PDA

View Full Version : A busy day this week

Rachel_740
10-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi Girls,

I've got a busy day coming this week.

For the last 3 months or so I've been trying to find somewhere that will do laser hair removal for me. You can phone most of them and they will happily book you in for a test patch without even asking which part of the body you want worked on. As soon as I volenteer the information as to where I want to be treated, up until a couple of days ago the answer was either we don't do that area, or we'll have to get back to you - followed by we don't do that area.

A couple of days ago I rang somewhere (in my ever increasing circle from home) and they actually said yes, they can do it for me. The area in question - my genitals, in readyness for my op next year.

I've also booked this test patch for Wednesday 09:00 (that means getting up about 05:30 so I can tart myself up and get to this first appointment in Bristol. A few weeks ago I made an appointment to see my Dr. in London this Wednesday at lunchtime. From there (on the way home) I'm going to drop in to see one of my aunties, who I have to give something to (she has seen Anne once).

Depending on how long I stay with her I expect to be home either early or late evening.

Anne

Kate
10-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Good luck with it! :)

I am curious though - everything I have read suggests laser is a very poor substitute for electrolysis. Is that not the case in your experience?

Kate.

Rachel_740
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
It depends on both skin and hair colouring. The best results are achieved on a patient with fair skin and dark hair (as I have). Laser is very in-effective on blonde hair.

I have already had laser treatment to my face and although it is not completely clear of hair, most of the dark hair is now gone. (I am going to have a test patch on my face using electrolysis this week too - see how painful it is and how effective it is, as I still have light hairs on my face that I can't see them but I can feel them). My alternative is to go back for some more laser but it is expensive.

The other issue with laser is (being fairly new technology) a good clinic will tell you it is not permanent. I believe this is open to debate, as I have heard of girls having it when the technology was first available (about 10 years ago) and they still have good results and no hair growth. Perhaps someone here may have first-hand experience to tell me this is either true or rubbish?

Anne

Rachel_740
10-09-2005, 03:30 AM
I remember the days of being envious of those who could get laser as it was dictated by skin tone, but along came the mid 90s and that requirement went the way of the buffalo.

Poor buffalo:crying:

Caitlyn
10-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I have read somewhere that laser isnt truely permanent, and that you need to go back years later to have it 'topped' up. I have also heard that grass doesnt grow on a well used foot path, but concidering that electrolysis cannot be performed when things become inverted, is it not better to err on the side of caution and have it done 'properly' before hand? I think laser is wonderful and I am having it on my face to 'clear' as much as possible, but im still going to use electrolysis to finish up.