PDA

View Full Version : What has the weather done for your dressing?

diannecourtney
07-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Well I have finally had it with these temps. So today I decided to get fully dressed, forms and all and do I feel good! A new skirt (with tummy support) a blk & blue stripped tank top, that hides the bra straps and forms just beautifully and 4" heels. Oh is this the outfit to do the ladies chores plus mowing the lawn Dianne says arousing yes to all but the man's chore.:):):)

Crissy Kay
07-23-2011, 07:35 AM
With the really hot weather around here lately, I do not feel like dressing that much. Even with the AC running, pantihose gets too warm for me to wear for long!!

Danielle Gee
07-23-2011, 07:47 AM
With the really hot weather around here lately, I do not feel like dressing that much. Even with the AC running, pantihose gets too warm for me to wear for long!!

You are sooo right on Crissy. I was actually up at 6 am and dressed......By 7:30 I was peeling off my clothes and washing the makeup off my face.

Even tho the thermostat says 74 I'm sweating so badly It ruins the mood! I can't say I love wiinter, But it's the best season for "dressing"

Debb
07-23-2011, 07:49 AM
^^^ edited to add: I've always felt that September is the best "season" to dress -- I don't have to cover up my pretty clothing with a jacket or anything.

I hate hot / humid weather. It destroys my hair, and let's just say a sweaty face doesn't work so well with makeup. It means I gotta dress indoors, and stay indoors. :(

Karren H
07-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Nothing really. I don't dress up much in the summer. Just too damn busy!

Nikki A.
07-23-2011, 08:23 AM
This last week has been miserable. I dressed on Sunday and for church, wore a longer skirt, knee-his because pantihose would have been too warm. By the afternoon I couldn't wait to take off my bra. Ladies I gotta hand it too you for what you put up with to look good day in dy out.

Tina B.
07-23-2011, 08:39 AM
We don't have a summer here really, our average summer day is 59 to 64 degrees, so I dress the same year round, winters are in the high 40's to the low 50's, same things work all year around. One of the advantages of living on the north west coast.

Suzy Parker
07-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Move to Oregon

http://www.movingtoportland.net/images_graphics/BC_Sunblock.gif

jamie louise
07-23-2011, 08:48 AM
I still dress every day even though I am in Florida. But then it's cooler down here right now also.

NinefoldBloom
07-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Heat makes me not want to wear much of anything, let alone go outside.

I'm hoping to be done with this weather in a year. Maybe moving to Northern California or Oregon as Tina and Suzy suggested. :)

suchacutie
07-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Like Karren, it's hard to dress in the summer with so much to do. But...most of that is outside, and when it's suddenly 100F being outside is less exciting (and potentially dangerous) so last night I did my nails and in a few min I'm going to start a whole day as Tina! Yeah for heat and AC :)

sissystephanie
07-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Move to Oregon

As a previous resident of both Portland and Seattle I second Suzy Satin's idea!! I now live near Atlanta, Georgia and we have had very hot weather for some time. Right now it is 1034 AM and the temp is already 83 F !! But I still dress enfemme, wearing short skirts and tank tops that hide my bra. Those clothes are much cooler than my male clothing!!

diannecourtney
07-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Boy, or should I say girl, speaking of striking a cord, high temps is it. I do have AC so dressing is not a problem now that I have a great house to my self. Oh, by the bye I did my ironing in the 4" heels and had the greatest feeling in the legs.

S. Lisa Smith
07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't dress in the summer. I am sure if I did, I wouldn't be dressing this summer. It is just too hot!

LisaTaylor
07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
It's been hot enough around here that I've spent the last few days in a bikini - and staying in the shade.

Samantha43
07-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't dress much in the Summer. It's too hot, I'm too busy and I just don't have the desire.

Cristi
07-23-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't dress to 'go out' during the Summer. It is just too hot for all the makeup, pantyhose, etc that that would require.

It is also the only time of the year I don't enjoy my long hair. It tends to stick to my back and make me even hotter around my neck. Lately, I've been holding it all up in a big bun on the back of my head with a large clip.

But what I DO like about this weather is that I own a few things that are so much cooler than any 'boy' clothes could ever be. During this heat wave, the first thing I do every time I get home is strip down and get into a short light cotton dress, well above the knees and sleeveless. That, or a tank top and short skirt, are my primary way of trying to stay when it is over 100 outside!

Dressing is pretty minimal this time of year though. It is usually just too hot for a bra and forms, though I may add a sports bra to the outfit since some of the ones with a good 'wicking' material can actually be cooler than going without.

