PDA

View Full Version : First time doing makeup for someone

joanna4
07-26-2011, 04:13 AM
My sister has known that I had a passion for makeup for almost 3 years now. I've been telling her which ones to buy and how to choose the right one. She's 19 and she does wear makeup quite often. She has told me to do a makeup look for her for about a week now and after going to walmart tonight to get a few more cosmetics, I got to work on her face. I started with using my cosmetics only and not her's. I gave her the "usual" look that I normally do for myself with silver eyes, pink lips, and a lot of blush.She thought it was "too much." My mom liked it because of the fact that it stood out. Of course it was a party and going out look.

So it was the first time that I did makeup on someone other than myself, my sister saw my makeup collection, and my mom knows that I can do makeup now. Really happy and my time of coming out is near:D

Gina X
07-26-2011, 04:56 AM
That sounds great Joanna, I'm still having trouble doing makeup for myself let alone anyone else !! LOL

Cynthia Anne
07-26-2011, 07:02 AM
That is so cool Joanna! I do beleive you have found your calling in life! Can't wait til I get to read about your mother helping you with the correct bra to wear while you are doing her makeup!:D

Adriennegrl
07-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Nice, I wish I had a sister to do the same with. You're not out to your parents? They must know or question how you can do makeup. That's a good lead in :)

SweetIonis
07-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Joanna I think that is SO AWESOME!!!! It must be so nice to do that with your sister. Actually I learned a little bit from watching my sister and gf, so I think it's so amazing that you are so good you can actually do your sister. It's nice to know someone who is so expert!!!!! U GO GIRL!!!!

5150 Girl
07-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Makeup is a good opening line for an outing I think.
When I was in TV, there was this anchor that liked me to do her makeup for air.

Eryn
07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
That must have been so much fun. I'd love to be able to do something like that for a willing subject!

kimdl93
07-27-2011, 08:58 AM
That's great. I think its wonderful that your sister and Mom recognize your skills. Have you offered to do your Mom's make-up? It might provide a forum for some interesting conversation.

darla_g
07-27-2011, 08:59 AM
i think that's really great to help your sister and share your talent

joanna4
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks everyone, I might be giving my sister different makeup looks soon so I might share;)
I haven't offered to do my mom's because she sticks to one look when she goes out.