PDA

View Full Version : Religous Question

nuffsaid
08-29-2004, 08:38 AM
I know some or most of you have a heavy religious background like me so, have you or do you go to church wearing female garments of any kind.

I once went fully dressed as my feminine side a long time ago and they let me in. It was a church I've not been to and they were all very kind. one of the members showed me around and introduced me to the reverend.

Later that day promised my self I wouldn't go as someone else but me.
Now the line between me and my other half is thinning.

What do you think?

t12117174
08-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Funny how the message of acceptance and love was carried by those who would accept nothing other than the complete acceptance of the two-gender society.

I choose to not label myself in religion, or otherwise. I am me. If you don't like it, tough. :D

Go as you are, however you feel that day. If it's a girl day, go girl, if it's a boy day, go boy. Don't let yourself live your life for other people's acceptance. Least of all your God's.

There are passages in the bible that forbid the wearing of women's clothes by men, but everyone is with sin, so, perhaps those who might judge you should look at their sins first. (don't we wish that actually happens?!)

Perhaps this can fuel your rhetoric.

XO! -t.

nuffsaid
08-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Funny how the message of acceptance and love was carried by those who would accept nothing other than the complete acceptance of the two-gender society.

I choose to not label myself in religion, or otherwise. I am me. If you don't like it, tough. :D

Go as you are, however you feel that day. If it's a girl day, go girl, if it's a boy day, go boy. Don't let yourself live your life for other people's acceptance. Least of all your God's.

There are passages in the bible that forbid the wearing of women's clothes by men, but everyone is with sin, so, perhaps those who might judge you should look at their sins first. (don't we wish that actually happens?!)

You know, some people would view what you said as blasphemy; but I do see your point of view.
The bible has been interpreted so many ways that it’s lost its meaning . (or so I’m interpreting it)

t12117174
08-29-2004, 09:16 AM
I completely agree with you, but I'm not christian and I'm living in a Buddhist country. Everything changes when you look at it from a different perspective. I am much stronger at being me than I was ever before. Studying Buddhism has helped that a bit.

You've got strength and courage. I don't think that many subscribers would go to a church as you did. You go for it!

XO! -t.

babe4life
08-29-2004, 11:09 AM
nuffsaid,

I think t12117174 pretty much hit it on the head when she said
If it's a girl day, go girl, if it's a boy day, go boy Remember: God made you and as long as your relationship with Him is at the top of the list, then I don't believe it matters.

Having said that, I have yet to dare to go as myself! :D Hopefully one of these days though. I think the biggest thing is finding a place where you are comfortable being who you want to be.

Love,

Vicky

Amelie
08-29-2004, 11:22 AM
I think if I went into a church, All hell would break loose, lightening, and fire would fall from the sky.

Armeggedon would begin.

Amelie Laveau

Priss
08-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey Nuff...

Although Iam a religous person myself, I do not have any faith in the bible or organized religons, nor do believe in the concept of 'sin' anymore. I kind of got tired of people bringing up that single bible verse, that barely but doesn't really touch the subject, and throwing that in my face. These days, you really couldn't drag me into a church any way that Iam dressed. I was having a thought though, dangerous and blasphemous as that may be, but...

Would it not be a greater sin, to not present yourself as you truly are? To hide your innermost self from not only the world, but your God?

It's probably not in the bible anywhere, but I'd bet that most who consider themselves religous or good God fearing Christians would accept the statement to be true... The way I see it, God made us this way. Why? Well, only God knows... But if God made us this way, then how could she or he, not love us just the way we are? Living our lives as we were intended to?:eek:

sweetvici
08-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Nuff Said...First; I love your "Name"!! Second; I am not a "Church goer" or a Church Hater. I just believe in a different kind of "Religion" than most. I feel that I am a spiritual person and my basic belief system is entirely based on this; Be Good And look good! Meaning live and harm no one, If you look good, To yourself and others then you are. Purity is given to us all at birth, If we live a pure life and harm no-one then what does it matter what clothing style we choose to present ourselves to the world in??? It is what we wear on the inside that counts. You intend to hurt no-one...Right??? "NUFF SAID"!!!!! Vici :)

Lawren
08-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I've read the whole Bible three times through. I've also spent significant time in church. The overwhelming message that I keep getting is that God isn't concerned about what's on the outside. He looks at what's on the inside. Also, if crossdressing is a sin it's NOT "The Unforgivable Sin"

Tristen Cox
08-29-2004, 03:27 PM
I know some or most of you have a heavy religious background like me so, have you or do you go to church wearing female garments of any kind.

I once went fully dressed as my feminine side a long time ago and they let me in. It was a church I've not been to and they were all very kind. one of the members showed me around and introduced me to the reverend.