TGMarla
07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
All I can say is "Thank God for air conditioning!" Like Cristi, I don't go out much in the summer, unless it's in the evening when it's cooler. And since my wife is usually home in the evenings, I don't generally get the opportunity. So I'm a woman of the great indoors when the temp goes up.

SabrinaDubh
07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I hate the heat and I hate summer. I don't dress from July - September because I just melt away. Winter is my time to shine!

Stephanie47
07-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Move to Oregon

Or western Washington State!

Michelle James
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Now that I am 24/7 (about 98% of the time) I just take my lead from my SO. When it's hot she wears mostly capris and tees. I do the same except sometimes I will wear a skirt. No pantyhose or girdles tho. Just way too hot. Always sandals, just gotta show off those toes. LOL

Debra Russell
07-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Oh well I live in Oregon west of portland and I love to dress in the summer--no cover ups sweaters or coats, just light weight clothes and sandals..........Debra

Stephenie S
07-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh I love the warm weather. Light flowing skirts. Tank tops. No bra. Sandals. I just love it!

RADER
07-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Way to hot to wear a bra on under dressing, so BA-humbug on hot weather.
Rader

ShirleyConnors
07-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes, it is hot but sometimes you just have to do it. I got dressed last night and it was 92 outside. I did my makeup in stages, let everything dry between applications. It took a little longer but it was worth it. Also, beings I was going clubbing I wore a dress, my forms along with an all in one girdle, hip pads, pantyhose and a black slip as the dress was very sheer. I had a wonderful time, did not get overheated and my makeup stayed put.
Do you think our wive's or girlfriends go to the office without makeup? I know mine doesn't.
I've also heard that I can't dress in the summer as I can't shave my legs. Well, I started shaving my whole body some years ago and no one ever says anything. We are the ones that care...not our friends and the general public.

StaceyJane
07-23-2011, 01:24 PM
It's really cooking outside but I can't go too long without dressing up and going out. I'm off Monday and I'm trying to think of something fun to do en femme.

carhill2mn
07-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I have several "warm weather" dresses which are the coolest things that I have to wear. Loose skirts and a light top are also good. Fortunately, I do not have trouble with my makeup running. Wearing a wig can be a bit warm but some are lighter than others and then there is the great a/c!

Sharon B.
07-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Usually I'm too busy to dress like the way I want to but I have done it a few times and stayed in the house with AC on. I hope the fall of the year isn't hot and humid like it has been for the last couple of months.

rachaelsloane
07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
We're not the heat in No. CA like the east coast, but now with a tan, I do not have to wear pantyhose which makes for being dressed more comfortable.
Rachael

Carroll
07-23-2011, 05:54 PM
no dressing in this heat for me

Michaella
07-23-2011, 05:59 PM
It's a problem. The weather calls for sleeveless tops, low necks, and no nylons. That's not something I can do outside, so the dressing will have to be private only.

Michaella

Audrey34
07-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I rarely dress when it's this hot. The last time I did dress (2 weeks ago) I wore a sundress, my black flats and no hosiery. My support group was meeting at another member's house for a lovely dinner party. In spite of the temperatures I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I must admit though, wearing a wig in 85 degree heat can be a challenge!

Loni
07-23-2011, 06:30 PM
like rachaelslone says it has be on the cool side here in Ca this year. even in the so called hot central valley. so lots of dressing time now, but next year? how many night's it will never will get below 100F.
but then a number of years back it was 90F on the coast at 2:am. big heat wave.
and i melt at 80F so long live the ac.
now if i could just grow my real hair so i will not have to have a wig on in the heat. (sadly my Dr will not prescribe that hair growth pill for me).

but yes a skirt or shorts out side mowing the weeds (no real lawn), still have pail white legs.

eluuzion
07-24-2011, 03:59 AM
I just wear my LBD, nothing else. I worked on my millionith "do over" of my sundeck cover. 10'x20' second story sundeck, covered with sailcloth floor to top rail for privacy and outdoor carpeting. It faces south, so I have created my own George Foreman Grill, lol.

My problem is I have two slider doors from my office to sundeck and my office is like a furnace! Laptop/surveillance monitors, stereo all pushing out heat...plus the sun beating down on the sliders. I have titanium window tint, big air conditioner, a flat overhead shade framed and covered with sun screen netting and I still cook in here. Temp out on deck today was 112F. All the heat radiates into my office. The rest of the house is 70 and it is 78 in my office.

