PDA

View Full Version : update on forced outing

tari
10-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi sisters. About a month ago I started a thread about a co-worker who was outed at work by a computer mistake. I asked you girls for advice on how to approach her to offer support. After careful consideration, I dove in head first into the shallow end of the pool. I approached her privately. She played dumb until I told her I was tg forever. After that I had a very honest, face to face conversation with another cder for the first time in my life.So similar, yet different. We exchanged e-mail addresses, and she has expressed her gratitude for the support. She is an untouchable now at work, and was shocked and pleased to find a sister. So I guess I will put this one in the win column for the sisterhood. Thanks for the advice. I Just thought I'd let you know how it worked out. :)

susandrea
10-09-2005, 12:45 AM
The two of you must be the best people there.:) :thumbsup:

"It is better to be in chains with friends, than to be in a garden with strangers."
-Persian Proverb

Stephenie
10-09-2005, 12:58 AM
You took a chance. Glad it work out. And I imagine that she is over joyed too. May you both benefit from this.

Sophia Rearen
10-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Good Girl, Tari. Way to go. A big win for our sisterhood.

Lady Jayne
10-09-2005, 05:46 AM
Good for you for having the courage to support her. I bet she's feeling really alone and in need of a friend at the moment,Hmmm wonder if she knows about this place.

Stlalice
10-09-2005, 06:50 AM
After the incident mentioned above I posted a piece called "The Fight Club" that covers most aspects of talking to someone who is LGBT without having them panic or outing yourself more than necessary. Was considered "off topic" by the powers that be and moved to the lounge forum - I still recomend reading it for anyone who finds themselves wanting to talk to someone in that situation. :thumbsup:

GypsyKaren
10-09-2005, 07:49 AM
It was very nice of you to show her your support, and now you have a new friend.

GypsyKaren

Julie York
10-09-2005, 07:58 AM
After the incident mentioned above I posted a piece called "The Fight Club" that covers most aspects of talking to someone who is LGBT without having them panic or outing yourself more than necessary. Was considered "off topic" by the powers that be and moved to the lounge forum - I still recomend reading it for anyone who finds themselves wanting to talk to someone in that situation. :thumbsup:

Post it again then. Maybe it was off topic...maybe the 'powers that be' on the day were ...erm.....Nah let's not go there.....:D But it sounds interesting so post it again. If it gets moved then no matter. Folk read the Lounge threads too.

Good work tari! You've got some guts as it puts you in the firing line too, so all credit to you for showing the others what immature ill-informed idiots they are.