Later that day promised my self I wouldn't go as someone else but me.
Now the line between me and my other half is thinning.

What do you think?

Andrea,
Pretty brave. I'm not a church goer in the first place but I would never go near a church in femme. I'd be so uncomfortable that I might get sick to my stomach. This may be for those who are confident and passable but not me.
As far as belief my opinion is that God looks at whats inside not what we look like. My $0.02

nuffsaid
08-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Andrea,
Pretty brave. I'm not a church goer in the first place but I would never go near a church in femme. I'd be so uncomfortable that I might get sick to my stomach. This may be for those who are confident and passable but not me.
As far as belief my opinion is that God looks at whats inside not what we look like. My $0.02

Hi. This happened a long time ago, (during clinton's first term I think). I was very uncomfortable and sat in the back. I kept my head down most of the time and spoke in one word sentences. as for being passable, how many 6' 2" inch girls with a deep voice do you know? I was figured out right away.

When they introduced me to the other members I felt like a circus freak and started to think that I made a big mistake. I stayed because I wanted to fit in as much as possible bacause; as people might deny it, religon is a big part of our lives. for example the simplist thing: how many people have said god bless you or just bless you to someone that had sneezed.

I agree with everything all of you said and thank you for your replys, but the religon thing is something you just can't change overnight.

Val Tan
08-29-2004, 04:36 PM
the most female things i've worn to church are panties/thongs, i.e., stuff that can be hidden from sight..

Glenda
08-29-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm more spiritual than religious. As Lawren said, I think God is more interested in what is on the inside than whether we're wearing a skirt and blouse or a shirt and pants. I can't help but believe than man (or mankind) has always manipulated things the way they do today. I don't believe that all of the books of the Bible are included in our Bible. I believe if we're good then we'll go to Heaven. If we ruin, kill or destroy other peoples lives then we won't.

I can't believe that a gay person will go to hell if they've done nothing other than enrich other people's lives. Good inside counts. It has to. Nothing else makes any sense. Does it? I don't go to church often, but I'm sure that God will accept you any way you come. The parisioners and clergy, some will and some won't. I suspect at some point I will probably go to a church dressed en femme. Somehow it just seems that I should be able to.

Shy Charlotte
08-30-2004, 12:23 AM
I think that it doesn't matter so much what you wear, so long as you dress tastefully. It would be inappropriate to show up in only an elephant thong and a bowtie, so I would imagine that as long as the people around you feel that you're showing the proper respect, they will do their best to respect you.

It also depends on the demeanor of the congregation to which you attend mass. Some may welcome you with open arms, some may welcome you to "cure" you, many may act coldly or ignore you, and some might flat out reject and/or humiliate you. I imagine these sub-groups would also be found in even the most accepting congregation.

Eitherway, I'm most impressed that you found the courage to go into the lion's den.

Elinor
08-30-2004, 02:36 AM
The books were written by old men in a different era. You could like statistics make it prove anything.
God made the heaven then the earth and only then with just a thought had light. God did not make light than had a look around and placed thinks NO he did it in the dark then made the light.

He made man then woman. He should have stopped there but NO he made a serpent who talked good english. Eve was told NOT to eat the apple but the serpant told her to eat it.
Now why did God not tell her NOT to listen to the serpant? Where was GOD? Why did he NOT leave well alone and not make the serpant?

They had two boys who begat everyone of us OH YEAH RIGHT! With whom?
Mother?

Since when did a skirt become womens attire? Greece, Scotland, Romans ect.
Did man stop wearing skirts because riding a horse with pants felt more comfortable?

When did God make and destroy the Dinosaurs?

Would Jesus be welcome in his dress today and would he like to see people starve when the church has so much gold?

I don't think God has enough time to worry about how we dress when his belivers destroy each other in his name.

Did not God make us in his image?
Well nothing I can do about it then.

Just my thoughts girls.
I'll stay out of religion from now on.

God knows what is in my heart! He is good and forgiving or I'm going to hell in a skirt. :rolleyes:

eleventhdr
08-30-2004, 02:58 AM
I myself gave up on so called religion a long time ago. Because what they call or say religion is today has nothing whatsoever to do with what it is really all about. But this I will say and know to be true because I did learn it a long time ago when it was still very important and tnat is the old childrens song's Jesus loves me thsi I know and Jesus loves the little childern and that my friends is truly what it is all about and always will be!. Suzy Ann!.

Lawren
08-30-2004, 03:55 AM
I came into this world naked and I won't take anything out of it. What does it matter what I wear in the interim? The world is full of bad attitudes and we are on the recieving end of that one. Until they change, We'll have to bear the brunt of it. I know we all hate it but what can we really do about it? Oops, sorry. I turned into a bitch for a moment there.:mad: ;) :)