excited as I can be.

Going full time right now just isn't an option that I am ready to take for personal reasons...
We actually discussed (albeit briefly) this idea and while she is open to my tranisitioning to full time down the road a bit...she asked that I continue to present male for the time being.
I told her that my goal was to begin living full time within a 1-2 year period and this was sa goal that she was open to.

She is a new buisness woman and I want to be a supportive employee...she is taking enough of a chance starting a new buisness in this economy to start with and as I am getting in on the ground floor of this venture it may prove to be a very good oppurtunity for me as well.

Wendy_Marie
07-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Just got the word from my former supervisor....who as of monday morning will be my new boss. I will be back on the highways of Missouri making money on the job.

Can you tell I am happy....I mean does it show?

kimdl93
07-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Congratulations, Wendy. What a load off your mind (and bank account). Its so encouraging also, that your once and future boss has been able to look past her aprehensions, recognize your value, and accept you as part of her team. Given time and your steadfast loyalty, she could become one of your greatest supporters.

boardpuppy
07-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Congratuations Wendy, score another one for the home team. Yes, this is coming from up the road a little. It's good to see things working out the way they should.
Alice

Rianna Humble
07-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Can you tell I am happy....I mean does it show?

Nope! :p

Seriously, though, Wendy I am so pleased for you! You gave your soon-to-be-boss the space that she needed and she has come up with the right answer.

I think that you are right to be considerate of her desire for you to take things slowly whilst she is establishing the company - especially as she has said that when you do go ahead, she will not let it affect your employment with her company. Your new boss was also right to be careful if her business will have a lot of interaction with vulnerable children - not because you pose any kind of threat, but because it would only take one malicious complaint to jeopardise the whole thing.

Looks like you have found yourself an employer you can respect and work together with to make this a success. :bighug:

Wendy_Marie
07-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks one and all...I have to give credit where credit is due and this forum and it's members have had as much an impact on me and my desire to step up and take such a chance towards living my life and acheiving my goals.

I hope I can someday be as inspirational to others as you all have been to me....:love:

Cynthia Anne
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Wendy Marie! You are an inspiration! And I'm proud as hell of you! I will:drink: one for you to night to celebrate your success! Hugs!:)

Karren H
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I see lights at the end of the tunnel all the time.... Just means were leaving the coal mine! Lol.