PDA

View Full Version : Out to my mail lady and she made me feel great!!!

jamie louise
07-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I finished with my guy chores around the house early yesterday and decided to get dressed. I spent some extra time doing my make up and really felt proud of the job I had done. Later that afternoon I decide to go out to check for the mail. Just as I got about 10feet from the mail box the mail lady turned the corner and was heading for me. I stood there like a dear in headlights. Well she stopped at the box so I said what the heck, walked up to her and asked her how she was doing. She said fine and did not give me a second look. Then she handed me the mail and said that was all she had for us. Then all of a sudden she stopped, looked at me up and down an said," You sure do Look nice today". I of coarse, said thank you and we parted ways. This sure made my day and week. I guess I am out to her now.

Louise

Suzy Parker
07-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Well sort of, you were outside with her. If she does not know you then maybe she really did think you looked nice and had no idea. Anyway, good for you.

Karren H
07-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah!! I think she was hitting on you!!

ReineD
07-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I of coarse, said thank you and we parted ways. This sure made my day and week. I guess I am out to her now.

Louise, do you go out dressed regularly? My SO and I do all the time. Most people we run into don't know she is a genetic male, but the people that we interact with directly, SAs or restaurant personnel, do. We tend to go to the same places and we've gotten to know several of the employees well. People do tend to remember us. :)

Anyway, no one has ever said a bad thing to us. I don't know what they're thinking of course, for example I don't know if the young woman at one of the cafes is just happy knowing someone who lives on the edge (compared to mainstream people who do not present in a gender other than birth), or if she really thinks it's cool and would date a CDer if she met one her age. Or perhaps just knowing my SO is helping to dispel any of the CD stereotypes she may have believed in before talking to my SO on a regular basis. I don't know if the stone-faced, yet polite owner of the business embraces this either, or if he is being polite because we are customers.

I don't know if any of this matters to my SO or if she spends any time thinking about it. I think she is happy, like you, that people are not being outwardly rude and some are friendly. I like to think that very few people would be rude, or at least they haven't been to us. But, I'd love to know what they really think or whether or not they would be best friends with us, if they lived next door.

I'd love to know how my SOs coworkers would take it, or if our friends might feel uneasy just knowing. Maybe none of this matters and I am over thinking it. :p

Cynthia Anne
07-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey girl! way to go! BUT, don't show up as a male tomorow! She may think you are a crossdressing female! Hugs!

Loretta
07-23-2011, 12:55 AM
I dunno...

Would this be a case of a forcibly-nice SA?

Pritysteph
07-23-2011, 01:01 AM
I know My mail lady has seen me from afar. I think she knows something is up when we wave but never speak.

Jane G
07-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Well sort of, you were outside with her. If she does not know you then maybe she really did think you looked nice and had no idea. Anyway, good for you.

LoL Suzy I hate to point out the obvious, but she handed over the mail. I think she kinda new who she was handing it to. Sounds like a briliant little encounter.