I could move to another room, but where is the fun in that? I like looking out the slider doors. Tomorrow I am going to move the "Scarecrow" (motion activated sprinkler head) from its duty as a "peddler punisher" in the front of the house back to my sundeck. (I am at war with squirrels that insist on eating my swing covers on the deck! I figure it will be multi-tasking...scare away squirrels, birds will trip it and it will cool the deck, I can trip it when I am lying in my hammock cooking in the sun. :battingeyelashes:

I just put on a tee-shirt when I stand upright on the deck. Neighbors can only see me from the waist up. My hat and sunglasses cover the rest. I spend a lot of time duck-waddling around on the deck so people can't see me, lol. It is like navigating a mine field. One squeaky deck board will set off a barking tantrum by the obnoxious wiener dog next door. :brolleyes:

Hey this CDing is tough work, but somebody has to do it, right?

“Summer, summer, summer...
It’s like a merry-go-round”

I love the “Cars”...

Carry on Citizens...:hugs:

:love:

prene
07-24-2011, 04:06 AM
i do not dress much in the summer.

I love wearing a corset, attached forms and control top panties and they can be to hot.

Love the winter... more forgiving

PretzelGirl
07-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I can hear all the FAB ladies laughing loudly. :laughing:

Myself, I just dress cooler. I am a heavy sweater (no, not the kind you wear) so I have been playing a lot with make-up application and what works better for me. Not doing too bad so far. But I am a minimalist when it comes to make-up, so I naturally wear it as thin as I can get away with and still get the desired coverage and look.

Schatten Lupus
07-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Only thing it's done it slow down my workout program. My parents swimming pool feels like a hot-tub, and I've only managed to go on a couple of walks, at much slower pace than normal, to avoid heat related illnesses.

Shelly67
07-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Well summer has been a total let down so far which hasn't made much difference as for some odd reason I've never really had the urge to get dressed .
I do find it too uncomfortable at times in the heat . But now I'm itching to grab the chance , was planning to over the next few days . Lo and behold - it's apparently getting quite hot for the next few days ruining the chance .............. b*gger .

barbie lanai
07-24-2011, 07:49 PM
No pantyhose for this girl. Just nice flowing dress, slip, bra, panties, & sandals. Make up & wig required though.

StarrOfDelite
07-25-2011, 12:59 AM
I love the hot weather for cross-dressing. I got a new, strapless summer dress, the kind with an elastic bodice and waste, and full unpleated bottom half, and went clubbing this weekend. I made up my face, brushed my wig, put on a pair of bikini thong panties, pulled the dress on, slipped into a pair of flip-flops, and went bar-hopping for four hours plus. The only things I had on my body except for the dress, wig, panties and flip-flops were costume jewelry and a smile. I had a fabulous time, and was probably the most comfortable person in every joint we visited.

The main problem I had was with my nail polish. It just wouldn't dry, and I had to redo it 2x because i tried to do some other task before the polish had set and bolluxed it all up.

Just an observation: As a rule, Gender women do NOT wear pantyhose in the summer time; they wear knee highs or thigh highs if they wear hose at all. I wear pantyhose in the winter time to keep myself warm when I'm skiing or hiking.

Sarah Doepner
07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Like Karren I've been pretty busy and haven't had much time to dress. I do have A/C in the house but by the time I get done with all the things I've been working on outside and shower I'm just too tired to get pretty. Besides that I've banged my legs up so much there are scars all over them making long skirts the choice of the summer.

As much as anything it's the amount of daylight that keeps me from dressing. As the days get shorter I'll work a little less outside and be able to clean up and rest a little before bedtime rolls around.

Chrissy.Sexton
07-25-2011, 03:00 PM
I like a little daring-do when I go out. Yesterday morning, I was strolling along a local "riverwalk" area in a micro skirt, peasant blouse, and wedge heels. As it warmed up, I stripped down to white bra and bikini panties. Two woman smiled as they passed and a guy unsuccessfully tried to act like he didn't notice but no one else seemed to care. Everyone seemed to think it was beach ware.

It was all great fun but a little risky too. I need to quit doing that!

Michaela42
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Pretty much stopped it cold, as far as full dressing that is. I still under dress and will occasionally wear a pair of shoes, but this heat and all of that is absolutely brutal on my makeup. I figure "why bother" and will just wait until Autumn comes around to go full out. It is a bit of a pain and bummer, but I do not want my clothing ruined by gobs of melted makeup either.

prettytoes
07-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Cotton bikini panties instead of satin, cotton or thin nylon nightie to sleep in, and short skirts. I also found that a sport bra really helps absorb sweat and keep me cooler when working out (I have to maintain my girly figure!)