PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed...it's kind of a good thing ??

simsdudley111
07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone,
They closed the company I work for in May.
So now everyone is a work or school (SO & teens).
I'm home all alone most of the day.
What should i do?? We all know the answer to that.
I'm able to apply online for employment, clean house
and even yard work alot more comfortable..
At least until unemployment insurance runs out..
Look on the brightside, the glass is half full indeed..
Enjoy!!!

Wendy_Marie
07-27-2011, 11:41 AM
I have been in the same boat as you report here myself...been out of work since 05/27/2011 and I find myself missing it greatly.
On the positive side I was just offered another job from my old supervisor...looking forward to getting back on the job.

Karren H
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Damn... I'd be too depressed to dress!

Suzy Parker
07-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Yah Right! Uh huh. I believe that. You would just put on your Blue wig thats all. LOL

Loni
07-27-2011, 11:49 AM
if i lost my job i would have to have a fire sale. way too much junk to keep in storage...for very long.

and even my rv (i would have to live in it) is to small for all of loni's things.

but yes as long as the checks keep coming i would take a vacation as loni see some of the sights.
then who knows?

Maria in heels
07-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Enjoy it while you can....it may seem strange in the beginning, but I'm sure that you will be able to have some "fun" during he day, and still have a little something coming in ... just remember to cut back on your shopping!

RenneB
07-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Been on the dole for over a year myself and was starting to go a little crazy until Renne came back. The first two months I spend a couple grand on getting her wardrobe and have had to slow down a little bit now. When school was in, I was Rennee from 9-2 M-F and lovin it. Got out a few times, but now it's summer and everyone's home so the CDng takes a back seat....

Renne.....

prettytoes
07-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Getting laid off was a blessing in disguise for me. It gave me the chance to do what I had dreamed of for many years...start my own business. I am going on 3 years on my own now, and I have a very steady workflow. I have several loyal customers, and add new ones constantly. I do antique restoration and custom cabinetry. I do a lot of insurance work to repair furniture after fire/water damage.
I no longer have to answer to idiots that have no clue, I take off when I want to, all the profit comes to me, and I get more time to dress! Oh yeah, no one to catch me when I bend over and my panties stick out!
Maybe it's a sign for you to follow your dreams. I hope it works out for you like it did for me. Good luck!

Cynthia Anne
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
AW come on! TOO DEPRESS TO DRESS! That's like too thirsty to drink! Taint gonna happen!?:eek::drink::D

Schatten Lupus
07-27-2011, 04:18 PM
It's nice, and then in my case I got a job that was costing me money so I had to quit and now I can't get unemployment so it really sucks.

AW come on! TOO DEPRESS TO DRESS! That's like too thirsty to drink! Taint gonna happen!?
It happens. There are times when it's just too much effort, and what difference does it really make anyways. But when those days come, about the only thing that even seems remotely appealing is sitting on a couch and mindlessly channel surfing, but even that is just to do something other than sleep.

celeste26
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Well I'm on disability and while that is not like being unemployed it means my budget is quite low and not anything at all for Celeste.

Tara D. Rose
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM
I've just becomd un-employed too as of 3 weeks ago. Yes it's bad, and I'm worried of how my wife and I are going to survive, and with the 14.5 trillion debt, and a deadline looming for the countries to take this country over that we are indebted to, not if, but when we go into default and we all lose all that we think we have in the bank, well at least I have a full closet of Tara's clothes. But hey I look on the bright side I can be me now most of the time till they come to get me and us and throw us into a FEMA concentration camp, see you all there....................Tara

