PDA

View Full Version : A little acceptance

mercterr
07-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Yesterday my wife told me she was throwing in the last load of laundry if I had anything to add to it. I asked her if she meant secret things and she mumbled "whatever". I added my lingerie to the load and when I went to get it she had transferred it to the dryer in a delicate bag. She is struggling with my crossdressing and we are trying to find a middle ground on it but this was the first time she reached out to me on the issue in any way. :)

Piora
07-24-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd call it progress. Baby steps are needed sometimes. A little patience is all that's required....on both sides.

joandher
07-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Don't worry, my wife was the same, but eventually they do come to terms with it, as long as you don't start pushing it in her face, my darling wife still blows hot and cold with it, baby steps and consideration is needed.

Hugs J-JAY

BLUE ORCHID
07-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Just take it slow and easy as she accepts it more and more don't be temped to push it to fast.

If you push to hard and to fast you may derail the whole train.
Then the wrecking crew takes over.

Orchid

Cynthia Anne
07-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Those little steps are nice and encouraging! Every little step she takes you may want to show you appreciate it in some kind way! Hugs!

Alice B
07-24-2011, 06:18 PM
That is a good start. I went through the same with my wife and now she thinks nothing about washing my no longer secret things.

mercterr
07-24-2011, 07:11 PM
I agree with you all. Take it easy and slow with her. Easier said than done. I feel like a genie has been let out of the bottle since coming out to her and my family. I did tell her thank you and I appreciated her gesture.

karren G
07-25-2011, 04:13 AM
:):)Take it nice and slow as it worked fine for me , i had a lovely present off my other half last week i was given a nice pink summer dress which i am now wearing as it's hot today, with her blessing. Just take things slowly and don't push it as it's taken me five years to get where i am now , it helps that her co worker has just had a sex change she must have been bombarded buy my wife with questions about my crossdressing but she is fine with it now and supportive so things do get better just hang on in there take it slow.:2c:

Raychel
07-25-2011, 05:24 AM
Great little step. Like everyone else saidm, just take it slow.

kimdl93
07-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Yes, its progress. Take what you can get.

Eryn
07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
It sounds like you've made a small step. Anything that leads to familiararity is good.

ManInBra
07-28-2011, 08:53 AM
I have thought about this issue many times and I remembered that it took me almost 25 years to come to accept myself and not feel the pain, the guilt, and the depression. If it took me that long to accept myself, how in Gods name could I, should I, or would I expect a S.O. in my life (if I had one) to go to bed and wake up the next day and just be all peachy cool with it. There is no way. So this all being said, the time you all speak of that she will very much need to think it over, research, ask you 2000 questions, and then she might start feeling like your telling the truth about things. Best of luck, and we need to remember there emotional situation at the moment they hear or see our deepest most personal moment of our lives.

kimdl93
07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Interesting comment - feeling like a genie out of a bottle. It is a relief not to hide who you are. So, while we all counsel patience, I understand how exhillerating the newfoound openness can be. Good luck.

One tip - keep reassuring and rewarding your wife's growing tolerance. If she likes the "new you" she's more likely to want to keep you!

mercterr
07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Yesterday we casually discussed my underdressing amongst other things (not related to crossdressing). A month ago I got yelled at for dropping a hint that I was wearing panties under my pants. She is unsure of all this and scared of something she won't quite come out and tell me, but she is making slow progress. I'm just trying to be Mr. low key with the whole thing. Great point about dropping this bomb on her and (unreasonably) expecting her to be cool with it the next day. Good perspective to look at it from. Every one else I have come out to has been really supportive. Her opinion means the most to me and she is the only one who is really freaked out by this. Of course she has the most to lose. Thanks for all your support and advise.