PDA

View Full Version : Starting hormone therapy

Zoe Michelle
07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone, I'm starting hrt in about a month! Yay me! Anywho, I have a question. I want to have some of my sperm frozen between now and when I start hrt, just in case I want children in the future. Does anyone know any facilities in Dallas, Texas, where I can have that done?

StaceyJane
07-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Yea!!!! on starting HRT. It was the best decision I have made in a long time and I hope it is great for you.
I have no idea about sperm banks in Dallas except to say Google and the phone.

Melody Moore
07-25-2011, 08:43 PM
First of all congratulations! :hugs:

You are about to embark on one of the most interesting journeys into womanhood
and no doubt you will have lots of questions but that is what we are also here for.

Stephenie S
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Google "Sperm Bank + Dallas".

s

Andrea85
07-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I sorta regret not doing that myself. But with my health issues, and the fact that being with a woman is disgusting to me now, it's probably good I didn't. But it is good you did think of that. To find one, I'd try the phone book or Google. Looking at my parents right now, I see a place in Knoxville that does it (closest city to me). Congrats on the hormones though. It's a big step well worth taking. :)

Zoe Michelle
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Well, found a place that preserves sperm, and it turns out that it is not covered by insurance, so I may not be able to afford to have that done. If not, that is a shame, but if I eventually want kids, adoption is always an option. And who knows, as fast as medical technology is developing, there may be a method of reproduction in the future that uses DNA from normal cells. At any rate, my appointment with the endocrinologist to get started on HRT is on August 22. Counting the days! Don't you hate how time seems to slow to a stop when you're excited about something?

Katesback
07-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Well...........some people will go on HRT and stop it say prior to SRS and you would be surprised at how fast the parts start working when you stop HRT.

Melody Moore
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
I was well warned about the effects of hormones by my doctor before I started taking them. And after prolonged use
taking hormones will make you permanently sterilise, so I was told. That is just my opinion but don't trust it. Remember
this is just a forum where there are many 'unqualified personal opinions' & lots of people post a lot of crap here, including
me apparently. :daydreaming: So I suggest that you should go talk to your doctor to get to the bottom of this.