Schatten Lupus
07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
But hey I look on the bright side I can be me now most of the time till they come to get me and us and throw us into a FEMA concentration camp, see you all there....................Tara
LOL! I haven't heard of that one in awhile. Supposedly one of those camps is supposed to be where a low-to-medium security prison (that houses some high security prisoners) that is on Grissom Air Force Reserve base that I live only a few miles from. And there "proof" is there are high barbed wire fences and bright lights visible from U.S. 31. However they forgot to mention the housing addition, a few gas stations and restaurants, a golf course, museum, and the several "PRISON AREA - DO NOT PICK UP HITCHHIKERS" signs that are found all around the base.
Actually I'm about to apply at ****ing McDonalds just to have a job. I'm just going to have to keep reminding myself that at least they'll let me keep my hair (which is half way down my back now), and having some income means I'll be able to begin my transition. And I should only be their for no more than a year and a half as I'll finish my degree at community college and move to whatever city I go to university at where hopefully I'll be able to find something better. And by better, I mean something that does not have a frier.

eluuzion
07-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey, at my house there is no such thing as being "unemployed". I am either employed or self-employed. hehehe I have been "self-employed" for about 17 years now. :battingeyelashes:

If I need a "title" for a résumé to apply for a job I might want, I just use this...
http://www.bullshitjob.com/title/
:D

:love:

ricci
07-27-2011, 07:37 PM
I was unemployed for 13 months May 2009 - June 2010. Around Sept. 2009 I started dressing again after about a 12 year dormancy. CDing was a great way for me to deal with depression. Everyone is different. Do what you feel is right.

Alice B
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, but your attitude is very refreshing. Enjoy your freedom as much as you can.

NicoleScott
07-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't call unemployment a good thing, but I call your response to it "making lemonade".

JodieGreen
07-28-2011, 11:25 AM
hehehe should try Point Of Sales Field repair! Its pretty much a 100% secured job.

No matter how hard Hajidid tries, he can't physically fix your register from india over the phone, You've got to call someone like me for that.

whats sad is its pretty much the only form of computer repair that hasn't moved overseas. even Dell's HWRS is handled in mexico these days. but with point of sales equipment you can't exactly tear out a register and wait 4~8 weeks for a new one. and theres at least 3 POS terminals in every store you go to country wide. So its a lot of work.

16 hours a day 7 days a week on call though, but it pays well, and i can field or pass calls whenever I want or schedule if i choose. I'm getting paid to post on these forums right now as a matter o fact!

PLUS! i've started making side deals with a lot of the doctors offices, 180$ a visit and they usually have me doing that four times a year. Multiply that by 40 people and it starts to become a considerable amount of 'under the table' deals.

also started doing housing photography for a real estate agent making pictograph maps for the virtual home tours. pretty easy, all you need is a digital camera, tripod and a flood light. i lucked out and found a 650W Sodium Light that attaches straight to my tripod and mounts the camera as well. so its basically just picking the camera up, moving it 10 feet and snapping another shot. Whole process takes about an hour and nets me almost 300$ i do that about 5 or 6 times a week.

That teacher that told me i could never be my own boss was entirely wrong. Wish i could rub my bank account receipts in her face.

BLUE ORCHID
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I would say look into a community collage for re traning so you can get back to work to support your crossdressing.

Orchid

girlygirly
07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I work for a municipality that has put a few of us on layoff several times over the last few years, because of budget battles and the legislation trying to squeeze us so they can fund pet projects. I'm kinda hoping they'll do it again soon, I plan on spending a week in the forest dressed like one of the hot girls on Survivor. They can't terminate me or phase out my position, and I always can get unemployment if they send me home. The last time I got back pay, and had to cancel the unemployment claim before the checks started arriving.

RenneB
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Love this post... You and I girl are in the same boat. The first few months, I was optimistic and surfed for a new job. As time went on, the deepression set it like a heavy clowd. A few weeks later, as I sat under my rock, I thought back to my days of dressing up. From then on, I'm making lemonade and having a blast... Okay the no money kindof sucks but hay, at least I'm en fem....

Renne.....

kristinacd55
07-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Well, my business closed down a year ago.....still looking but been pretty....pretty occupied with other things. Meanwhile, reading a great book from the library (I'm not the author and don't know them lol) called...ta da "Thank you for firing me"! It's awesome