PDA

View Full Version : Bubble baths

bobbie sue
07-25-2011, 06:32 AM
How many of you grils like bubble baths,i just love to fill the tub with hot water an lots of bubbles light some candles play some soft music and get a glass of cold wine and just lay back an enjoy myself:)

Danni Renee
07-25-2011, 06:40 AM
I love bubble baths but bubble baths are work time for me! That is when I typically shave so I only get a little relaxation time before I have to start the chore.

Jean Ann S
07-25-2011, 07:02 AM
what brand do you use?

Jean Ann

Diane Elizabeth
07-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I loved them as a kid and I love them still. As a male I would sneak in and have a bb when my SO was out. This only happened a few times since I had kids around too.

Karren H
07-25-2011, 09:28 AM
I hate them!! Especially in the whirlpool tub! Lol.

jenniferj
07-25-2011, 09:36 AM
I almost always take baths; they are just so much more relaxing. On the days when I don't need to wash my hair I put the neutragena bath oil in as the tub fills - Lots and lots of bubbles! I love to look through the mountains of foam and see my pink, smooth legs and toenail polish - and (until the hot water causes the glue to let go) my breasts. :) And - of course- read Cosmo - no better place is known to woman :) :)

On shampoo days, I add the oil after I rinse the conditioner out - no bubbles, but the oil makes shaving a delight and leaves my skin so very soft.

-jj

Veronica 1
07-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Bubble baths are wonderful. I love to lay and relax in the bobbles.

SuzanneBender
07-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Mr. Bubble in the tubble...it'll get ya squeaky clean! Ahhhh I loved my Mr. Bubble as a kid. I have graduated to the adult bubble baths but I still love them. They are a rare treat but nothing is more luxurious.

Billie Jean
07-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I do. Nothing as relaxing as a long bubble bath. I love to take long baths in my whirlpool tub also. Karen I see in your new avatar a side of you I figured was always there. LOL. Billie Jean

Debra Russell
07-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Bubble baths %^**what self respecting guy would&^$#@@(*.....--- Oh wait a minute Debbie wants to talk ........ Bubble baths :daydreaming::)What a way to express your own personal femininity --just love em:o..........Debra

sandra-leigh
07-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately bubble baths do not like me as much as I like bubble baths; the ones I try tend to dry my skin.

Until recently we used Lush's "Bathos" bath bars, which was relatively gentle on my skin; unfortunately Lush stopped making Bathos except as part of its gift sets.

Sometimes we use one of the Japanese bath powders intended to simulate Japanese natural hot-spring water. Regrettably these days we find those dry out our skin even while we are in the bath itself, so we have pretty much given those up.

We had found a Lush "bath bomb" that we liked; unfortunately Lush discontinued that too.

So... I tend to just go back to basics these days: a few drops of Lavender essential oil. Or, if I'm by myself, Pine essential oil.

Shananigans
07-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Bubble baths are the bomb dot com. Speaking of, I know plenty of guys that take bubble baths with a cold one. The manliest country boy I know enjoys a hard day on his farm and a bubble bath. Why does it have to be a female thing? I've never associated the two. I was surprised when my SO said he could not remember the last time he took a bubble bath, so I reintroduced him to the concept. Now, he is spoiled to it. Nothing is more luxurious than a bubble bath, a glass of vino or champagne, dark chocolate, and a few candles. During these baths, I try to just calm my mind and concentrate on how good everything feels around me.

But, I can really only make time for these baths once every couple of weeks.

However, I really suck at shaving standing up...I am just tall, gangly, and generally uncoordinated. So, I usually take a bath at night and wash my hair in the AM. During my night time baths, I will read something. Also, raising your internal body temperature and then having your body temperature cool down back to normal in your bed is a natural way to relax and signal sleep.

I would like a huge tub one day for the two of us to enjoy soaking simultaneously. (Though it's nice to be in your own little world too). It would be REALLY awesome to have private property with an outdoor tub, but that may just be the exhibitionist in me talking.

Torrey
07-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I love them, too. Have not indulged in this hot weather, and I am missing it. I much prefer shaving my legs in the tub rather than the shower. Don't know what the brand is, but at Kroger I can buy these little balls which effervesce and have wonderful aromas. Next best thing to a jacuzzi tub, I guess.

aprilmaeflowers
07-25-2011, 01:24 PM
With my 5 Ft. Claw-Foot Tub I Just go Bubble Swimming...And its soooooooooooooo nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii cccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeee..Ahh!!

