PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance since coming out

Jessica Brynn
07-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Acceptance:

Here's my personal account of what has happened since I came out to my friends and family last March.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I had visions of losing friends and alienating family. I had visions of being harassed, or even physically harmed.

Other that an ex-sister in law who publicly and quite verbally attacked me, people seem to be quite accepting. I'm open and honest with everyone I meet. I have painted nails, and five piercings, even in guy mode, so people tend to ask questions out of curiosity. I tell them the truth.

There have been a few people that have said that they just don't get it. This response is completely understandable since I don't get it myself. How can I expect them to?

Some people are not accepting at all, and are actually uncomfortable around me. Two people have said inappropriate things to me. One made a snide comment about my nails, the other called me "half a FAG" to my face. The former backed down immediately when I confronted him. The latter got agitated and insisted on changing the subject. I simply write these people off as ignorant.

Some people act accepting to your face, but you can hear them whispering behind your back. 99% of these people are harmless. Simple ignorance is usually the case. I expose myself to these people to show them that I'm actually quite normal, and not some kind of freak. I will eventually win over a few of these people; Most I will not.

Some people are genuinely accepting. I'm still figuring out who fits into this category. So far I know six people who are 100% accepting and supportive. They have all spent time with me dressed. They make me feel right at home. They make me feel normal. Three of these people are family (Mother and two Sisters). The others are a girl that I've known since I was 14, a girl that I used to work with, and a new friend that I've only known for a little over a month.

There are an additional ten people who could potentially fall into the 'genuinely accepting' category, but I'm not quite sure yet. Sometimes it takes people a while before they show their true colors. I'm keeping an eye on them for sure.

The people that truly accept Brynn have gone shopping, had lunch, and bar hopped with her. They have hung out at home with her, both inside and out. They have had me to their houses for drinks. They have encouraged me to dress up and be myself. They treat Bill and Brynn the same. These people are awesome and I love each and everyone of you. I think you know who you are.

~Jessica Brynn~
- DepresedCrossdresser.blogspot.com -

Dawn cd
07-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Jessica you strike me as a courageous woman who is happy with herself. I admire your commitment to transparency and honesty. Your very presence is a blessing to your friends.

Diane Elizabeth
07-24-2011, 07:35 PM
I always say "Expect the worst and Hope for the Best". that is what I prepare myself for when I come out to family and friends.