RADER
07-25-2011, 01:28 PM
You are giving an old person wicked Ideas. LOL
Rader

ArleneRaquel
07-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Bubble baths are da bomb. :battingeyelashes:

Amanda Styles
07-26-2011, 01:31 AM
I love a nice bath with candles, music, glass of wine even in summer months.
You can always crank up the A/C for when you get out.
I do take showers if in a hurry but there is just something about luxuriating in a nice bubble bath.

:)

joanna4
07-26-2011, 03:33 AM
I like them. I try to do it once a week, it's nice to know that you smell good afterwards.

Iskandra
07-26-2011, 03:55 AM
Once in a blue moon I feel like a bath, so I'll run one.. Non-bubbly.. I get in and 5 mins later I need out! A bath is just not my thing..
Yet... We can go to the hot springs and I can sit and soak for hours loving every minute... Go figure?!?

Raychel
07-26-2011, 05:46 AM
I love a nice bubble bath, If there is enough hot water, That always seems to be a problem for me, I get all set up and there is never any hot water. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cynthia Anne
07-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Bubble baths are for real ladies! I guess that is why so many of us enjoy them!

trisha11
07-26-2011, 07:41 AM
I love bubble baths, just the way you do, lots of bubbles, wine, music, candles

lauraabdl
07-26-2011, 07:56 AM
I adore a bubble bath at least once a week in the evening, wine and music a must. It does a something special for the woman in me. I just love the way you smell after getting out of a long hot soak. We girls should enjoy the bubble bath time we are worth it ain't we.

Debra Russell
07-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Wonder if bubble bath stuff is not good for a hot tub!?:D

terrianncd
07-26-2011, 12:06 PM
We take baths in our clawfoot tub as well. Bubblebaths are always great. I've always been a bath baby. Read, shave,relax, just can not do that in a shower!
I would not put any in the hot tub however....

sandra-leigh
07-26-2011, 03:16 PM

I have been told that there is different bubble bath for jacuzzi's: using regular stuff is like using dish detergent in a dish washer: it would foam all over the place.

If it is a wooden hot tub (no jacuzzi) then you probably need to avoid soap of any kind in it, so that it doesn't lose its protective seasoning.

UNDERDRESSER
07-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Once in a blue moon I feel like a bath, so I'll run one.. Non-bubbly.. I get in and 5 mins later I need out! A bath is just not my thing..
Yet... We can go to the hot springs and I can sit and soak for hours loving every minute... Go figure?!?

I'm with you on the hot springs, I'll stay 'till I wrinkle up like a prune! I do like baths however, but as is probably the problem you have, keeping it hot is a pain. Having said that, the idea of having a tub big enough for two to share a bubble bath, hmmmm........

Schatten Lupus
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I've not had one since I was a little kid. But any tub I've had access to wasn't big enough to be relaxing, and now all I have is a shower stall. I am fond of taking long, hot showers though, and letting the warmth relax and sooth my body and mind.

5150 Girl
07-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I use vanilla cented BB.
AS an Avon Lady, I have a customer who owns a tire shop. He says a hint of BB keeps the tub from developing a grime ring

donnatracey
07-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Love bubble baths - so relaxing! And shaving your legs while so relaxed is absolutely wonderful......esp with some music in the background (and an occasional cold drink)....:heehee:

Amanda Styles
07-27-2011, 03:25 AM

That is a 100% not good for the equipment situation.

Save it for the bathtub.

Iskandra
07-27-2011, 03:42 AM
I'm with you on the hot springs, I'll stay 'till I wrinkle up like a prune! I do like baths however, but as is probably the problem you have, keeping it hot is a pain. Having said that, the idea of having a tub big enough for two to share a bubble bath, hmmmm........

Not really, I tend to draw mine pretty hot, I just get uncomfortable long before the water cools much.. I think it's the size restriction.. Not being able to fully submerge!

kimdl93
07-27-2011, 09:00 AM
My wife and I often build an eving around a bubble bath - along with candles, wine and snacks. We have a large jacuzzi tub in the bath.